Question--What do Republicans need to see before they change their minds?

Page 8 of Seriously-- those of you on the right -- what do you need to see that will change your mind about the current President? There is a ton of gunslinging ... 111 comments | 2994 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,294

    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ball-fan View Post
    I guess that you missed the part where I said that it was a response to the Right and their blatant bull crap lies and short memories, and trying to slight-of-hand rewrite history in broad daylight.

    That sorta was an important point.

    The Left would not have had to step forward with these reminders if the Right hadn't tried to pull a fast one with their deceitful spinning of reality.

    And just like a good steward of the Right's spin game, right on cue you tried to do it here with a misrepresentation of the point that I was making.

    If you must play that game, has it ever occurred to you that you spend more time trying to sweep reality under the rug than you do to add credible truth to the dialogue?
    I disagree with your lies that the rRight forced President Obama to blame everything on President Bush. That isn't spinning anything. The Left did that.
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    10,898

    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    I disagree with your lies that the rRight forced President Obama to blame everything on President Bush. That isn't spinning anything. The Left did that.
    - Bush left the office with the country in financial ruin.

    Deny this.

    - Obama inherited an office in financial ruin.

    Deny this.

    - The Right immediately blamed this on Obama.

    Deny this.

    - The Left had to remind the Right what condition the country was in when Obama took office, and to give the man a few seconds to establish himself.

    Deny this.

    - The Right spent 8 years blaming everything imaginable on Obama. Their obsession with it couldn't escape any normal conversation on just about anything to the point of being pathologically ridiculous.

    Deny this

    - The country rebounded sufficiently under Obama's watch.

    Deny this.

    - The Right would take no part and acknowledging this, and continue to this day to try to make it sound like the Left blamed everything on Bush without a gravely incorrect narrative being pushed by the Right to warrant a response that was intended to refresh their short and selective memories.

    Deny this.

  3. #108
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    28,758

    Just judging by what I've seen in my FB feed since the election, I've not witnessed as much vitriol during Obama's 2 terms as I have under Trump. I can honestly say some of my liberal friends at times appear to have thrown civility out the window. Others just can't seem to cope. I see a bit of that in here as well. Luckily there are still many liberal friends here and on FB that are handling things just fine. I wish they'd rub off on the others.

  4. #109
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    10,898

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Just judging by what I've seen in my FB feed since the election, I've not witnessed as much vitriol during Obama's 2 terms as I have under Trump. I can honestly say some of my liberal friends at times appear to have thrown civility out the window. Others just can't seem to cope. I see a bit of that in here as well. Luckily there are still many liberal friends here and on FB that are handling things just fine. I wish they'd rub off on the others.
    Regarding what you are referring to, here's how I addressed this in post #101 of this thread.

    Whether or not you agree with it at least know that this is where the Left is coming from, and why.

    Though it was met with resistance and setbacks, during the Obama years this country at least had a leader with a peaceful spirit aiming to have our society gain ground in a more fair, all inclusive, diverse, open minded way, but the largely white Right, who's never been too keen on the idea of sharing this land with real open minded fairness, felt themselves losing grip on their once almighty stranglehold where the slogan "Make America Great Again" translated to them as "Make America White Again", while the other half of this country had felt that we had come too far to just have to go back to what we've been trying to distance ourselves from for many many years.

    Donald Trump's arrival is an all too real symbolism that what our society has strived to become has been given the green light to take multiple disturbing steps backward, and the large outcry you hear from those you might refer to as cry baby snowflakes sore losers, are the vast millions of the other half of this country who very much sincerely have grave concerns that boy-oh-boy our country has really screwed up this time in a way never before seen, and it's tremendously hard to swallow that just as there are many who aim to continue to advance as a society, there are just as many who would rather not, or at least have a very different definition about just what advancing means.

    When people say that the Right has never reacted like this as the Left has, that's because no matter what bull crap narratives they continued to spin regarding Obama, though not perfect, he was not the abrasive, divisional, controversial, unqualified, classless loose cannon nut job that our present POTUS is, so there's just no way to equally and fairly compare the reactions.

  5. #110
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    28,758

    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ball-fan View Post
    Regarding what you are referring to, here's how I addressed this in post #101 of this thread.

    Whether or not you agree with it at least know that this is where the Left is coming from, and why.

    Though it was met with resistance and setbacks, during the Obama years this country at least had a leader with a peaceful spirit aiming to have our society gain ground in a more fair, all inclusive, diverse, open minded way, but the largely white Right, who's never been too keen on the idea of sharing this land with real open minded fairness, felt themselves losing grip on their once almighty stranglehold where the slogan "Make America Great Again" translated to them as "Make America White Again", while the other half of this country had felt that we had come too far to just have to go back to what we've been trying to distance ourselves from for many many years.

    Donald Trump's arrival is an all too real symbolism that what our society has strived to become has been given the green light to take multiple disturbing steps backward, and the large outcry you hear from those you might refer to as cry baby snowflakes sore losers, are the vast millions of the other half of this country who very much sincerely have grave concerns that boy-oh-boy our country has really screwed up this time in a way never before seen, and it's tremendously hard to swallow that just as there are many who aim to continue to advance as a society, there are just as many who would rather not, or at least have a very different definition about just what advancing means.

    When people say that the Right has never reacted like this as the Left has, that's because no matter what bull crap narratives they continued to spin regarding Obama, though not perfect, he was not the abrasive, divisional, controversial, unqualified, classless loose cannon nut job that our present POTUS is, so there's just no way to equally and fairly compare the reactions.
    I'm not an Obama fan, that's without doubt. I'll agree that he came off more presidential but that's about where it ends for me. He was the king of pointing fingers, I felt he did more to divide this country then to try to unite. I felt he was woefully in over his head, as isTrump. He ruined Healthcare instead of improving it, granted it was in a downward spiral to begin with but what he did made it much worse. And that's really all he had to hang his hat on, a failed attempt at a poor health care bill. He often engaged in things he shouldn't have. Sound familiar?
    While I'm no fan of Trrump and didn't vote for him I'm still glad we got him instead of the alternative because I truly believe we would have been much worse off with her at the helm. That said, I'm betting I would not have seen the hateful attacks that I've seen on Facebook. The stuff I see in my feed daily is juvenile, hateful, spiteful and downright pathetic at times. For all the dislike that my conservative friends had for Obama I never saw that level of vitriol. The funny thing about it is it hasn't even been eight months yet. 8 months that has already surpassed the previous eight years and just Facebook alone. 8 months of continuous attacks by the media. The whole "not my president" garbage continues daily. Let's stop pretending like the left is so righteous when it's clearly not. I'm not saying those on the right are innocent or that some didn't attack Obama because they did. I'm just telling you that what I see on a daily basis has been far worse in eight months then I saw in 8 years. The meltdown I have witnessed is truly a phenomenon like I've never seen before and hope to never see again.

  6. #111
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,544

    There were some violations in this thread so we closed it. Here are the enhanced rules for this Forum and I bolded a few to pay close attention to:

    PLEASE READ before posting in this Forum

    If any Member violates our Terms of Service in the Political Forum they will be banned from the Political Forum for 30 days. In other words, there will not be any warnings in the Political Forum. Additionally, the Member may be banned entirely from BGP and will have to follow the reinstatement process. If/when a member reinstated to the Forum as a whole, the Member will still be banned from the Political Forum for 30 Days. If anyone sees any violations of our TOS in the Political Forum please report the violations because non-reported violations will not be a defense to reported violations that result in suspension. The bottom line is every BGP Member is 100% Personally Responsible for following all of our TOS in the Political Forum or the Member will be banned from that Forum for 30 days.

    Additional Guidelines for Posting in the Political Forum are as follows:

    1. No name calling or use of nicknames, whether or not those nicknames are used in a derogatory manner. Members are to be referred to using only their actual usernames, just as politicians, political parties, and special interest groups are to be referred to only by their given names.

    2. No personal attacks of any kind. Keep discussion on the topic at hand.

    3. No memes posted just to inflame, tr0ll, or gaslight without meaningful discussion.

    4. No posting of threads, just to inflame, tr0ll, or gaslight without meaningful discussion.

    It is our hope that we can have conversations, healthy debate, and cordial discourse about the political issues that are important to many of us. As a staff, we are encouraged that we can reach a level of civility in this forum that will allow it to remain open and available. However, we will not allow the Political Forum to get to the point that we can't treat one another with respect with regard to our opinions.

  7. #112
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,544

    Also, while I have everyone's attention, the bolded part of Rule 2 below has resulted in several Suspensions from this Forum:

    2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. tr0lling or gaslighting). Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" of high school athletes is prohibited. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule. If you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report Post" feature which is located under the username in every post.

Top