Trump and Putin meeting

Page 5 of The narrative on how this meeting went seems to be jumbled. Trump downplays who actually hacked our election in his speech and tweets prior to the G20.... 70 comments | 1596 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,072

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I'm talking about the DNC getting outed for all of their shady dealings...nobody was concerned where the information came from when Bush secrets were revealed by WikiLeaks, not concern about them being illegally obtained. All that we heard was thankfully the truth came out When the DNC is caught rigging their own primaries, caught making racist and anti semantic comments in emails...all that matters is by who and how it was obtained.

    There were Facebook accounts and Twitter accounts spewing as many untruths about Trump as there were spewing whatever about Clinton. Don't forget also the MSM was trying their best to counter the info coming out from the DNC and posting their own false information. Facebook and especially Twitter was so Pro Clinton that many thought that's why she'd win in a romp...they saw this over whelming internet presence and thought it would translate into a romp on election day.
    Were those anti-Trump accounts controlled by a foreign govt?

    Hardly equal:
    Fake news could prove vexing in Mueller probe - POLITICO

    "In the weeks and months before the election, fake anti-Clinton headlines such as “Wikileaks CONFIRMS Hillary Sold Weapons to ISIS” and “FBI Agent Suspected in Hillary Email Leaks Found Dead in Apparent Murder-Suicide” proliferated, as did pro-Trump headlines including “Pope Francis Shocks World, Endorses Donald Trump for President.”

    By a 5-to-1 margin, pro-Trump automated Twitter activity outnumbered similar accounts for Clinton in the days leading up to the November election, according to a post-election analysis by Philip Howard, a professor at the Oxford Internet Institute. Another study, by researchers from the University of Oxford and the University of Pennsylvania, found that the biggest cluster of Trump-minded bots was nearly four times larger than any mechanisms pumping up Clinton."
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    41,003

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    Were those anti-Trump accounts controlled by a foreign govt?

    Hardly equal:
    Fake news could prove vexing in Mueller probe - POLITICO

    "In the weeks and months before the election, fake anti-Clinton headlines such as “Wikileaks CONFIRMS Hillary Sold Weapons to ISIS” and “FBI Agent Suspected in Hillary Email Leaks Found Dead in Apparent Murder-Suicide” proliferated, as did pro-Trump headlines including “Pope Francis Shocks World, Endorses Donald Trump for President.”

    By a 5-to-1 margin, pro-Trump automated Twitter activity outnumbered similar accounts for Clinton in the days leading up to the November election, according to a post-election analysis by Philip Howard, a professor at the Oxford Internet Institute. Another study, by researchers from the University of Oxford and the University of Pennsylvania, found that the biggest cluster of Trump-minded bots was nearly four times larger than any mechanisms pumping up Clinton."
    Were these by a foreign country or maybe by far right websites hoping to take Clinton down.

    Clinton, President Obama, the Press, the DNC, you and everyone else thought she had the election won heading into those last few days...that could be why there was so much less activity from the Clinton side. After all they were so confident that they didn't even go to rust belt swing states (the ones that cost her the election ), I guess they were too busy buying fireworks.

    Those crazy headlines were just that, crazy! No one believed the Pope was supporting Trump and even proven left leaning SNOPES said the "Clinton sells weapons to ISIS" was partially true in that she admitted ISIS would benefit from weapons being sold to Libya that she approved.

  3. #63
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,074

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    I didn't know it was such a bad thing to have faith or hope in someone.
    Like Obama?

  4. #64
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,143

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Some could argue that the Mexican President and Canadian Prime Minister also tried to influence the election.

    If Russia had called the DNC and said we have hacked the RNC and here is thier dirt, do you think they would have welcomed it?

    I still don't know what the Russians actually did that is considered meddling, after all just last summer around this time President Obama assured us there was no outside influences on our election process.

    This is like getting caught stealing out of your mom's purse and younget punished, but you keep blaming all your troubles on your little brother for telling on you.
    A member of our supreme court tried ti influence the election as well, right?

  5. #65
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,143

    Ill give liberals credit, they got people to basically ignore or forget what was exposed , and attack HOW it was exposed. Smart to distract from everything that was released.

  6. #66
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,143

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Do you really believe that?
    I know it isn't saying much, but he is better for our country than the other options in November.

    This was the year for Libertarians to make some noise but they elected an idiot.

  7. #67
    Habib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Buy the ticket, take the ride
    Posts
    11,996

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    Ill give liberals credit, they got people to basically ignore or forget what was exposed , and attack HOW it was exposed. Smart to distract from everything that was released.
    We've had umpteen threads on the Wikileaks releases on here. And I'm afraid outside of the DNC's unsurprising favoritism towards Clinton, the rest of the 50,000 other emails were fairly banal, which is why they had to be transformed into nonsense conspiracy theories like "Pizzagate."

  8. #68
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,072

    Russia Sanctions Bill Stalled in House Amid Trump Objections - Bloomberg
    Russia Sanctions Bill Stalled in House Amid Trump Objections

    I'll be danged...seems like Putin is having some success.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    15,949

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    A member of our supreme court tried ti influence the election as well, right?
    I know it's not really related to these events, but I recall with the Supreme Court did influence an election. 2000

    Whether for better or not, correct interpretation or not; they did influence that one.

  10. #70
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Every atom in our bodies came from a star that exploded. The atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. We are all stardust."
    Posts
    7,004

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    Russia Sanctions Bill Stalled in House Amid Trump Objections - Bloomberg
    Russia Sanctions Bill Stalled in House Amid Trump Objections

    I'll be danged...seems like Putin is having some success.
    Reagan rolls over in grave...

  11. #71
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,143

    Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    We've had umpteen threads on the Wikileaks releases on here. And I'm afraid outside of the DNC's unsurprising favoritism towards Clinton, the rest of the 50,000 other emails were fairly banal, which is why they had to be transformed into nonsense conspiracy theories like "Pizzagate."
    I thought they revealed quite a bit and displayed exactly why she was a terrible choice and would have been an awful president.

Top