The firing of FBI Director James Comey - What is each side saying?

Page 20 of Pro Fire Comey Incompetent, Usurped the Justice Department's Authority more than once, Can't get his fact straight in front of Congress, Democrats call... 304 comments | 5473 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #286
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,780

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Same reason I had, but I adapted and overcame.
    What can I say? You're a better man than I.
    Advertisement

  2. #287

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Spicer was asked multiple times if POTUS records conversations in the Oval Office. He said he would not comment.

  3. #288
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,802

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Spicer was asked multiple times if POTUS records conversations in the Oval Office. He said he would not comment.
    Who was that other President that taped conversations?

  4. #289

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    16,209

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Who was that other President that taped conversations?
    All of them have but one was obsessed.

  5. #290
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,802

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    All of them have but one was obsessed.
    Correct.

  6. #291

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Who was that other President that taped conversations?
    I read that there is something called the Presidential Records Act which requires all recordings to be preserved.

  7. #292
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,759

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Did you just say that in your best Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge voice?

    Cause that's how I heard it.
    Not only that, I was looking out for The Swede at the same time.

  8. #293

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    WSJ reporting that Manafort's bank records of former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort. For months there has been speculation about some real estate transactions conduced by Manafort.

    The report does not say which transactions the Justice Dept is looking at.

  9. #294
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,759

    @Clyde - What do you think about Comey declining to testify?

    James Comey rejects invitation to testify before Senate Intelligence Committee

  10. #295

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    @Clyde - What do you think about Comey declining to testify?

    James Comey rejects invitation to testify before Senate Intelligence Committee
    I didn't read the link but I read earlier he wants to let this die down a bit before he testifies. He'll testify at some point.

  11. #296

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,237

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    @Clyde - What do you think about Comey declining to testify?

    James Comey rejects invitation to testify before Senate Intelligence Committee
    I also read that he wants his testimony to be public and not behind closed doors.

  12. #297
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,694

    I will say this about Comey. I truly believe he did all the things he did in an effort to do his job to the best of his ability. I don't believe he was trying to be political or manipulative and was not making decisions to favor one side or the other. He always thought he was doing the right thing.

  13. #298
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,759

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I also read that he wants his testimony to be public and not behind closed doors.
    I would be extremely happy if Comey testifies in Public.

  14. #299
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,759

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I will say this about Comey. I truly believe he did all the things he did in an effort to do his job to the best of his ability. I don't believe he was trying to be political or manipulative and was not making decisions to favor one side or the other. He always thought he was doing the right thing.
    I want to believe that so bad but he was way over the line.

  15. #300
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,694

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I want to believe that so bad but he was way over the line.
    Question I posed earlier and I am hoping you can answer ... when you conduct an investigation, do you always present the evidence to the prosecutor for them to decide whether to prosecute? What percent of the time do you take the case to the prosecutor and how do you decide when and when not to do so?

Top