Breckinridge County 10 Beechwood 6 (8 innings) (KHSAA State Baseball Quarterfinal)

  1. #1
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    148,659

    Breckinridge County 10 Beechwood 6 (8 innings) (KHSAA State Baseball Quarterfinal)

    Breckinridge poured on 4 runs in the top of the 8th for the win.

    Brock Lucas gets the win for BC.

    Carter Noah takes the loss for Beechwood.

    Great season Beechwood.

    Congrats Breckinridge County!
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    4,303

    Congrats to Breckinridge County. Great season Beechwood! Need a little luck to advance and luck wasn’t on Beechwood’s side.

  3. #3
    dd734's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    West L.A. - West Lower Alexandria
    Posts
    2,597

    Congratulations to the Fighting Tiger. As well, Congratulations to Beechwood Tigers on a Great year.

  4. #4
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,886

    Tough loss for Beechwood. Hold your heads up high boys! You gave it your all!

    Congratulations and good luck to Breckinridge County!

  5. #5
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,848

    Great season for Beechwood. Anything can happen in baseball. It sounds like the Tigers defense made a couple mistakes and Breckinridge County took full advantage. Good for them making the most of the opportunities.

    The Beechwood Tigers put their best on the mound so no second guessing. It just didn't work out. A great senior class. Best wishes to all and wishing continued baseball success to all the seniors who are moving on to the next level.

  6. #6
    dd734's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    West L.A. - West Lower Alexandria
    Posts
    2,597

    Breckinridge County is the real deal.
    They play a solid game. Their defense is solid, and they put the ball in play. Along with some impressive arms, and good team speed.
    As with most good teams, you give them a break, they take advantage of it.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    9,800

    Very impressed with Breckinridge County and their fans last night. There were a lot of them and they were loud. Great turnout from their fan base, they were really into the game, seemingly hanging on every pitch.

  8. #8
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,848

    Castleman reached base in every at bat in the game, correct?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 19
    Posts
    6

    This reminds me of 2005 when BW was playing Trinity and had a lead on them before the game was postponed due to lightning. Came back the next day and lost. Unfortunate for BW, great season nonetheless.

    I know BW did not have the lead this year but they seemingly had the momentum in the last few innings.

  10. #10
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    4,303

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    Very impressed with Breckinridge County and their fans last night. There were a lot of them and they were loud. Great turnout from their fan base, they were really into the game, seemingly hanging on every pitch.
    I work with guy that lives there. He said whole county going to be up there tomorrow.

  11. #11
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,848

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerpride94 View Post
    I work with guy that lives there. He said whole county going to be up there tomorrow.
    Not saying this as a slight, but I don't know of any other big successes in sports for Breckinridge County. If that is correct, this is history making stuff in that county and you sure want to be there if you are connected in any way to the school/county. It makes me want to root for them too now that Beechwood is out.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    Anywhere there is mass
    Posts
    347

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Not saying this as a slight, but I don't know of any other big successes in sports for Breckinridge County. If that is correct, this is history making stuff in that county and you sure want to be there if you are connected in any way to the school/county. It makes me want to root for them too now that Beechwood is out.
    They've been state champs in boys basketball a couple of times.

  13. #13
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,809

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Not saying this as a slight, but I don't know of any other big successes in sports for Breckinridge County. If that is correct, this is history making stuff in that county and you sure want to be there if you are connected in any way to the school/county. It makes me want to root for them too now that Beechwood is out.
    State basketball champs in 1965 and 1995 and produced Hall of Famer Butch Beard but no real baseball success. This year was their first ever Region baseball championship.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    9,800

    Josh Moore @HLpreps posted video of the misplayed pop fly to short left in the top of the 8th that led to 3 unearned runs for Breckinridge. Tough break for Beechwood.

  15. #15
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,848

    Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    They've been state champs in boys basketball a couple of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    State basketball champs in 1965 and 1995 and produced Hall of Famer Butch Beard but no real baseball success. This year was their first ever Region baseball championship.
    Thanks! I did not remember that. Butch Beard was a total stud.

Top