President Trump Seeking Info On His Ability to Pardon

  1. #1
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    President Trump Seeking Info On His Ability to Pardon

    Trump team seeks to control, block Mueller’s Russia investigation - The Washington Post

    "Some of President Trumpís lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Robert S. Mueller IIIís Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the presidentís authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort.
    Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trumpís lawyers have been discussing the presidentís pardoning powers among themselves.
    Trumpís legal team declined to comment on the issue. But one adviser said the president has simply expressed a curiosity in understanding the reach of his pardoning authority, as well as the limits of Muellerís investigation."
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,790

    "Curiouser and curiouser "

  3. #3
    Habib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Buy the ticket, take the ride
    Posts
    12,130

    "Another potential conflict claim is an allegation that Mueller and Trump National Golf Club in Northern Virginia had a dispute over membership fees when Mueller resigned as a member in 2011, two White House advisers said. A spokesman for Mueller said there was no dispute when Mueller, who was FBI director at the time, left the club."

    This is a delusional level of desperation.

  4. #4
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,790

    Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    "Another potential conflict claim is an allegation that Mueller and Trump National Golf Club in Northern Virginia had a dispute over membership fees when Mueller resigned as a member in 2011, two White House advisers said. A spokesman for Mueller said there was no dispute when Mueller, who was FBI director at the time, left the club."

    This is a delusional level of desperation.
    If Trump dares to play this card, he's gonna triple bogie every hole.

  5. #5
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,673

    Honestly, I don't think anything will be found by Mueller that would jeopardize Trump's presidency. However, Trump's ego, narcissism and machiavellian methods at getting what he wants will be his own undoing if his advisors cannot stand up to him and keep him from self destructing.

  6. #6
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Honestly, I don't think anything will be found by Mueller that would jeopardize Trump's presidency. However, Trump's ego, narcissism and machiavellian methods at getting what he wants will be his own undoing if his advisors cannot stand up to him and keep him from self destructing.
    This is where I am.

  7. #7
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,757

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Honestly, I don't think anything will be found by Mueller that would jeopardize Trump's presidency. However, Trump's ego, narcissism and machiavellian methods at getting what he wants will be his own undoing if his advisors cannot stand up to him and keep him from self destructing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    This is where I am.
    Agreed

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Time and Relaive Dimensions in Space
    Posts
    16,577

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Honestly, I don't think anything will be found by Mueller that would jeopardize Trump's presidency. However, Trump's ego, narcissism and machiavellian methods at getting what he wants will be his own undoing if his advisors cannot stand up to him and keep him from self destructing.
    At this point I agree.

  9. #9
    rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    54,707

    President Trump's biggest challenge is that he isn't used to bring restrained. For good or bad, in the private world he answered to no one. I honestly think it never occurred to him that as POTUS in a representative government you really answer to everyone

  10. #10
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,442

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    President Trump's biggest challenge is that he isn't used to bring restrained. For good or bad, in the private world he answered to no one. I honestly think it never occurred to him that as POTUS in a representative government you really answer to everyone
    Valid point here.

Top