Iowa Thoughts/Predictions

Page 3 of JMO, but Rubio locked it up last night.... 159 comments | 4113 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    4,143

    Hard to top post #30, but here's another factoid that may prove helpful in interpreting the results tonight:

    According to USA today, as many 300,000 Iowans are expected to turn out for tonight's caucuses -- 160,000 Democrats and 140,000 Republicans.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    On the diamond
    Posts
    5,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    When I meet her during this election cycle, I will address her as Madame Secretary. If I meet her again after Jan 20, 2017 ,I will address her as Madame President.
    Most likely if you meet her it will be Inmate Clinton

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Yet I'll bet you voted for "Present" Obama, Mr. "I was was against gay marriage before I was for it"...and you'll be voting for I Mrs. "I voted for the Iraq war before I was against it."

    Mrs Clinton's worst three periods of missed votes while running for President
    Oct-Dec 2007 missed 71-85 votes 83%
    Jan-Mar 2008 missed 38-85 votes 45%
    Apr-Jun 2008 missed 47-60 votes 78%

    Rubio's worst three periods of missed votes while running for President
    Apr-June 2015 missed 28-85 votes 33%
    Jul-Sep 2015 missed 28-52 votes 54%
    Oct-Dec 2015 missed 39-67 votes 58.2%

    So are you out your high sense of fairness going to start referring to Mrs. Clinton and Mrs. No Show?
    I can't remember a senator running for president who didn't miss a large majority of votes while they were running. It's always an issue. For the other guy.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by LOOGY View Post
    Most likely if you meet her it will be Inmate Clinton
    Ah, we hear from the loogy bin. You guys keep up your hoping to see Hillary in the pokey. Ain't gonna happen. Meso is more likely to be enshrined at Cooperstown than Hillary spending a single minute behind bars. Never have I seen so many guys in one place that don't know fecal matter from apple butter sharing such abject hatred for a single woman.

  5. #35
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,803

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    When I meet her during this election cycle, I will address her as Madame Secretary. If I meet her again after Jan 20, 2017 ,I will address her as Madame President.

    I would just go with Queen Hillary if you'd like to keep your head on your shoulders.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    On the diamond
    Posts
    5,154

    As a Rubio guy a Trump win would be optimal. Probably will kill Cruz's chances of getting any momentum to get the primary nod. No way Rubio wins in Iowa since he's hardly campaigned there, but I think a good showing is likely.

  7. #37
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,973

    I'm so out of the loop on when these events are happening that I saw the thread title & wondered who the Hawkeyes were playing.

  8. #38
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    23,122

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    I'm so out of the loop on when these events are happening that I saw the thread title & wondered who the Hawkeyes were playing.
    My predictions:

    Jared Uthoff will drill a triple when Bernie Sanders fails defensively and goes underneath the screener. Senator Cruz will miss the start due to a "violation of team rules" (he got into an argument with the coach and wouldn't back down), but he ultimately plays 25 minutes. Jeb Bush has a great dinner with Kirk Ferentz but forgets it's basketball season. Secretary Clinton is given a technical foul when she grabs a rebound and puts it inside her shirt then denies to the referee that she has a ball or has ever even heard of this thing called a "ball". Donald Trump is ejected after wondering aloud if a bunch of unttrained illegals could do a better job than the officials.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    1,708

    Republican -Trump 31%
    Cruz 22%
    Rubio 15%

    Democrat - Bernie 45%
    Hillary 41%
    That other guy-2%

  10. #40
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    In Lothlorien, where the trees bore flowers of gold and no evil thing ever dared come.
    Posts
    23,122

    Quote Originally Posted by THE SHERIFF View Post
    Republican -Trump 31%
    Cruz 22%
    Rubio 15%

    Democrat - Bernie 45%
    Hillary 41%
    That other guy-2%
    Cruz has gone all in in Iowa. He's visited every county and done events all over. If he loses by nine points, his people would have to feel pretty darn disappointed.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    Stuck in the middle with you
    Posts
    1,708

    Quote Originally Posted by Getslow View Post
    Cruz has gone all in in Iowa. He's visited every county and done events all over. If he loses by nine points, his people would have to feel pretty darn disappointed.
    Agreed.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by THE SHERIFF View Post
    Republican -Trump 31%
    Cruz 22%
    Rubio 15%

    Democrat - Bernie 45%
    Hillary 41%
    That other guy-2%
    Hope you're right!

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    If Trump wins the nomination, he should get Neil Diamond to play and sing "Schlongfellow Serenade" at his victory party. Nobody does it like Neil.


  14. #44
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    10,228

    CNN Reporting that big turnouts and alot of people changing registration to the Republican party. Showed the line that was changing....

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    1,812

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Ah, we hear from the loogy bin. You guys keep up your hoping to see Hillary in the pokey. Ain't gonna happen. Meso is more likely to be enshrined at Cooperstown than Hillary spending a single minute behind bars. Never have I seen so many guys in one place that don't know fecal matter from apple butter sharing such abject hatred for a single woman.
    Oh, is she single now? Or still in that open marriage, Progressive lifestyle thing with the rapist?

Top