SCOTUS Nomination Battle

Page 11 of Originally Posted by Twotoplace Should be an opportunity for more Roberts arm-twisting and agenda-setting now. Neither of the other two far-right justi... 266 comments | 8203 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #151
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    43,778

    From a law review article written by Mitch McConnell in 1970. Seems fairly interesting.

    (It's on page 68 if you want to read the entire thing HERE. Habib, I'm looking in your direction here...you always seem to be a 'I want to see it in long form' kind of cat )

    Name:  CbRMpOpWAAAGovk.png
Views: 106
Size:  313.8 KB
    Advertisement

  2. #152

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Are you Liberals going to be happy when Obama or Jarrett nominate someone who.

    Will try to take gun rights away
    Be against Christianity
    Full force for abortion (morally wrong)
    For illegal immigration as to allow us to pay more welfare,food,housing,medical

    This is what we have coming at us.

  3. #153
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    13,792

    I think that Loretta Lynn would be a great choice...

    She's patriotic, and a mighty fine singer as well.

    What's not to love about her?


  4. #154
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,574

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    From a law review article written by Mitch McConnell in 1970. Seems fairly interesting.

    (It's on page 68 if you want to read the entire thing HERE. Habib, I'm looking in your direction here...you always seem to be a 'I want to see it in long form' kind of cat )

    Name:  CbRMpOpWAAAGovk.png
Views: 106
Size:  313.8 KB
    Say it ain't so. Mitch wrote this? Ah, the halcyon days of youth.

  5. #155
    BlueTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,182

    That was pre-Bork

  6. #156

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    The Dems changed the game when they torpedoed Bork.

  7. #157
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,855

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Are you Liberals going to be happy when Obama or Jarrett nominate someone who. Will try to take gun rights away Be against Christianity Full force for abortion (morally wrong) For illegal immigration as to allow us to pay more welfare,food,housing,medical This is what we have coming at us.
    I mean it's not all that different from today.

  8. #158
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,773

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    I mean it's not all that different from today.
    I am glad you said it, JA. That's under a conservative court.

    Some of that listed is hyperbole though.
    Against Chrisitianity is overstated...among other things.

  9. #159
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Ohio vs. the world!
    Posts
    23,855

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    I am glad you said it, JA. That's under a conservative court. Some of that listed is hyperbole though. Against Chrisitianity is overstated...among other things.
    No it's you liberals trying to change America. The liberal agenda is many items he listed.

  10. #160
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,773

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    No it's you liberals trying to change America. The liberal agenda is many items he listed.
    America is always changing. It has changed since its inception. To say that today's changes are wrong is myopic. Those who change the state of our great country are those who are being left out starting way back when only landowners could vote in elections.

  11. #161
    BlueTip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,182

    The Republicrats are at it again.

    If the roles were reversed, the arguments would be too.

    When it comes to politics, the shoe always ends up on the other foot.

    Schumer: Don't use my 2007 speech to justify blocking Obama nominee | Washington Examiner

  12. #162

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTip View Post
    That was pre-Bork

    Wonder if Trump would have caught as much heck if he had said Hillary got "borked" by Obama instead of the "S" word he used?

  13. #163

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    I wonder if Clarence Thomas likes hunting?

  14. #164
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    13,792

    Oooppss... Just realized that it was Loretta Lynch, and not Loretta Lynn...


  15. #165
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,574

    Violins on television.

Top