Inauguration or Coronation?

Page 4 of I am completely open and hopeful about the Trump presidency. I really am. I think change is good and there are certainly changes needed in Washington. ... 110 comments | 1834 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,328

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    And again, the cabinet selections of past Presidents have almost all been multi-millionaires too. Where were your concerns there? There's a lot of things to be critical about on his nominees, their wealth is absolutely not one of them.
    I already answered that question for you. Now you are talking in circles.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    58,566

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I already answered that question for you. Now you are talking in circles.
    No you didn't. You said, show me.

    I'm asking why today you're concerned about the wealth of these guys, but you weren't for past Presidents.

  3. #48
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,328

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    No you didn't. You said, show me.

    I'm asking why today you're concerned about the wealth of these guys, but you weren't for past Presidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Simple answer .... I didn't notice them previously. How do Trump's choices compare to previous Presidents? If there isn't much difference, then that would be good info and will make me less leery.
    See above posted earlier in the thread.

    The added answer is that Trump made big bank connections, specifically Goldman Sachs connections, a huge issue in the campaign and then appointed numerous Goldman Sachs people to his administration.

  4. #49
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    58,566

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    See above posted previously.
    You're right, I missed that.

    So now that I've shown you that every President nominates multi-millionaires for cabinet positions are you willing to admit your concern over their wealth was misplaced?

  5. #50
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    26,328

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    You're right, I missed that.

    So now that I've shown you that every President nominates multi-millionaires for cabinet positions are you willing to admit your concern over their wealth was misplaced?
    You have provided some good info but I will dig deeper on my own. Outside of Kerry, the wealth of the people you have listed doesn't seem anywhere near the wealth of the people Trump has appointed and that is what I want to look at further.

    The Goldman Sachs appointments are still a concern even if the issue of wealth is not.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,026

    When did wealth become synonymous with evil?

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    2,533

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    IMO he is putting very smart business people in business positions to help create jobs and get us out of debt.

    IMO he is putting very smart military leaders in military positions to help get the military back to greatness and raise morale and be able to fight terrorism.

    IMO he is putting people in positions that might actually follow the law.

    IMO he is putting people in charge that might want to actually help people.
    Gutting the IRS and going to a "flat tax" is a sure fire way to get us even into more debt if Trump's previous claims come true.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    Pendleton, KY (home of the Wildcats)
    Posts
    2,475

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I should have clarified. I didn't mean that everyone that supported Trump did so blindly. My apologies.
    Thank you. It is difficult to cover all bases when we try to be brief in our posts.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    15,531

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Whats hers is mine...
    Doesn't work that way in my house.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,278

    Imagine having a lot of people in your cabinet who are very successful and have gotten things done in their life and certainly do not NEED the job. That's a bad thing? Everyone of them is taking a pay cut for this job and aren't allowed to be lobbyists to get rich after...

    I honestly think Trump and his cabinet REALLY are doing this because they want to make the country better. Now not everyone agrees with how they will do things...I get that. However, why would Tillerson give up hundreds of millions of dollars in future earnings to do this and put up with the garbage he has with people slamming him? His life was pretty good before now. I honestly believe he is trying to improve our country.

  11. #56
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,330

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    When did wealth become synonymous with evil?
    Money is the root of all evil.

  12. #57
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,330

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    Imagine having a lot of people in your cabinet who are very successful and have gotten things done in their life and certainly do not NEED the job. That's a bad thing? Everyone of them is taking a pay cut for this job and aren't allowed to be lobbyists to get rich after...

    I honestly think Trump and his cabinet REALLY are doing this because they want to make the country better. Now not everyone agrees with how they will do things...I get that. However, why would Tillerson give up hundreds of millions of dollars in future earnings to do this and put up with the garbage he has with people slamming him? His life was pretty good before now. I honestly believe he is trying to improve our country.
    Really? Hmmm. Interesting. You truly believe he is giving up hundreds of millions of dollars to do public service?

    He may be trying to improve the country but his version of an improved country is different from mine. Therein lies the issue.

  13. #58
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,016

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Really? Hmmm. Interesting. You truly believe he is giving up hundreds of millions of dollars to do public service?

    He may be trying to improve the country but his version of an improved country is different from mine. Therein lies the issue.
    Can you tell me what is wrong with more jobs, more people working, less national debt? That improves the country.

    What is it, in that, that is not in your version of an improved country?

  14. #59
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,330

    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    Can you tell me what is wrong with more jobs, more people working, less national debt? That improves the country.

    What is it, in that, that is not in your version of an improved country?
    Lip service today. They haven't done anything yet. Obama is still on the clock.

  15. #60
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,016

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Lip service today. They haven't done anything yet. Obama is still on the clock.
    A. It doesn't keep you from saying they will do nothing. How do you know. As you say, they aren't on the clock yet.

    B. Obama is still doing nothing.

Top Inauguration or Coronation?