Bernie Sanders Can't Explain Rejection of Single Payer Health Care in VT and CA

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,933

    Bernie Sanders Can't Explain Rejection of Single Payer Health Care in VT and CA

    despite insisting on proposing same for a national system.

    Sanders Has Trouble Explaining How to Pay for Single-Payer, Why Blue States Rejected It

    Bernie Sanders squirms as CNN host spews facts on single-payer health care – TheBlaze
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    61,917

    Bernie Sanders is a buffoon.

    Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, & Bernie Sanders. Those were our three primary options for the highest office in the land.

  3. #3
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    57,438

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Bernie Sanders is a buffoon.

    Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, & Bernie Sanders. Those were our three primary options for the highest office in the land.
    Truth is stranger than fiction.

  4. #4
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    51,395

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Truth is stranger than fiction.
    Democrats could have picked almost anyone other than those two idiots and they would have won imo.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,235

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#644e67173b99

    Single payer system isn't working too well in England.

  6. #6
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    28,758

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#644e67173b99

    Single payer system isn't working too well in England.
    Yet we continue to her how great others have it and how we should do the same.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,933

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#644e67173b99

    Single payer system isn't working too well in England.
    Canada's single payer system :

    Watch: Canadian journalist admits the harsh reality of single-payer health care – TheBlaze

    "The Canadian then admitted what many critics of single-payer often point out — that with single-payer health care comes a decline in the quality and quantity of care available.

    “And they came to the answer that what we want is a system that covers everyone, and what that means is we’re willing to give up choice, we’re willing to give up the most high-tech solutions to various medical problems, we’re not going to have expensive, shiny hospitals,” Gladwell said."

  8. #8
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,684

    There is no explanation why democrats say single payer will hurt small businesses, and increase costs for the middle class and so they kill the bill in two blue states. Sanders instead turns to fear mongering, "Republicans want to throw tens of millions of people off health care, etc, etc.".

  9. #9
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,519

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    There is no explanation why democrats say single payer will hurt small businesses, and increase costs for the middle class and so they kill the bill in two blue states. Sanders instead turns to fear mongering, "Republicans want to throw tens of millions of people off health care, etc, etc.".
    And I thought the narrative was that only the Republicans, lead by Trump, were the fear mongerers.

  10. #10
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,684

    why can't we have a discussion in this country where each side of a position lays out the pros and cons of their view point in an honest fashion. The fact that other countries do single payer does not mean the U.S. should. Let's have discussion of the trade-offs they have had to make and what are the outcomes for a patient who has been diagnosed with an illness or disease? Let's talk about what would happen if insurance companies were made to compete for business. Why is it that a service industry like health insurance seems to have turned the tables and the customer serves it? Why does a service industry dictate to a doctor what test, what regimen, what is best practice when the doctor is the one who knows your case? The tail is wagging the dog. That can only increase in a single payer system.

  11. #11
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,202

    Name:  IMG_0709.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  286.3 KB

  12. #12
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,202

    Name:  IMG_0710.PNG
Views: 81
Size:  175.0 KB

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    1,933

    Even if Single Payer were successful in some other country, it still would not work here because the Medicare/Medicaid system is rampant with fraud and corruption. This is a big part of what drives up cost.

    Jeff Sessions: Authorities charge 4 people for health care fraud

  14. #14
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,202

    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride View Post
    Even if Single Payer were successful in some other country, it still would not work here because the Medicare/Medicaid system is rampant with fraud and corruption. This is a big part of what drives up cost.

    Jeff Sessions: Authorities charge 4 people for health care fraud
    Maybe we look at what those successful systems do to curtail fraud and corruption.

Top