Obama questions

  1. #1
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,974

    Obama questions

    I keep seeing people say Obama didn't have the guts to do what Trump just did. I need people to be more specific in what they mean when they say these words. What did Obama not have the guts to do and what exactly did Trump do differently than Obama? When Trump's tweets from 2013 are brought up the answer is times were different then. Why is Obama held to a different standard than Trump?


    So for reference, my questions are:

    1.) What exactly did Obama not have the guts to do?

    2.) What exactly did Trump do differently from Obama?

    3.) Why are Trump's 2013 tweets held to a different standard than Obama's actions in 2013?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    40,195

    IMO that's a cop out by people wanting to take shots at President Obama. The President whether it's Obama or Trump knows infinitely more about these situations than we will ever know. While we may not agree politically with them, I have a strong belief that both did and do what they think is the best.

    People IMO that think differently are just blinded by partisanship or politics and will never give them credit for anything they do. If they don't attack, people will say they are a coward. If they do attack people will say it should have been bigger. If they attack with overwhelming force people will say it was overkill. What most forget, regardless of who is in the Whitehouse, the military leaders are in place are in almost all cases the ones giving the recommendations to whomever the President is about what to strike and how to strike it...the President either says go, no go or give me more options.

  3. #3
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    4,806


  4. #4
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    6,998

    Just to be fair, in 2013 Trump didn't have the intelligence and the classified information he has available to him now prior to making a decision or thinking on this type of situation. Also, Syria now is much different than it was 4 years ago.

    But to answer your questions:

    1. Obama essentially didn't do anything other than sit and watch Assad use chemical weapons on his own people. He did ask him to get rid of the weapons and not to cross the red line. Assad said okay and Obama believed it.

    2) Trump went with the intelligence we have that show that chemical weapons were used (again) and rather than ask him to please stop, he acted on it.

    3) Trump didn't have the information to work with at that time as Obama did. At that time he was just a businessman that didn't have generals reporting intelligence information directly to him.

  5. #5
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,974

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    IMO that's a cop out by people wanting to take shots at President Obama. The President whether it's Obama or Trump knows infinitely more about these situations than we will ever know. While we may not agree politically with them, I have a strong belief that both did and do what they think is the best.

    People IMO that think differently are just blinded by partisanship or politics and will never give them credit for anything they do. If they don't attack, people will say they are a coward. If they do attack people will say it should have been bigger. If they attack with overwhelming force people will say it was overkill. What most forget, regardless of who is in the Whitehouse, the military leaders are in place are in almost all cases the ones giving the recommendations to whomever the President is about what to strike and how to strike it...the President either says go, no go or give me more options.
    This is pretty much how my brain has worked but if I've seen a lot of shots at Obama the last 24 hours and I can't get past the fact that 1.) Obama said his biggest regret is how he handled Syria and 2.) that congress wouldn't give him authorization to attack Assad.

    Now in fairness going to congress could have been a political move on his part but had congress given him approval then the Ball would have been in jos court and we could have seen what kind of guts he had.

  6. #6
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,974

    Quote Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post
    Just to be fair, in 2013 Trump didn't have the intelligence and the classified information he has available to him now prior to making a decision or thinking on this type of situation. Also, Syria now is much different than it was 4 years ago.

    But to answer your questions:

    1. Obama essentially didn't do anything other than sit and watch Assad use chemical weapons on his own people. He did ask him to get rid of the weapons and not to cross the red line. Assad said okay and Obama believed it.

    2) Trump went with the intelligence we have that show that chemical weapons were used (again) and rather than ask him to please stop, he acted on it.

    3) Trump didn't have the information to work with at that time as Obama did. At that time he was just a businessman that didn't have generals reporting intelligence information directly to him.
    1.) Wasn't Obama more concerned with the JV team of ISIS at the time? Didn't Obama not only allow Syrian refugees into America but convinced other countries across the planet to allow Syrian refugees into their countries to escape Assad? Whether you agree with that decision or not it takes guts to not only allow refugees that could have terrorists posing as refugees come into your country but he also convinced other countries to allow them in as well.

    2.) Intelligence is leaking to the media that Russia helped them release those chemical weapons. It will take guts to attack Russia and not their little brother Syria IMO.

    3.) Trump got elected as POTUS because people believed his tweets, his rhetoric, his campaign rally speeches, etc. There's no way you can pull the Trump was just playing armchair QB card when the fact of the matter is that playing armchair QB is exactly how he got elected. That and Hillary's arrogance and inability to pay attention to what was happening around her along with the media love affair that the media had with Hillary thus blinding her to reality.

  7. #7
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    6,998

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    1.) Wasn't Obama more concerned with the JV team of ISIS at the time? Didn't Obama not only allow Syrian refugees into America but convinced other countries across the planet to allow Syrian refugees into their countries to escape Assad? Whether you agree with that decision or not it takes guts to not only allow refugees that could have terrorists posing as refugees come into your country but he also convinced other countries to allow them in as well.

    2.) Intelligence is leaking to the media that Russia helped them release those chemical weapons. It will take guts to attack Russia and not their little brother Syria IMO.

    3.) Trump got elected as POTUS because people believed his tweets, his rhetoric, his campaign rally speeches, etc. There's no way you can pull the Trump was just playing armchair QB card when the fact of the matter is that playing armchair QB is exactly how he got elected. That and Hillary's arrogance and inability to pay attention to what was happening around her along with the media love affair that the media had with Hillary thus blinding her to reality.
    1) That was just a bad plan in general. From watching a video earlier that @Wireman posted, the refugees (at least some of them) don't even want to be here or anywhere else, they just want help being able to survive in their own country without having to worry about Assad killing them.

    2) If I had to take a guess I imagine Russia has some involvement in what happened, but that's an uneducated guess. What happens with that I dunno. I don't think we will attack Russia in general unless they provoke us. Honestly I don't believe they will provoke us unless Putin is determined on ending the World as we know it. They won't win a fight with us without using nuclear weapons and in that case we all lose, this entire Planet would be destroyed.

    3) Trump got elected because people wanted change.

  8. #8
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,131

    President Obama drew a line in the sand and didn't back it up. BAD ​move. It made him and the USA look weak.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    1,635

    President Obama committed a cardinal sin for a sitting American president. He made an idle threat. Assad was told that he would be held accountable, that never happened.

    America has been accepting refugees from Syria for many years now. That has not stopped the atrocities. At some point action had to be taken. Murdering innocents with chemical weapons should be dealt with swiftly and firmly.

  10. #10
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,518

    Obama didn't win because he had 3 white guys starting. They were slow footed and didn't have the offensive skills needed to win.

  11. #11
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,974

    Quote Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post
    1) That was just a bad plan in general. From watching a video earlier that @Wireman posted, the refugees (at least some of them) don't even want to be here or anywhere else, they just want help being able to survive in their own country without having to worry about Assad killing them.

    2) If I had to take a guess I imagine Russia has some involvement in what happened, but that's an uneducated guess. What happens with that I dunno. I don't think we will attack Russia in general unless they provoke us. Honestly I don't believe they will provoke us unless Putin is determined on ending the World as we know it. They won't win a fight with us without using nuclear weapons and in that case we all lose, this entire Planet would be destroyed.

    3) Trump got elected because people wanted change.
    1.) That video doesn't do much for me. IMO that video is no different than a black man putting up a video in support of Dr. Carson, Steve Harvey, Kanye West, Amarosa, etc. I'm fairly certain if I go looking for Syrian nationals against Trump's bombing of the the base I can find them.

    2.) Which brings me to another question. For the last 8 years the rhetoric was that Obama was soft on Russia. For me personally unless we attack Russia then I am really confused. How much evidence implicating Russia in everything has to come out before Americans don't trust Russia again?

    3.) Trump got elected because people wanted change, Trump reached the necessary people to implement change, Trump ran a damn good campaign, Hillary was a horrible candidate, Hillary was arrogant, people underestimated Trump and Hillary and Trump were the two worst candidates in American history. We all lost.

  12. #12
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    6,998

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    1.) That video doesn't do much for me. IMO that video is no different than a black man putting up a video in support of Dr. Carson, Steve Harvey, Kanye West, Amarosa, etc. I'm fairly certain if I go looking for Syrian nationals against Trump's bombing of the the base I can find them.

    2.) Which brings me to another question. For the last 8 years the rhetoric was that Obama was soft on Russia. For me personally unless we attack Russia then I am really confused. How much evidence implicating Russia in everything has to come out before Americans don't trust Russia again?

    3.) Trump got elected because people wanted change, Trump reached the necessary people to implement change, Trump ran a damn good campaign, Hillary was a horrible candidate, Hillary was arrogant, people underestimated Trump and Hillary and Trump were the two worst candidates in American history. We all lost.
    1) Sorry about that, I didn't know that the guy in the video must be a white american since he supports what Trump did.

    2) To me as far as Russia goes, we need to find a compromise with them and let them know that we are in control at the same time. That's going to be hard to do I imagine and if they provoke us, I'm all for putting them in their place.

    3) I can't say that I disagree. Although we will have to wait and see how it turns out before we can determine that we all lost.

  13. #13
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,974

    Quote Originally Posted by JDEaston View Post
    1) Sorry about that, I didn't know that the guy in the video must be a white american since he supports what Trump did.

    2) To me as far as Russia goes, we need to find a compromise with them and let them know that we are in control at the same time. That's going to be hard to do I imagine and if they provoke us, I'm all for putting them in their place.

    3) I can't say that I disagree. Although we will have to wait and see how it turns out before we can determine that we all lost.
    1.) It's an analogy but I should have known better to inject a racial analogy in America in 2017. My apologies. Won't happen again.

    2.) We need to attack Russia and let Putin know he doesn't control us. We control them. We are not Russia's little brother. They are our little brother.

    3.) We all lost.

  14. #14
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,974

    How is Syria different now than what it was 4 years ago?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    1,635

    The threat of nuclear warfare limits the options with Russia. US military force could have devastating results.

Top