Since Healthcare Costs Are A Concern for the Military...

Page 15 of "By contrast, total military spending on erectile dysfunction medicines amounts to \\$84 million annually, according to an analysis by the Military ... 219 comments | 4536 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #211
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,750

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Was I communicating with the people I said that about? Nice try though.
    Actually, by looking at the posts here, yes you are. Besides, if I said something derogatory about your family, wouldn't you be insulted?
    Advertisement

  2. #212
    Theoldguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    14,389

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I'm all for learning. I'll never be in a position where it will be acceptable to stop learning. However, it's always been a pet peeve of mine being preached at, that's not Jesse's fault. My post was the result of my own distaste for it, not Jesse personally.

    All is good but:
    What you think is preaching is what he thinks is teaching. Strange how words, almost spelled the same, (PR) or (T) eaching can be taking so differently by two people.

  3. #213

    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    The City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    2,150

    As written, I assume Jesse was long-quoting the bible. Similarly assumed Deuce called that "preaching." If those assumptions are correct, not sure there is any way you can avoid labeling it as "preaching." Maybe I am missing something.

  4. #214
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    70,907

    The religious spin on this is pretty impressive.

  5. #215
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,819

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    I think Jesse is sharing truth and I applaud him for it.

    But I also disagree with Jesse because I'm trying to find a place in our nation's history when the warning of the Timothy Epistle wasn't true in any era. The difference was the sins were probably different but they were still the sins that Paul speaks of.
    Sin in 1900 is still sin today and will be sin in 2060. I was actually not preaching, just sharing some good Biblical truth, which will divide.

    Ive said many many times, the Bible is a divider. It will force you to make choices every time you come in contact with the Word. From the first time you ever understand what it is, you have to decide at that point where you believe it or not, or to what degree( might as well not believe it at all as to take just parts), whether you believe Jesus and whether you chose to follow it. It divides light from darkness, Holy and Righteousness from Sin and Corruptness of the soul. Now that might be preaching. But I will be quiet but this is deep inside me and it comes out sometimes and I just cant contain.

  6. #216

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    16,195

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Sin in 1900 is still sin today and will be sin in 2060. I was actually not preaching, just sharing some good Biblical truth, which will divide.

    Ive said many many times, the Bible is a divider. It will force you to make choices every time you come in contact with the Word. From the first time you ever understand what it is, you have to decide at that point where you believe it or not, or to what degree( might as well not believe it at all as to take just parts), whether you believe Jesus and whether you chose to follow it. It divides light from darkness, Holy and Righteousness from Sin and Corruptness of the soul. Now that might be preaching. But I will be quiet but this is deep inside me and it comes out sometimes and I just cant contain.
    Never argued sin wasn't the same over time.

    Just pointing out that I can't find the mythical time over 2,000 years when Paul's warning was any less applicable then as now.

  7. #217
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,819

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Never argued sin wasn't the same over time.

    Just pointing out that I can't find the mythical time over 2,000 years when Paul's warning was any less applicable then as now.
    Agree to some point. But this is not the place to discuss this. I have high jacked the thread and its on me so I am going to get out of this one so it can continue as planned.

  8. #218
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Actually, by looking at the posts here, yes you are. Besides, if I said something derogatory about your family, wouldn't you be insulted?
    I call my family out for their obvious prejudices, so no, not necessarily.

  9. #219
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    28,764

    I've read through this whole thread and the entire time I kept thinking...


  10. #220
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    57,451

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Agree to some point. But this is not the place to discuss this. I have high jacked the thread and its on me so I am going to get out of this one so it can continue as planned.
    Thank you, JJ.

Top