Question--What do Republicans need to see before they change their minds?

Page 2 of Seriously-- those of you on the right -- what do you need to see that will change your mind about the current President? There is a ton of gunslinging ... 111 comments | 3002 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    14,419

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    I assume then, you have lost at least an equal amount of respect for those on the right for their behavior the previous 8 years?

    The left is doing no favors to itself, to be sure. But lets not act as if the right has spent 8 years of cooperation and openness
    I didn't notice marches throughout the streets nor did I notice anyone getting play dough to cope with this horrible disaster.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    TAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    14,419

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    I'm on the right, but did not vote for Trump because I think he's a blowhard (among other things). I didn't vote for Clinton either, because I think both of them are equally bad for America.

    One of the few things Trump has done that I really like is his nomination of Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. I don't anticipate voting for him in 2020, assuming he runs for re-election.
    You are assuming the Dems don't put another horrible candidate up against him again. Let's face it. many people did not vote for Trump but rather against Clinton.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    1,954

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Change minds in what way...On Russia thing? On voting for him? On not wanting to Make America Great Again? Could you clarify exactly what it is you want people to change their minds about.
    I was broad for a reason ... but if I need to clarify ... lets call it ... "SUPPORT of this President".

    Its obvious that most of you refused to support our last President .. and any/all reasons were good enough to hammer him at every opportunity. Now--the question is being put to you ... you constantly bash Democrats because THEY ARE DOING THE EXACT SAME THING THAT REPUBLICANS DID TO THE LAST PRESIDENT.

    And on the topic of Hillary ... SHE DIDN'T GET ELECTED. My opinion ... neither candidate represents us in the manner that we deserve ... but I have a hard time thinking that 1. Hillary would have been worse. 2. More importantly ... the Right wing radicals would have been a thousand times worse than the left is being right now towards Trump.

    RUSSIA IS NOT OUR FRIEND ... and anyone that is okay with RUSSIA helping either candidate meets my personal definition of being a traitor.

    This deal amazes me .... the great savior Ronald Reagan made pushing back on Russia an art ... NOW the Right is okay with RUSSIA influencing our election? Seriously ... good grief.

  4. #19
    rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    54,708

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    I didn't notice marches throughout the streets nor did I notice anyone getting play dough to cope with this horrible disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by bballfamily View Post
    I did not see demonstrations during Obama's 8 years like I have seen the last 5 months. I did not see property destroyed or Obama's supporters beaten up for wearing a hat that made a reference to Obama.

    If Trump truly did something that violated the law, then he should be held accountable. So far his supporters have seen him support the military, law enforcement, stand up for America and not kow-tow to foreign leaders, he has gotten rid of EPA regulations, gotten our NATO allies to uphold their commitment to pay their share of NATO's expenses, fire VA workers not doing their jobs to aid our veterans and shows respect and love for America.

    He has not gotten everything he said he would do, but he is only 5 months into his term and Congress has to do their job as well. McConnell and Ryan need to get their act together. A good start for Trump, but there is much left to accomplish.
    Again, we all see what we want to see and we forget things we don't feel are important quickly. A quick Google search founder plenty of coverge of incidents dated Nov 2008.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    1,954

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I have no idea what you are asking qs.
    Not a real hard question ... seems like the far right wing ones here are the only ones who are having trouble with the question ....

    SO ... what needs to happen before you will no longer support this President?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    1,954

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I think this is something that a lot of those who are not supporters of this president would like to know. What must you see before you can no longer be supportive of this man leading the country? If it is shown that his campaign colluded with Russia to try to affect the election, will you say he must go?

    Pretty good answer ... I am glad someone realized that every simple question doesn't have to be broken down in 100 smaller questions before it makes sense.

  7. #22
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,765

    Quote Originally Posted by quickslick View Post
    Not a real hard question ... seems like the far right wing ones here are the only ones who are having trouble with the question ....

    SO ... what needs to happen before you will no longer support this President?
    Oh, it wasn't a question, it is a game!

    Why do you propose that anyone should no longer support President Trump?

  8. #23
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,549

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    I disagree, but it's simply because I think we see what we want to see. When it's "our guy", we always think it's worse.

    ***Edited to add: I think the reason we are blind to what happens is because we are doing it ourselves.
    There is probably definitely some of that too.

    I just don't remember stuff every single day from the same people blasting Obama on my social media. Sure I'd see it from time to time. But with Trump its pretty continuous, at least one my feeds.

    Maybe I'm more interested in politics now so I pay a little more attention to what's posted.

    Maybe I don't have as many redneck friends as your and PP92 lol

  9. #24
    rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    54,708

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    There is probably definitely some of that too.

    I just don't remember stuff every single day from the same people blasting Obama on my social media. Sure I'd see it from time to time. But with Trump its pretty continuous, at least one my feeds.

    Maybe I don't have as many redneck friends as your and PP92 lol
    I also invite you to search this forum for the years 2008-2016.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    1,954

    Quote Originally Posted by TAC View Post
    I find it very sad that those on the left can't face the fact that their person lost. Folks need to move on and support their president. I didn't vote for Obama, but he was my president. I've lost a lot of respect for the left side.
    You know what I find sad ... is that you are apparently not a Democrat ... so don't pretend to know what we think. MOST of us weren't real thrilled with Hillary .. BUT we very much felt better about her than someone who appeared in Wrestlemania (and yes .. I know some of you on the right think that makes him more "normal" ... sorry ... he wouldn't pee on your back if you were on fire).

    The whole thought that Democrats can't get over that Hillary lost .... funny ... I haven't heard any of my Democrat friends say anything about Hillary losing except for when republicans say this self serving crap.

    I WILL NEVER BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYONE. This is America ... and it was created with that thought in mind. Just because you are willing to bow down to a person who embarrasses our country on a daily basis ... doesn't mean that I have to.

    A few other things that most Democrats can and will do on a daily basis:
    *Support our military even though our President makes our stomach turn
    *Support law enforcement even though our President makes our stomach turn
    *Help others who are less fortunate -- even though our President and the Right thinks we should throw them away
    *Support the fight against illegal immigration --- even though it is constantly discussed in a manner to where we don't
    *NOT SUPPORT TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH DISGUISED AS A HEALTHCARE PLAN.

    None of that has ANYTHING TO DO WITH HILLARY CLINTON. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH BEING AN AMERICAN WHO CARES DEEPLY ABOUT THIS COUNTRY.

  11. #26
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,549

    Quote Originally Posted by quickslick View Post
    Not a real hard question ... seems like the far right wing ones here are the only ones who are having trouble with the question ....

    SO ... what needs to happen before you will no longer support this President?
    I certainly wouldn't classify very many on BGP members as far anything. One of the reasons its a good place for discussion.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    1,954

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    There is probably definitely some of that too.

    I just don't remember stuff every single day from the same people blasting Obama on my social media. Sure I'd see it from time to time. But with Trump its pretty continuous, at least one my feeds.

    Maybe I'm more interested in politics now so I pay a little more attention to what's posted.

    Maybe I don't have as many redneck friends as your and PP92 lol
    From my point of view ... we haven't sniffed the hatred that the last TWO Presidents have seen (Bush/Obama).

    I have a lot of respect for your answer ... it shows thought and a willingness to put yourself into someone elses shoes. (If we all did that ... politics would probably be a lot easier to swallow ... and a ton more productive).

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    1,954

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I certainly wouldn't classify very many on BGP members as far anything. One of the reasons its a good place for discussion.
    Does that go both ways?

    I think most of the right on here are pretty far right ... just like they will think after today, that I am far left. Doesn't mean its true ... but perception is reality.

    Besides ... anyone who (not you) who says that they could care less if Russia interfered in any of our elections so Hillary doesn't win ... that isn't moderate. Matter of fact ... its bordering on being a traitor.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    1,954

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Oh, it wasn't a question, it is a game!

    Why do you propose that anyone should no longer support President Trump?
    Easy ...
    *He doesn't represent the ideas or the best interest of this country.
    *He has no plan to make things happen (before you blame that on the Democrats---he is the President and it is his job to be savvy enough to unite this country ... which he refuses to do ... matter of fact ... he has waged war on anyone Democrat or Republican, who doesn't agree with his ideas and twitter crap.
    *He is an arrogant, egotistical rich brat who has marketed himself as some type of tycoon/mogul who is more successful than he really is (which is funny since his businesses are a blueprint on how to manipulate the government into proping up his failed business dealings up through constant use of chapter 13 bankrupcy).
    *He constantly blames his mistakes on others---WHICH SHOWS NO LEADERSHIP ABILITY WHAT-SO-EVER.
    *He and the people that he aligns himself with CAN'T relate to the average American (which is true for many/all politicians--but at least they are smart enough to not act like they can all the time).

    Most importantly .... HE TREATS COMMON, EVERYDAY AMERICANS LIKE THEY ARE COMPLETE PIECES OF MORONIC with insults, lies, vulgar behavior. (And if a Democratic President spoke about how stupid republicans are constantly, "fake news", etc ... I would not support them either).

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,940

    Quote Originally Posted by quickslick View Post
    Seriously-- those of you on the right -- what do you need to see that will change your mind about the current President?

    There is a ton of gunslinging from both sides ... but is there anything that could truly ever change your minds? (This would also be a good thread for the other side as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I think this is something that a lot of those who are not supporters of this president would like to know. What must you see before you can no longer be supportive of this man leading the country? If it is shown that his campaign colluded with Russia to try to affect the election, will you say he must go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    What if he and his team colluded with Russia to help him win?
    There is absolutely nothing more blatant and illegal than the meeting between Loretta Lynch and Bill Clinton days before Hillary has to testify. Everything thrown at Trump thus far is simply a propaganda saturation game. The Special Counsel ins't there to prosecute an existing crime, but to find one to prosecute.

    Would it be funny if the dirt the Russians had on Hillary was that she was soliciting contributions from the Russians for access and influence? That is the Clinton Family business! Completely consistent with her (and Bill's) behavior.

    The Left is so unhinged and prepared to turn us into Venezuela , I'd vote for a dog before voting for a democrat!

Top