Trump and Putin meeting

  1. #1
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,203

    Trump and Putin meeting

    The narrative on how this meeting went seems to be jumbled.

    Trump downplays who actually hacked our election in his speech and tweets prior to the G20.
    Trump camp then said he pressed Putin hard on the election hacking and didn't accept his denial.

    Putin says Trump accepted his denial.


    Trump and Putin says sanctions weren't mentioned. Tillerson said they were.

    Trump says the US is going to partner with Russia on cyber security via tweet.
    Meanwhile Nikki Haley was just on State of the Union saying Russia was guilty of meddling in our elections and the will never be our friends.



    I suddenly feel like POTUS in a meeting about a healthcare bill.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,584

    I think the meeting went very well and I'm glad we have a president who can work with Russia and not back down to them.

  3. #3
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,203

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    I think the meeting went very well and I'm glad we have a president who can work with Russia and not back down to them.
    He wants to lift sanctions and blur the Russian responsibility of election meddling to Americans. How is that not backing down? Seems the very definition of wavering.

  4. #4
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,584

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    He wants to lift sanctions and blur the Russian responsibility of election meddling to Americans. How is that not backing down? Seems the very definition of wavering.
    What is election meddling?

    Did the Russian hack voter booths? No

    I'm assuming since CNN had to fire a few for fake news on Russian meddling then it's not to true.

    If anything the Dems were exposed for who they were and what they were saying.

    Russia didn't make Comey investigate Hillary Emails.

    Russia didn't make anyone vote for Trump.

  5. #5
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,725

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    He wants to lift sanctions and blur the Russian responsibility of election meddling to Americans. How is that not backing down? Seems the very definition of wavering.
    Some could argue that the Mexican President and Canadian Prime Minister also tried to influence the election.

    If Russia had called the DNC and said we have hacked the RNC and here is thier dirt, do you think they would have welcomed it?

    I still don't know what the Russians actually did that is considered meddling, after all just last summer around this time President Obama assured us there was no outside influences on our election process.

    This is like getting caught stealing out of your mom's purse and younget punished, but you keep blaming all your troubles on your little brother for telling on you.

  6. #6
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,203

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Some could argue that the Mexican President and Canadian Prime Minister also tried to influence the election.

    If Russia had called the DNC and said we have hacked the RNC and here is thier dirt, do you think they would have welcomed it?

    I still don't know what the Russians actually did that is considered meddling, after all just last summer around this time President Obama assured us there was no outside influences on our election process.

    This is like getting caught stealing out of your mom's purse and younget punished, but you keep blaming all your troubles on your little brother for telling on you.
    I imagine it will be completely fleshed out soon enough.

  7. #7
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,584

    Some could also Obama was meddling in the Israel election, but he actually did.

  8. #8
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,203

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Some could also Obama was meddling in the Israel election, but he actually did.
    Because we have done it we should allow it?
    Not the sentiment I expect from you, ref.

    Heck, I'm an ole bleeding heart liberal and don't see things that way.

  9. #9
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,584

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    Because we have done it we should allow it?
    Not the sentiment I expect from you, ref.

    Heck, I'm an ole bleeding heart liberal and don't see things that way.
    Obama actually was outspoken on the Israel election.

    I never heard or saw where Putin said a word.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,933

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    He wants to lift sanctions and blur the Russian responsibility of election meddling to Americans. How is that not backing down? Seems the very definition of wavering.
    What election meddling? Cite sources please!

  11. #11
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,584

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    What election meddling? Cite sources please!
    Hahahahaha

    You will be waiting awhile.

  12. #12
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,203

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    What election meddling? Cite sources please!
    https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...-2016-1229.pdf

  13. #13
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    57,451

    Apparently, the new definition of awhile is four minutes.

  14. #14
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,764

    I wish Trump had more of Reagan in him when it comes to Russia. I don't trust a single thing Russia or Putin says.

  15. #15
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,203

    I imagine there will be more when Mueller is done.

Top