Hillary's Election To Lose?

Page 6 of Originally Posted by Clyde If you were king what would you do in regards to abortion? I think that in circumstances like rape (not a 18yr boy and 17yr ... 90 comments | 2451 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    A

    I'm with UKmustang. To me it's an all or nothing situation. Either you're pro life or not. You can't have exceptions...in the end, if you believe abortion is the killing of a life and is wrong, then there should be no valid reason to have an abortion. If you believe there are or should be exceptions, you are by definition pro-choice. Too many people confuse pro-choice with pro-abortion.
    There has to be exceptions.
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,980

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    A

    I'm with UKmustang. To me it's an all or nothing situation. Either you're pro life or not. You can't have exceptions...in the end, if you believe abortion is the killing of a life and is wrong, then there should be no valid reason to have an abortion. If you believe there are or should be exceptions, you are by definition pro-choice. Too many people confuse pro-choice with pro-abortion.

    Yes indeedy!

  3. #78
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Im PRO what is best for the mom and family if she has to have an abortion to save her life and not orphan her other babies.

    Im not pro life for someone who gets pregnant from stupidity.

    I also think if a woman has an abortion for any reason other to saver her life, she should have her tubes tied as she doesnt need kids.
    That is 100% pro-choice.

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,529

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    There has to be exceptions.
    Hillary will certainly support those exceptions you want

  5. #80

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    There has to be exceptions.
    If your sole argument is that abortion is murder there cannot be exceptions. If you believe the baby inside to be a human and the baby has rights then why would you say it's OK to "murder" in some cases?

  6. #81
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,627

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    If your sole argument is that abortion is murder there cannot be exceptions. If you believe the baby inside to be a human and the baby has rights then why would you say it's OK to "murder" in some cases?
    Just throwing a term out there,since we're talking murder, life and death, etc.

    Self-defense?

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,980

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    That is 100% pro-choice.
    Now that we know ref is pro-choice, maybe he will admit that he is really pro-gay rights as well. That will make him a bonafide liberal like me.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Abortion strictly as birth control is a vile and repugnant thing. That said I don't favor an outright ban.

    I do favor strong restrictions on when one can be performed as well as education for the woman prior to the abortion.
    That should include a sonogram so they can actually see what they are destroying. Once the baby could be viable outside the womb then the option to abort should be gone. I am also a strong proponent of parental approval. A girl under 18 can't get an aspirin without parental permission. Finally abortions should NEVER be paid for by insurance unless there is a legitimate health risk to the mother if she carries the baby to term.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,774

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    If your sole argument is that abortion is murder there cannot be exceptions. If you believe the baby inside to be a human and the baby has rights then why would you say it's OK to "murder" in some cases?
    I agree with you except for one instance. For any TMC grads out there who had Ethics professor George Blair, you will remember what he said about abortion...and I agree. He said abortion is murder UNLESS the mother's life is in danger. Then you are not "choosing" to kill the baby; you are "choosing" to save the mother's life. Other than that, it is murder because you are choosing to end the life.

  10. #85
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,231

    Quote Originally Posted by ggclfan View Post
    I agree with you except for one instance. For any TMC grads out there who had Ethics professor George Blair, you will remember what he said about abortion...and I agree. He said abortion is murder UNLESS the mother's life is in danger. Then you are not "choosing" to kill the baby; you are "choosing" to save the mother's life. Other than that, it is murder because you are choosing to end the life.
    That's a logical thought IMO.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Article in the NYT names Rubio among those the Democrats fear due to his opportunity to draw the Hispanic vote away from Clinton to win Florida. His youth and not being an entrenched political insider is a contrast they don't want to face. Bush and Walker are two of the other candidates they are concerned about. Bush has the same potential with the Hispanic vote. Not sure why Walker is named.

    I don't think they need to be concerned about Rubio as I can't see him getting the nomination.

  12. #87
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,231

    I believe when the nominations are completed and the dust has settled that it will be a Bush-Clinton match up.

  13. #88

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I believe when the nominations are completed and the dust has settled that it will be a Bush-Clinton match up.
    Probably right, voters will take the easiest path and those two will require the least effort.

  14. #89
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,627

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I believe when the nominations are completed and the dust has settled that it will be a Bush-Clinton match up.
    Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    5,774

    Papa, don't ruin my day...

    We don't need another Bush or Clinton in the White House in my lifetime.

Top