Madison Central 5 Highlands 3

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Madison Central 5 Highlands 3

    I saw on Twitter that Madison Central beat the Birds 5-3.

    I then saw they beat Conner as well.

    Were both games played at the same field?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    678

    No MC played at Highland park and then bussed over to Conner. They're supposed to come back tomorrow afternoon and play Cov Cath and Ryle (weather permitting).

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    980

    Game was well played by both squads. Birds scored 2 in the first and added another on a Whitford HR in the 3rd inning

    MC scored all 5 of their runs in the 5th inning.

  4. #4
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,524

    Who took the loss for the Birds?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    358

    Quality matchup - the kind of game that serves as a measuring stick for June.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    565

    The MC and Conner game was played at SK, and MC handed it to the Cougars pretty good 13-2.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    980

    Pitching Matchup was Jones for the Birds and Holbrook for the Indians. Was told by a MC player that Holbrook was their # 1 or 2 starter.

    Totals bear out that this was a very even game.

    Madison Central 5 4 1
    Highlands 3 7 1

    Birds were a little unlucky in the top of the 5th when, with the bases loaded and 2 runs already in for MC, a sharply hit ball to SS which would have been most certainly a double play, took a wicked hop and hit Todd Ramey in the throat, allowing MC to take the lead 4-3. Ramey showed me the stitches on his neck after the game.

    MC is solid and made several nice defensive plays. They aren't ranked #5 in Ky for nothing. With their win over Conner I think they are 18-4 now.

    Two very good teams. Kuddos to Coach B for scheduling this game. It will help get the Birds' ready for the post season.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    Where was Whitford playing? Had no idea Ramey played SS.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    980

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame View Post
    Where was Whitford playing? Had no idea Ramey played SS.
    2nd base.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    980

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  341.6 KB

    The umpire called the runner safe. This was one of the 5 outs the Birds had to record in the 5th inning.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,466

    Quote Originally Posted by thisguy View Post
    The MC and Conner game was played at SK, and MC handed it to the Cougars pretty good 13-2.
    That explains why I saw all those buses at SK. I was there for the NewCath/SK frosh softball games.

    Does Conner still have that player with the long hair? When I arrived for the softball games, has I pulled into the lot I noticed a player taking fly-balls with some long locks. Kind of reminded me of myself from my softball days, but I had more curl in mine.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    19

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy13 View Post
    That explains why I saw all those buses at SK. I was there for the NewCath/SK frosh softball games.

    Does Conner still have that player with the long hair? When I arrived for the softball games, has I pulled into the lot I noticed a player taking fly-balls with some long locks. Kind of reminded me of myself from my softball days, but I had more curl in mine.
    yes Conner still does lol his name is Blaise Ostertag a SR OF

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    13


Top