Inauguration or Coronation?

Page 2 of I am completely open and hopeful about the Trump presidency. I really am. I think change is good and there are certainly changes needed in Washington. ... 110 comments | 1485 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    8,739

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Way too early to say. Depends on who he is running against and whether or not he can maintain my approval while serving under Donald. I do like Kushner a lot though. He is the only person in the Trump administration that you will ever see me speak highly of.
    When America is great again you will speak differently.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    25,173

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    That's my point. Guess some have to have something to complain about though.
    I didn't realize I was complaining when I posted the thread. I think it's a legitimate question and other people have made some good points in their responses above.

  3. #18
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    80,313

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    When America is great again you will speak differently.
    America has been great for decades. It started to become great when slavery ended. Became even greater when segregation ended. As of today America has never been greater despite what some people soon to be in power lead you to believe.

  4. #19
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    42,162

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    When America is great again you will speak differently.
    My America is already great.

  5. #20
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    42,162

    Trump has certainly done NOTHING to sway his doubters to this point.

    I'm looking forward to the 20th so we can actually start to see what impact he will have on our (already great) country. At that point there will be nowhere for his blind supporters to deflect his mistakes, and we'll find out what they are really all about.

    All that said, I'm anxious and hopeful that he erases all the doubts I have about him as our President.

  6. #21
    Jesse James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    8,739

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    My America is already great.
    You guys are touchy today. Did you all not see the smiley face. That was a great "Last" speech last night. Watched every second of it.

  7. #22
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    56,773

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I didn't realize I was complaining when I posted the thread. I think it's a legitimate question and other people have made some good points in their responses above.
    So....Where were these concerns over the wealthy cabinet selections of past Presidents? Because they're all very wealthy.

  8. #23
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    51,913

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    So....Where were these concerns over the wealthy cabinet selections of past Presidents? Because they're all very wealthy.
    Even though most pols are wealthy on the national level, whether independently so or via enriching themselves through their elected office, we're talking about a far different scale here with Trump and Tillerson, just to start with.

  9. #24
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    25,173

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    So....Where were these concerns over the wealthy cabinet selections of past Presidents? Because they're all very wealthy.
    Simple answer .... I didn't notice them previously. How do Trump's choices compare to previous Presidents? If there isn't much difference, then that would be good info and will make me less leery.

  10. #25
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    56,773

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Simple answer .... I didn't notice them previously. How do Trump's choices compare to previous Presidents? If there isn't much difference, then that would be good info and will make me less leery.
    Okay.

  11. #26
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    27,809

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I disagree. They aren't in it for the love of their country. They are in it for the power which will ultimately lead to more money. It's the way of the world.
    Just like Obama, Bush, Clinton.... You get the picture.

  12. #27
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    25,173

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Okay.
    You aren't going to give any info on previous administrations to compare to Trump's?

  13. #28
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    59,518

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    So....Where were these concerns over the wealthy cabinet selections of past Presidents? Because they're all very wealthy.
    I'm with you on this.

    Having said that, I still have doubts about the Trump Presidency. Those doubts just don't stem from his cabinet appointments.

  14. #29
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    56,773

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    You aren't going to give any info on previous administrations to compare to Trump's?
    Why would I? They're all very wealthy individuals. The wealth of a person doesn't make a difference to me. It does to you, so you can do your own homework.

  15. #30
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    56,773

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    I'm with you on this.

    Having said that, I still have doubts about the Trump Presidency. Those doubts just don't stem from his cabinet appointments.
    Believe me, so do I. I think he's going be terrible.

Top