My fellow conservatives.

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,940

    My fellow conservatives.

    I learned today through a POTUS tweet that the Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos. This is the same fellow who owns Amazon. I don't know about you, but this will definitely influence my purchasing behaviour.


    Twitter
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    54,709

    You just learned that today?

  3. #3
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    I'm positive Amazon will be just fine without you.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,940

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I'm positive Amazon will be just fine without you.
    Absolutely! Its the 80 million other Trumpers I'd be concerned about.

  5. #5
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    Absolutely! Its the 80 million other Trumpers I'd be concerned about.
    You're assuming they all already use Amazon.

  6. #6
    Habib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Buy the ticket, take the ride
    Posts
    12,132

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    Absolutely! Its the 80 million other Trumpers I'd be concerned about.
    You must've gotten your wires crossed. There are 80 million Amazon Prime subscribers. Only 60 million people voted for Trump.

    Seriously though, Amazon is a giant company because it provides people with goods and services in a way that's better than their competitors and that people are willing to fork money over for. Isn't that capitalism? But, no, "conservatives" ought not to participate in this market without assurances that the company's founder (and what of other shareholders?) cheers for their team. I believe I remember reading that in Friedman. And now the president is threatening anti-trust litigation against this company because its founder owns a newspaper that isn't sufficiently praiseworthy of his efforts. I don't think any of this is conservative. That people are advocating this is reflexive partisanship at best, and a cult of personality at worst.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,940

    Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    You must've gotten your wires crossed. There are 80 million Amazon Prime subscribers. Only 60 million people voted for Trump.

    Seriously though, Amazon is a giant company because it provides people with goods and services in a way that's better than their competitors and that people are willing to fork money over for. Isn't that capitalism? But, no, "conservatives" ought not to participate in this market without assurances that the company's founder (and what of other shareholders?) cheers for their team. I believe I remember reading that in Friedman. And now the president is threatening anti-trust litigation against this company because its founder owns a newspaper that isn't sufficiently praiseworthy of his efforts. I don't think any of this is conservative. That people are advocating this is reflexive partisanship at best, and a cult of personality at worst.
    Its not conservative. Its politics. Do you really think going open season on a sitting POTUS is going to occur without retribution? If you poke the bear, you need to be prepared to die!

  8. #8
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    Do you really think going open season on a sitting POTUS is going to occur without retribution?
    Yes. It did the past eight years.

  9. #9
    Habib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Buy the ticket, take the ride
    Posts
    12,132

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    Its not conservative. Its politics. Do you really think going open season on a sitting POTUS is going to occur without retribution? If you poke the bear, you need to be prepared to die!
    This is the logic of petty tyrants.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,940

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Yes. It did the past eight years.
    That has got top be the most ridiculous statement of all time! The MSM was Obama's cheering section. They NEVER lobbed anything but softballs at his administration and he was adamant about avoiding confrontation, even if it meant sacrificing American Lives and Vocations!

  11. #11
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    That has got top be the most ridiculous statement of all time! The MSM was Obama's cheering section. They NEVER lobbed anything but softballs at his administration and he was adamant about avoiding confrontation, even if it meant sacrificing American Lives and Vocations!
    He also knows how to act. The refusal of Trump supporters to acknowledge that MOST of the negative attention Trump gets is his own fault says all you need to know.

  12. #12
    rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    54,709

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    Its not conservative. Its politics. Do you really think going open season on a sitting POTUS is going to occur without retribution? If you poke the bear, you need to be prepared to die!
    Ironically, I'm binge watching "Reign" at the moment. Your ideology is text book monarchist.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,940

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    Ironically, I'm binge watching "Reign" at the moment. Your ideology is text book monarchist.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    He also knows how to act. The refusal of Trump supporters to acknowledge that MOST of the negative attention Trump gets is his own fault says all you need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    This is the logic of petty tyrants.
    Yet, nothing is said when Bezos uses the Washington Post to advance politics that are beneficial to his business interests!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    1,954

    Here is an idea .... If your President doesn't like the news .....

    Maybe he should quit making it on a second by second basis.

    Oh ... that's right ... fake news!

  15. #15
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    45,762

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    Yet, nothing is said when Bezos uses the Washington Post to advance politics that are beneficial to his business interests!
    "Hey, look over there!"

Top