Who's Paying For That Wall?

Page 2 of Sources: Trump will ask Congress, not Mexico, to pay for border wall - CNNPolitics.com... 121 comments | 3508 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Great. Ill pay my share, and you will pay yours. Nothing more satisfying than to see the left have to pay for it along with everyone else. Does not deter my support one bit, as a matter of fact it makes me even more strong of a supporter if he does it. Of course the left, being the typical leftists, will want something for free. Its the Democratic way right?
    As is often the case you are either intentionally not responding to the debate or you are unable to understand the debate. Nothing to do with your tired "left vs right" posts.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,970

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    You are not comprehending the issue here. The thread is not about the purpose of the wall.
    So far in this thread, we have identified several ways in which the wall will be paid for :

    1) Use of prison labor,

    2) Taxing money sent to Mexico,

    3) Reducing the financial (and human) impact of the Drug Trade.

    You are looking at this issue microscopically, and not comprehensively. Agenda?

  3. #18
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,996

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    As is often the case you are either intentionally not responding to the debate or you are unable to understand the debate. Nothing to do with your tired "left vs right" posts.
    Not able to understand it. Your high intellect is so far superior to us low level posters I am just excited that you acknowledge me/us occasionally. But in my low level IQ best try, seems I said looks like Trump is going to make the good/bad citizens of the USA pay for it. I said I will be glad to pay my part and gleefully watch you, the king of BGP have to pay your share and laugh at you while you are doing it. Better?

  4. #19
    StrongSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Birds Nest
    Posts
    1,263

    I think what Clyde is trying to get at here is that Trump isn't going to go about paying for the wall as he had claimed so many times throughout his campaign.

  5. #20
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,996

    Quote Originally Posted by StrongSide View Post
    I think what Clyde is trying to get at here is that Trump isn't going to go about paying for the wall as he had claimed so many times throughout his campaign.
    I agree with Clyde on that. What I dont agree with Clyde is the way he talks down to people, which one day will cause him some serious problems.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,546

    The point of the thread is to point out an untruth spoken by someone running for office. I guess this is the first time that's ever happened. I knew it was spin, didn't care. It happens all the time. Remember these?

    The stimulus plan has shovel ready jobs.

    If you like you plan you can keep your plan.

    American people with coverage will pay less under my plan.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    I agree with Clyde on that. What I dont agree with Clyde is the way he talks down to people, which one day will cause him some serious problems.
    Not talking down at all. Trying to keep this on track and not let traditional posters get us off track.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    The point of the thread is to point out an untruth spoken by someone running for office. I guess this is the first time that's ever happened. I knew it was spin, didn't care. It happens all the time. Remember these?

    The stimulus plan has shovel ready jobs.

    If you like you plan you can keep your plan.

    American people with coverage will pay less under my plan.
    Right on all points (other than first time ever).

    But Candidate Trump was "different." He wasn't "from Washington."

  9. #24
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,996

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    As is often the case you are either intentionally not responding to the debate or you are unable to understand the debate. Nothing to do with your tired "left vs right" posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Not talking down at all. Trying to keep this on track and not let traditional posters get us off track.
    I guess my definition is different than yours. Carry on, but lets just ignore each other from now on. I wont respond to you, you dont respond to me. That seems to be a trend.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    I guess my definition is different than yours. Carry on, but lets just ignore each other from now on. I wont respond to you, you dont respond to me. That seems to be a trend.
    If you don't want me to respond you'd better not post.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,546

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Right on all points (other than first time ever).
    Trump said what he said to get elected, just like Obama said what he said to get elected. It is what it is. I have neither the time nor the inclination to go back and look but I'll bet you never tried to start a Socratic lesson to get reactions form people that voted for Obama when his untruths were demonstrated.

    Just to be perfectly clear I'm still ecstatic that Hillary lost.

  12. #27
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,996

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    Trump said what he said to get elected, just like Obama said what he said to get elected. It is what it is. I have neither the time nor the inclination to go back and look but I'll bet you never tried to start a Socratic lesson to get reactions form people that voted for Obama when his untruths were demonstrated.

    Just to be perfectly clear I'm still ecstatic that Hillary lost.
    Great day in America was November 8th. #MAGA

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    7,325

    I don't think how he says he's going to pay for it even matters. I'm betting that wall never even gets built.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,970

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    As is often the case you are either intentionally not responding to the debate or you are unable to understand the debate. Nothing to do with your tired "left vs right" posts.
    When you used CNN as a topic reference, you made it a left vs right issue. Most on the right view CNN as a tabloid news organization driven by liberal ideology.

  15. #30
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    46,033

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    "I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I'll build them very inexpensively — I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

    Words marked.
    It's hilarious to me how many people believed him. Like, literally makes me laugh.

Top