Beechwood 5 Brossart 2 (All A 9/10 Sectional)

  1. #1
    EyeOfTheTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 12
    Posts
    1,208

    Beechwood 5 Brossart 2 (All A 9/10 Sectional)

    Congratulations to the Tigers! Another trip down state. Good luck in Lexington defending your All A title!
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,423

    Congratulations also to the Tigers and best of luck in the "A" State.
    Junior Carter Noah was outstanding on the mound today, limiting the Mustangs to only two runs in the contest.

    The "A" State this year will be held at Chautaugua Park in Owensboro.

    The Tigers will play the winner of Williamsburg/Hazard in the 11am game on Saturday, April 27th.

  3. #3
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    3,144

    Shows what I know about baseball. I have spent the last week and a half assuming that their victory over St. Henry punched their ticket to Owensboro.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,266

    Would like to hear a little more about Noah. I am pretty sure he plays NG/Center on the football team; which isn't normally the type of physique a power pitcher possesses.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,924

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Would like to hear a little more about Noah. I am pretty sure he plays NG/Center on the football team; which isn't normally the type of physique a power pitcher possesses.
    Carter is on the small side for a NG/C.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    244

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    Shows what I know about baseball. I have spent the last week and a half assuming that their victory over St. Henry punched their ticket to Owensboro.
    I do believe in some sports ( ie Baseball, Soccer- maybe others) the All 'A'" plays a sectional game so only 8 teams go to the "state" tournament.

  7. #7
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,455

    Good luck to the Beechies down state. Sounds like a great effort by Brossart, who hung in there until the end.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    4,266

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212 View Post
    Carter is on the small side for a NG/C.
    Can you be specific? I had heard 5'11" and 245. Is that even close?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,924

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Can you be specific? I had heard 5'11" and 245. Is that even close?
    I haven’t seen him since football, but I would’ve guessed more around 210.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    10,924

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldercoach View Post
    Can you be specific? I had heard 5'11" and 245. Is that even close?
    Football roster had him listed as 5’10” and 183.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Posts
    1,049

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Congratulations also to the Tigers and best of luck in the "A" State.
    Junior Carter Noah was outstanding on the mound today, limiting the Mustangs to only two runs in the contest.

    The "A" State this year will be held at Chautaugua Park in Owensboro.

    The Tigers will play the winner of Williamsburg/Hazard in the 11am game on Saturday, April 27th.
    I believe Beechwood plays Highlands at 8PM Friday night at GABP and then have to be in Owensboro for the 10AM(our time) All A game. That is a tough spot to be in. Maybe BW can get something changed with that schedule???

  12. #12
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,423

    Quote Originally Posted by punttheball View Post
    I believe Beechwood plays Highlands at 8PM Friday night at GABP and then have to be in Owensboro for the 10AM(our time) All A game. That is a tough spot to be in. Maybe BW can get something changed with that schedule???
    That is what we call a "Good Problem", reflecting the success of the program.

    Realistically, you are correct, that scenario is brutal. No easy solution.
    If you play the Friday night game, depart soon thereafter, make the three hour trip to Owensboro, check in in the wee hours, get a few hours of sleep and hope you can get by Williamsburg, then rest and recover prior to your 8:30am game on Sunday Morning (7:30am EDT).

    Somehow Kevin Gray will have them thinking that this is a favorable situation.

Top