The Most Disturbing Exit Poll Data Coming Out of New Hampshire !!!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    The Most Disturbing Exit Poll Data Coming Out of New Hampshire !!!

    You may disagree, but I believe this "Trumps" everything else that falls in the "disturbing" category:

    Nearly two-thirds(64%) of Republican voters polled said that they agree with Trump's ban on Muslims entering the country. Folks, almost two out of three Republicans exit polled in NH said they favor banning anyone belonging to an entire religion from entering the country. Now, you all know I am not in love with religion, but I find it scary as hell that two out of three people from one of our two major parties wants to ban anyone who says they are followers of Islam. I fear the slippery slope that this could take us down.

    Am I overreacting to something that shouldn't be of concern? Anyone else bothered by this?
    Maybe its Arabs, in general, or Asians, or Mexicans next time around. Maybe its anyone who doesn't like tall buildings or big walls. Maybe anyone under five feet tall. Maybe its socialists like me or Bern. Maybe the next restriction is, well .... YOU !
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,291

    It's mind-boggling disturbing.

    Of course, the voting public is mostly made up of complete idiots so it doesn't really surprise me that many feel that way.

  3. #3
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    First, I'd like to know exactly how the question was asked. Color me suspicious that it was not as straightforward as the premise suggests.

  4. #4
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,608

    First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Socialist.

    Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Jew.

    Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

  5. #5
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Socialist.

    Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Jew.

    Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
    Gonna have to change the parameters soon.

  6. #6
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,320

    I think this is born out of fear of instances like 9/11, Chattanooga, Ft. Hood, San Bernadino, etc.

    To some extent it is a rational fear. We have been attacked in this country by extremists doing it in the name of Allah. Like it or not, that is the truth.

    I see no reason to ban all immigrants of a certain religion. ALL immigrants need to come here legally and be vetted completely. As far as refugees, there needs to be a cap put on the number we take and they need to be vetted stringently if they are coming from ISIS held areas. We don't need repeats of what is happening in Europe.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    It's mind-boggling disturbing.

    Of course, the voting public is mostly made up of complete idiots so it doesn't really surprise me that many feel that way.
    Sadly, that is very true.

  8. #8
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    43,846

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    First, I'd like to know exactly how the question was asked. Color me suspicious that it was not as straightforward as the premise suggests.
    To be clear, I am staunchly against Donald Trump and against his notion of banning Muslims from entering the US. However, Mr. Friction has left out a VERY important word in his original post, and that word is "temporary"...as in "a temporary ban".

    All news agencies I've found coverage on this story from are referring back to what appears to be an original article posted by ABC News, who appears to have conducted the exit poll. Their report said "Two-thirds said they support Trump’s proposal to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the country."

    Live New Hampshire Primary Exit Poll Analysis: How Trump And Sanders Won - ABC News

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    1,708

    The number of likely democratic voters who support this ban is running between 30-45%. Gaining traction?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    4,143

    I'm trying not to over-react to every single-state election. We'll know much more about the national mood in three weeks, after 14 states vote in the March 1 Super Tuesday. Having said that, this election definitely is different than anything I've seen in my lengthy lifetime.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Link to source?

  12. #12
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    43,846

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    Link to source?
    This is the best I could find...


    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    To be clear, I am staunchly against Donald Trump and against his notion of banning Muslims from entering the US. However, Mr. Friction has left out a VERY important word in his original post, and that word is "temporary"...as in "a temporary ban".

    All news agencies I've found coverage on this story from are referring back to what appears to be an original article posted by ABC News, who appears to have conducted the exit poll. Their report said "Two-thirds said they support Trump’s proposal to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the country."

    Live New Hampshire Primary Exit Poll Analysis: How Trump And Sanders Won - ABC News

  13. #13
    MayfieldFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    1,105

    My two cents, which will offend everyone.

    Islam is full of bad ideas. There is a reason why that group which I now refuse to say its name gets so many recruits. The reason resides in the bad ideas to which they subscribe. I support every person's right to believe whatever, but reserve at the same time my right to say "that is a bad belief."

    I think it is essential that we exercise this right. We can't kill all the terrorists. Hell, we can't even identify them all. We should kill the ones we can, but in the long run, it is not a solution. We have been killing terrorists for a good long while now, and look where we are. We have to force the collision between these bad ideas and our way of life. There was recently a story about some factory where the Muslims were demanding time off to pray during the work hours. This is the perfect opportunity to force the collision.

    Unfortunately, and this is where I will lose many readers lol, Christianity has paved the way for Islam. The constant and never-ending encroachment upon our principle of separation of church and state is the wedge the Muslims can and are using. If Christians don't have to bake cakes, or sign licenses, or refrain from prayer groups in schools, then why should not Muslim Americans enjoy the same?

    And if you say that it's because we are a Christian majority, you miss. Badly. Essentially telling them, we got the right god and you don't. It may be persuasive to the speaker, but it wont be persuasive to the listener. Telling Muslims they have the wrong god won't work with them any more than it would to tell a Christian the same. But dedicating ourselves to a society that allows all religions, but endorses none, will force them to choose.

    My two cents.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    1,192

    Didn't a top US Intelligence official just issue a report that it was highly likely that ISIS would attempt to attack the US Homeland in 2016, by means of infiltrating the mass immigration to the US/ European countries?

    "Clapper warned that ISIS and its eight branches were the No. 1 terrorist threat, and that it was using the refugee exodus from violence in Iraq and Syria to hide among innocent civilians in order to reach other countries."

    Intelligence official: ISIS to attempt US attacks in 2016 - CNNPolitics.com

    I'm not convinced a temporary ban on immigrants from that region is necessarily a bad thing.

  15. #15
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,964

    If "temporary" was used, it is in no way the same question.

Top