Inauguration or Coronation?

  1. #1
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    25,953

    Inauguration or Coronation?

    I am completely open and hopeful about the Trump presidency. I really am. I think change is good and there are certainly changes needed in Washington. But what Trump has done in forming his cabinet and now putting his son in law in the White House is putting my hopefullness to a test. As billionaires, Wall Street bankers and multi-millionaires keep getting appointed it feels like the King is appointing his Dukes to their fiefdoms. Now we have what in some ways appears to be a "crown prince" in the White House. I hope these appointees fulfill the promises of Trump but I become more leery with each new appointment. I am sure the Dems on here will be eager to embellish on this post. However, I am more interested in the Trump supporters. Are the Trumpeteers concerned about the background and makeup of the Trump administration? Please tell me why I shouldn't be worried about the billionaire takeover of Washington.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    4,555


  3. #3
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    12,602

    IMO he is putting very smart business people in business positions to help create jobs and get us out of debt.

    IMO he is putting very smart military leaders in military positions to help get the military back to greatness and raise morale and be able to fight terrorism.

    IMO he is putting people in positions that might actually follow the law.

    IMO he is putting people in charge that might want to actually help people.

  4. #4
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting up NKY way enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,126

    Understand your concerns, but what did you expect a businessman to do other than to surround himself with proven winners & other successful people? I'll take my chances for a change with these types rather than the career politicians, cronies, etc. that Obama and many others before him have tapped to serve in these posts.

    Let's try some folks in charge that have run something, built something, drawn a non-governmental paycheck, employed people, met a payroll, etc.? Sick & tired of these career bureaucrats that have never done an honest days' work; and couldn't hold a job in the private sector if their lives depended on it.

    At least we're pretty sure they're not in it for the money?

  5. #5
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,410

    Quote Originally Posted by StickerMann View Post

    At least we're pretty sure they're not in it for the money?
    I disagree. They aren't in it for the love of their country. They are in it for the power which will ultimately lead to more money. It's the way of the world.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Bluegrass Region
    Posts
    9,785

    Its not like some level of family involvement is new.

    JFK/RFK as an example.

  7. #7
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    37,775

    I do not have as much of a problem with nepotism as others, if said appointee is capable. I would have had no objections to Bill Clinton being appointed to a high profile position. And let's be honest, Kushner is probably a stabilizing figure in Trump's life.

    Many critical of Trump's appointments are still treating him like a traditional politician and applying the same litmus test. It does not apply. On the surface the lack of diversity seems troubling, but what do I know?

  8. #8
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    4,555

    IMO,

    Kushner is the best appointment Trump has made.

  9. #9
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,877

    What a weak argument.

    Am I wrong in my assumption that virtually 100% of all cabinet members of all President's are multi-millionaires?

  10. #10
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,877

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    IMO,

    Kushner is the best appointment Trump has made.
    I agree. The guy is without a doubt the smartest guy in the entire administration IMO.

  11. #11
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    37,775

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    What a weak argument.

    Am I wrong in my assumption that virtually 100% of all cabinet members of all President's are multi-millionaires?
    I am not sure how you define "multi-millionaires", but my guess is 99/100 appointments at this level are doing more than well for themselves.

  12. #12
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    57,877

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I am not sure how you define "multi-millionaires", but my guess is 99/100 appointments at this level are doing more than well for themselves.
    That's my point. Guess some have to have something to complain about though.

  13. #13
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,410

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    IMO,

    Kushner is the best appointment Trump has made.
    Agreed. I really like Jared Kushner.

  14. #14
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    9,358

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Agreed. I really like Jared Kushner.
    He may be the President one day....he got your vote PP92?

  15. #15
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    82,410

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    He may be the President one day....he got your vote PP92?
    Way too early to say. Depends on who he is running against and whether or not he can maintain my approval while serving under Donald. I do like Kushner a lot though. He is the only person in the Trump administration that you will ever see me speak highly of.

Top