Politics are UGLY!

  1. #1
    Lawnboy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 2.0
    Posts
    44,913

    Politics are UGLY!

    It's a shame the way politics could possibly ruin relationships between members of this site. I for one DON'T care what your political leanings are, you're all still good with me.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,449

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy13 View Post
    It's a shame the way politics could possibly ruin relationships between members of this site. I for one DON'T care what your political leanings are, you're all still good with me.
    Speaking for myself I maintain all of the relationships I have with people that I meet and share a mutual respect with. As much as I disagree with pretty much everything @mountain ref @Jesse James @capt278 @Run To State and @Bluegrasscard have to say politically whenever I see them it is always love and mutual respect. I feel like our friendships and respect go way beyond politics. Politics is ugly for sure but I feel like we are able to see each other for the people we are despite our political leanings.

  3. #3
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    28,162

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Speaking for myself I maintain all of the relationships I have with people that I meet and share a mutual respect with. As much as I disagree with pretty much everything @mountain ref @Jesse James @capt278 @Run To State and @Bluegrasscard have to say politically whenever I see them it is always love and mutual respect. I feel like our friendships and respect go way beyond politics. Politics is ugly for sure but I feel like we are able to see each other for the people we are despite our political leanings.
    Absolutely! Your political leanings really mean nothing to me as a gauge of who you are, it's a very small sampling of who you are. The person I've come to know is far more important to me than how you feel politically, and you're one hell of a great guy! I feel this way about many BGPers I disagree with politically.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Bluegrass Region
    Posts
    9,790

    I liked it when this forum was shut down. Moth-to-the-flame syndrome sometimes.

  5. #5
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    3,882

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Speaking for myself I maintain all of the relationships I have with people that I meet and share a mutual respect with. As much as I disagree with pretty much everything @mountain ref @Jesse James @capt278 @Run To State and @Bluegrasscard have to say politically whenever I see them it is always love and mutual respect. I feel like our friendships and respect go way beyond politics. Politics is ugly for sure but I feel like we are able to see each other for the people we are despite our political leanings.
    This is exactly how I feel. I only know a couple of people on here, you being one PP92. The way one leans politically is just a minute part of a person. You are a great guy with a great family. My only complaint is I don't get to see you as much as I would like. Much respect to you.

  6. #6
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,914

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Speaking for myself I maintain all of the relationships I have with people that I meet and share a mutual respect with. As much as I disagree with pretty much everything @mountain ref @Jesse James @capt278 @Run To State and @Bluegrasscard have to say politically whenever I see them it is always love and mutual respect. I feel like our friendships and respect go way beyond politics. Politics is ugly for sure but I feel like we are able to see each other for the people we are despite our political leanings.
    This.

    While I've only met RTS of the ones you mentioned (great guy), I'm absolutely looking forward to the day @mountain ref and I can finally meet. I think he and I will get along very well. I also think @capt278 and I would find we see eye to eye on more things than either of us would realize. Same goes for @Bluegrasscard as well.

    And even though he has no respect for me, I'd enjoy having a beer with @Jesse James.

  7. #7
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    54,966

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrasscard View Post
    I liked it when this forum was shut down. Moth-to-the-flame syndrome sometimes.
    Out of curiosity, I wonder who has posted the most/started the most threads since the forum's return. Say, the top ten.

    I'll admit that I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers. I did enough of that before I retired nearly a decade ago.

  8. #8
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    54,966

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    This.

    While I've only met RTS of the ones you mentioned (great guy), I'm absolutely looking forward to the day @mountain ref and I can finally meet. I think he and I will get along very well. I also think @capt278 and I would find we see eye to eye on more things than either of us would realize. Same goes for @Bluegrasscard as well.

    And even though he has no respect for me, I'd enjoy having a beer with @Jesse James.
    It's simply the nature of being human beings. We all have a lot more in common that we realize from just posting on a website. Most of my social friends are to the right of Mussolini, but we're buds.

    There isn't a member on here that I wouldn't enjoy sitting down and having a cuppa with.

    Well, except for that Parker kid. He's too little.

  9. #9
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    6,375

    If only the rest of the country had the civility that exists on BGP.

  10. #10
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,076

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Out of curiosity, I wonder who has posted the most/started the most threads since the forum's return. Say, the top ten.

    I'll admit that I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers. I did enough of that before I retired nearly a decade ago.
    That's not even close.

  11. #11
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,076

    Also, I don't like any of you all regardless of your political affiliation, so...

  12. #12
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    3,882

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Also, I don't like any of you all regardless of your political affiliation, so...
    With an avatar like you have.......................

  13. #13
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,363

    I have no ill will toward anyone. I know PP92 and he is a great guy. Would do anything for him and I mean that. @UKMustangFan I was just messing with you. I can respect anyone who stands up for what they believe. Alot of the rest I have not met, but would love to.

    We all want whats best for our country, we just have a different view of how to get there. At least everyone cares or they would not be on here talking about it. There are alot that dont care. I will say this, if everyone cared as much as this group we would be in much better shape as a country.

  14. #14
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,363

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    That's not even close.
    I am the winner. But just so much good stuff...lol.

  15. #15
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    12,615

    When I finally meet the ones on here I disagree with, the last thing I want to talk about is stupid politics. I will never dislike someone for thinking different than me, hell it keeps me balanced and thinking. With that said, GO TRUMP you liberal socialist scumbags. (JK)
    There that is my first emogi I have ever used.

Top