Dugout chatter.... when is it too much?

Page 2 of Recently experienced a new level of chatter and was curious if this is more common than I thought, as well as a question to the group as to what you fe... 20 comments | 3366 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,353

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe View Post
    I've always wondered why certain conduct is allowed in high school sports but not others.

    Can you imagine three guys at the free throw line yelling for the free throw shooter to miss it, but they can yell for the batter to swing?

    What about basketball players meeting in the circle and hugging after every point like they do in volleyball?

    Or basketball players yelling at the refs the way soccer players are allowed in soccer.
    Gal I work with was a UCLA cheerleader. Whenever a team made it to the NCAA's they sent some cheerleaders. Well one year the Golf team (or player) made a run. She said she felt so awkward watching a golf match in her cheerleading outfit. No she didn't do any cheers.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    20,897

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe View Post
    I've always wondered why certain conduct is allowed in high school sports but not others.

    Can you imagine three guys at the free throw line yelling for the free throw shooter to miss it, but they can yell for the batter to swing?

    What about basketball players meeting in the circle and hugging after every point like they do in volleyball?

    Or basketball players yelling at the refs the way soccer players are allowed in soccer.
    Nice.

  3. #18
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,215

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    Gal I work with was a UCLA cheerleader. Whenever a team made it to the NCAA's they sent some cheerleaders. Well one year the Golf team (or player) made a run. She said she felt so awkward watching a golf match in her cheerleading outfit. No she didn't do any cheers.
    And I'll bet she was a distraction, just the same.

  4. #19
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,353

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    And I'll bet she was a distraction, just the same.
    I’m sure she was. She is rather soft on the eyes.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    I'm don't mind bench jockeying as long as it doesn't cross the line. I hate choreographed cheers. The "not even....close" on a failed pickoff attempt is lame and tiresome and, frankly, knothole-ish.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    135

    I don't mind a little bit of it....not a fan of chants or other nonsense. Umpires judgement as to when it crosses the line. Well-coached players can block it out easily.

Top