1. #1
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,377

    Default Pentagon to prosecute soldiers who share Christian faith.

    Well I'm curious to know how the Dems on here feel about this. While Islam gets a free pass, Christians are once again punished. Some Christian our President has turned out to be. Also the guy they got to help do this is awful.

    Pentagon Confirms May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,377
    The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.
    (From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians–including chaplains–sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of “treason,” and of committing an act of “spiritual rape” as serious a crime as “sexual assault.” He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are “enemies of the Constitution.”)

  3. #3
    Premium Member Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    You lookin' at me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?!?!
    Posts
    44,918
    I'd like for a definition of "sharing" to be forwarded in this. Some folks' definition of sharing is other folks' definition of pressuring.

    The point being, some of us are not comfortable talking about issues of faith. For some of us, it's because of the miserable clods they grew up with who went from "sharing" to "condemning" in a couple easy steps.
    PepRock01 and ADopted ADmiral like this.

  4. #4
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    445
    Once again, those that scream for tolerance the loudest are the most intolerant of all.
    cammando and spindoc like this.

  5. #5
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    18,058
    Looks to me like their statement includes all faiths, not just Christian.

  6. #6
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    Once again, those that scream for tolerance the loudest are the most intolerant of all.
    If that is for me, I am about fed up with tolerance. That is what put America in the shape it is today. A group being tolerant while others run rampant and not caring. And now we have an unmoral society. I think tolerance is over rated and I quit. Im sick of having my religion pushed back while other religions get a pass.
    BIG BLACK JACK likes this.

  7. #7
    Premium Member Hellbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Location
    Reality Blvd
    Posts
    14,234
    So I guess the military will be getting rid of Chaplains then.


    Sorry but they could court martial me all they want, if I'm in a fire fight and start praying for my safety and get court martialed because someone overheard me praying then they can kiss my butt.
    OlDog75 likes this.

  8. #8
    Moderator bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    32,029
    Saw this on FB earlier:

    I sent this link to my military friend and this is what he wrote: "Yes. But that's a very misconstrued form of the truth. In the military you can not evangelical your religion. It's a form of pushing your faith off on someone else. It's been a law in the military for ever. It's like an officer or senior enlisted telling his soldiers that he is Muslim, and because he is Muslim his soldiers should be Muslim because that's the true religion. Visa versa towards Christians. You can't go around telling your soldiers they should be a Christian because its a sin to not be, and they won't have sinners in their ranks. They make it sound like if you're a Christian you'll get court marshalled, that's not true. You can be any religion you want. You just can't try and convert people to your religion is all. They are addlibing words to make it sound as if they are being persecuted. Which they arnt. They are just trying to protect others from being pressured into having other believes forced upon them. That law has been there for many many years, it was just never enforced because the majority of people were Christian so it was overlooked."
    Getslow, PepRock01 and 75center like this.

  9. #9
    Premium Member mexitucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    11,140
    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    Once again, those that scream for tolerance the loudest are the most intolerant of all.
    That was my thought. If you preach Christianity, you commit treason???? How does stading on a religious soapbox equal providing aid and comfort to the enemy?

  10. #10
    Guide Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Home of Howard Schnellenberger, American Hero
    Posts
    14,725
    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    That was my thought. If you preach Christianity, you commit treason???? How does stading on a religious soapbox equal providing aid and comfort to the enemy?
    No proselytizing. This isn't a new military rule and I can't imagine the military regulations are all that stringent about what counts as proselytizing.

    Anyone have a link to the actual regulations in question here?

    And while we're at it, does anyone have a link that's not from Info Wars?

  11. #11
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,377
    About guarantee you wont find anything on the liberal staions, since they feel the same way.
    Info wars dont make up every story, they get info too and report it too.
    Thank God we do have other news outlets that give a different opinion. We already have enough brainwashed liberals out there.

    Here is a different link other than info wars.

    Pentagon May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith

  12. #12
    Guide Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Home of Howard Schnellenberger, American Hero
    Posts
    14,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbird View Post
    Sorry but they could court martial me all they want, if I'm in a fire fight and start praying for my safety and get court martialed because someone overheard me praying then they can kiss my butt.
    Praying isn't proselytizing. ...at least not under any definition I'm familiar with. I'm uncertain of what definition military courts would be using in these situations.

  13. #13
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,377
    Well whatever it is I know this, little by little Christians lose ability to spread word of god, practice religion in open, war on Christmas. So little by little we lose more liberties. NOT GOOD

    Ask the Jews when Germany and Hitler took their rights and liberties away little by little, until they had none.

  14. #14
    Guide Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Home of Howard Schnellenberger, American Hero
    Posts
    14,725
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Ask the Jews when Germany and Hitler took their rights and liberties away little by little, until they had none.
    Come on, ref.

  15. #15
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    Come on, ref.
    But that is true.

    It may not happen like the camps, but losing their rights is like it is now with christians.

  16. #16
    Moderator True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The land of Blue and Gold
    Posts
    17,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Well I'm curious to know how the Dems on here feel about this. While Islam gets a free pass, Christians are once again punished. Some Christian our President has turned out to be. Also the guy they got to help do this is awful.

    Pentagon Confirms May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Please point out to me where the article discusses allowing non-Christian faiths, particular Islam, to be excluded from this same requirement.

  17. #17
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    Please point out to me where the article discusses allowing non-Christian faiths, particular Islam, to be excluded from this same requirement.
    It doesnt mention Islam because no one is allowed to say Islam, Muslim, Jihad, Terrorist, Suicide bomber. It is racial profiling and racist to mention them. Leave them alone. We have to be tolerant of Islam and let them do whatever or CAIR will get us. Islam is a peaceful religion. They dont pressure anyone.

  18. #18
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    18,058
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    It doesnt mention Islam because no one is allowed to say Islam, Muslim, Jihad, Terrorist, Suicide bomber. It is racial profiling and racist to mention them. Leave them alone. We have to be tolerant of Islam and let them do whatever or CAIR will get us. Islam is a peaceful religion. They dont pressure anyone.
    It doesn't mention other faiths in the article because that is not in the agenda. Forget the bias of the article, read the actual statement from the military. It doesn't mention any particular faith. That also confirms to what bugatti's military friend posted.

  19. #19
    Premium Member BIG BLACK JACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    2,344
    I actually agree with Mt. Ref here. Yeah it might be an established law and in the instances it is applied correctly, but Christianity is starting to get shunned out while other religions are becoming more and more tolerated. If you tolerate one, you should tolerate them all, equally across the board. If people get offended about nativity scenes then why should I not be able to raise cane when other religions exhibit their practices publicly?

  20. #20
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    6,551
    So long as the no proselytizing rule is applied equally to all faiths, there really should be a problem. The difficulty is determining if it is applied equally, that is not very cut and dry, rather it is quite subjective. Another difficulty will be determining the grey area of proselytizing. If one soldier invites another soldier to his worship does that count as proselytizing? What if it is your commanding officer inviting you? I guess it becomes an issue when someone says "no thanks" and you keep on them trying to get them to go.