CNN Slanted Political Views gets them?

Page 6 of Here are the current ratings. They have tanked: FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,758,000 FOXNEWS BAIER 2,928,000 FOXNEWS THE FIVE 2,918,000 FOXNEWS TUCKER 2,852,000 ... 91 comments | 1683 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    15,838

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Publish what was said and move on. IMO, it's not their job to determine what is truth and what isn't. That's for each individual person to do. If I see something reported and it interests me, I dig into it. If it doesn't interest me, I forget all about and couldn't care less if it's true or not.

    It's not their job to opine on an answer IMO.
    Wow. Takes me to a conversation Gov Pilate had with that Truth thing.

    So truth is fluid to each individual?

    It's either correct or incorrect.

    "Biggest landslide since Reagan".

    So that's for each person to decide and if the media points it out as false, they are overstepping boundaries?
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,485

    Anyone catch Shep' Smith total meltdown on Fox yesterday ? If you think Fox doesnt give a mic to reporters who LOATHE Trump then you tube that performance .. I thought his mascara was going to run

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    15,838

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Maybe it's hypocritical of me, but I only feel this way when it comes to political news. Way too much emotion and feeling involved IMO for any news organization to be any good unless they simply report and move on.
    Woodward, just move on. It's just some Cubans led by a former CIA guy. Report it and leave it alone.

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,485

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Wow. Takes me to a conversation Gov Pilate had with that Truth thing.

    So truth is fluid to each individual?

    It's either correct or incorrect.

    "Biggest landslide since Reagan".

    So that's for each person to decide and if the media points it out as false, they are overstepping boundaries?
    The biggest landslide since reagan was inaccurate . I dont mind media pointing that out , but the guy took questions for over an hour , the media freaked out like no other over this slip up . Sure it wasnt accurate but it didnt deserve the meltdown that followed ( IMO)

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    15,838

    Quote Originally Posted by Manitoudan View Post
    The biggest landslide since reagan was inaccurate . I dont mind media pointing that out , but the guy took questions for over an hour , the media freaked out like no other over this slip up . Sure it wasnt accurate but it didnt deserve the meltdown that followed ( IMO)
    It might be because he also changed stories a few times on Flynn's activities and his deception to the Administration.

  6. #81
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,264

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Wow. Takes me to a conversation Gov Pilate had with that Truth thing.

    So truth is fluid to each individual?

    It's either correct or incorrect.

    "Biggest landslide since Reagan".

    So that's for each person to decide and if the media points it out as false, they are overstepping boundaries?
    IMO the media's job is to report the news, not give commentary on it. No more, no less.

  7. #82
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,264

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Woodward, just move on. It's just some Cubans led by a former CIA guy. Report it and leave it alone.

    Fairly certain I'm too young to have any clue what you're referring to here.

  8. #83
    Getslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Atop Meneltarma, in Numenor, looking to the West...
    Posts
    21,351

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    You hit on a good point there. There is no media outlet on TV that is all about just reporting the news. They all include more opinion and commentary on the news than just reporting the news. Whatever happened to CNN Headline News?
    It's gone because nobody watched it.

  9. #84
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,003

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Fairly certain I'm too young to have any clue what you're referring to here.
    Watergate

  10. #85
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    59,264

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    Watergate
    Yep....Too young.

    Hell, my parents couldn't even drive a car at that time.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    781

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    Wow. Takes me to a conversation Gov Pilate had with that Truth thing.

    So truth is fluid to each individual?

    It's either correct or incorrect.

    "Biggest landslide since Reagan".

    So that's for each person to decide and if the media points it out as false, they are overstepping boundaries?
    The media should report facts and investigate the truth. They should not opine. Their opinion is not news, is not fact and is not important. THey should also have the facts before they report the news. IMO, this is the problem with the world today. Social media and 24 hour news has created an environment where you need to be the first to break a story no matter if it is true or not. This has corroded the media and forced them to go to print before properly vetting. Once something is put out there, retractions are meaningless because front page "news" is retracted on page 12. The media is out of control. Seriously, how much fake news gets passed around BGP as gospel. Especially in the sports forums. We live in an age of no accountability for what people say or do and some have zero regard for what is actually true. The media has an agenda because they are angry about being so wrong guessing this election. I still remember traditional media being mad at Obama because he was giving favor the site news like the Huffington Post.

    How much fake news gets passed around Twitter and Facebook without even being read? A lot! It is embarrassing. The traditional media has fallen into this because of wanting to be first. It seems it is better to be first than it is to be right.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Ryle School district
    Posts
    4,474

    Name:  FB_IMG_1487386954377.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  31.3 KB

  13. #88
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,717

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Publish what was said and move on. IMO, it's not their job to determine what is truth and what isn't. That's for each individual person to do. If I see something reported and it interests me, I dig into it. If it doesn't interest me, I forget all about and couldn't care less if it's true or not.

    It's not their job to opine on an answer IMO.
    The part I bolded is troubling me, because it begs a certain large question: Who determines truth? And pointing out that someone plays fast and loose with the truth doesn't necessarily mean they are determining "what is truth." Just pointing out what is false.

  14. #89
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    44,882

    Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    Where is an acceptable place for a Millennial to get news? Asking for a friend.
    I was wondering the same. Because if it isn't praising PDT's every move, it's apparently no good.

  15. #90
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    55,895

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I was wondering the same. Because if it isn't praising PDT's every move, it's apparently no good.
    Or fake.

Top