7th Region Baseball Discussion

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    Baseball Field, Watching, Teaching and Talking about Baseball
    Posts
    28,689

    7th Region Baseball Discussion

    Baseball will begin March 23rd. Let's use this thread to discuss the 7th Region, Teams, Players to watch, Schedules, Sr college commits and the season.

    Atherton
    Ballard
    Christian Academy
    Collegiate
    DuPont Manual
    Eastern
    Fern Creek
    Jeffersontown
    KY Country Day
    Male
    Moore
    Seneca
    St. Xavier
    Trinity
    Waggener
    Whitefield Academy
    Advertisement
    Last edited by STRIKE3; Feb 16, 09 at 09:10 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Posts
    256

    Christian Academy is the team to watch. No one in the county can match their style of play. Ballard, Trinity and X may have some hard throwing pitchers, but CA has proven they can them. Until the rest of the teams can prove they can a 50 mph slow ball, CA will be the team to beat.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Posts
    302

    No element of surprise for CAL this year. They may be successful using the 50 mph method, but odds are the other teams will be prepered for it. The pitching staffs in the 7th will be deep. From top to bottom I will go with Eastern. Pitching and defense wins championships.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    921

    The magic may be gone at CAL with the departure of Gray. Eastern has the stud pitching staff. Manual has a very good staff as well with Doering, Pearcy, Klondike and Harness. In a 1 and done scenario Ballard and Trinity are dangerous with Mcombs and Littrell. Male has strong senior and junior position players, maybe thin on the hill. X has quality players at every position, the big question is the emergence of a shutdown pitcher. Should be wide open once again with the draw and the ability to save pitching playing a big role.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Location
    New Albany
    Posts
    300

    Quote Originally Posted by Park1221 View Post
    The magic may be gone at CAL with the departure of Gray. Eastern has the stud pitching staff. Manual has a very good staff as well with Doering, Pearcy, Klondike and Harness. In a 1 and done scenario Ballard and Trinity are dangerous with Mcombs and Littrell. Male has strong senior and junior position players, maybe thin on the hill. X has quality players at every position, the big question is the emergence of a shutdown pitcher. Should be wide open once again with the draw and the ability to save pitching playing a big role.
    I agree with this pretty much through and through. Ballard, to me, seems pretty much the same as ST X with strong junior and senior position players, just no proven pitching depth besides McCombd. Eastern has a very good overall balance, and I think are the favorite to come out of the 7th cause of the balance and depth of pitching.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Posts
    90

    I heard Trinity kept some sophmores on the varsity team that may only be able to throw 50 mph. Coach T must be planning for the future games against Cal or do these sophs have dads that are buds with Coach. How much longer must the rock faithful have to wait until Trinity goes out and gets a baseball coach the caliber of their football and basketball programs?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    921

    Quote Originally Posted by WHAT-A-FAN View Post
    I heard Trinity kept some sophmores on the varsity team that may only be able to throw 50 mph. Coach T must be planning for the future games against Cal or do these sophs have dads that are buds with Coach. How much longer must the rock faithful have to wait until Trinity goes out and gets a baseball coach the caliber of their football and basketball programs?
    What-a-fan,
    Now you want a baseball coach the same caliber of Szabo?? BTW, these sophmore baseball players that you say might only be only be able to throw 50 mph, did you verify that with a radar gun before you publicly degraded their ability and Coach Tompkins decison to select them?
    Last edited by Ram; Mar 3, 09 at 04:40 PM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Posts
    256

    Quote Originally Posted by Park1221 View Post
    What-a-fan,
    Now you want a baseball coach the same caliber of Szabo?? BTW, these sophmore baseball players that you say might only be only be able to throw 50 mph, did you verify that with a radar gun before you publicly degraded their ability and Coach Tompkins decison to select them?
    Wow, What a Fan. You better check your resources before you start talking about these sophmores. One is a catcher and the other, an infielder. Yes, the catchers father is a freshman coach. The other sophomore is good enough to start either SS or 2nd. Coach Tompkins decisions may be questionable, but as he has always stated, life if not fair.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    921

    Quote Originally Posted by Roc4ever View Post
    Wow, What a Fan. You better check your resources before you start talking about these sophmores. One is a catcher and the other, an infielder. Yes, the catchers father is a freshman coach. The other sophomore is good enough to start either SS or 2nd. Coach Tompkins decisions may be questionable, but as he has always stated, life if not fair.
    If we're talking about Ramser(C) and Armstrong(SS/2B) then "What a fan" owes both a big apology....Both have very good arms, defensive skills and bats.

  10. #10
    thsrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Posts
    3,507

    Quote Originally Posted by WHAT-A-FAN View Post
    I heard Trinity kept some sophmores on the varsity team that may only be able to throw 50 mph. Coach T must be planning for the future games against Cal or do these sophs have dads that are buds with Coach. How much longer must the rock faithful have to wait until Trinity goes out and gets a baseball coach the caliber of their football and basketball programs?
    As I understand it, neither is a pitcher. You or someone you know must have been cut by Mr. Tompkins. Or maybe some of the rubber from the Marshall Stadium turf may have blinded you a little. And leave Coach Szabo out of this battle, he has his hands full with his 7th region tourney. Coach Beatty is too busy planning for next season. Baseball success matches or outdoes basketball easily.

    Random swipes at Coach T and his players are usually not accepted around here by the Trinity faithful.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    79

    Maybe what-a-fan has a point.

Top