"Lie Lie Land"

Page 2 of Shouldn't we hold this administration(and any administration, for that matter) responsible for blatant lie after lie they tell to the American people. ... 50 comments | 1722 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Fear the Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Ryle School district. Up on top the pressbox.
    Posts
    5,007

    News flash: politicians lie, always have, always will. If either side of the arguement really thought they would act different I need to have you evaluated. Its what they do and I expected them to do. Some are just better at it. Practice makes perfect. Really, any of you think the government is ever honest to you. Sheesh man.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,316

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Shouldn't we hold this administration(and any administration, for that matter) responsible for blatant lie after lie they tell to the American people. Do they really think we are this damn stupid? I mean, things we know are untruths roll off the tongues of Spicer and Conway on a daily basis. Off camera, do they just burst out laughing at how gullible people are to their lies, whether it's a whopper about national security or one about crowd size?

    Isn't this what we were supposedly fed up with- lying politicians? It appears that Washington will always be "Lie Lie Land." 2018 isn't that far off...
    Both sides of the aisle are completely out of control. Trump's people just don't seem to have the experience yet in being able to be subtle about it, plus the watchdogs are watching a lot closer.

  3. #18
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,764

    Good discussion thus far. So, as one poster indicated, is it our expectation that our representatives will tell us lie after lie? Should we expect honesty? Does a politician have to lie to us in order to be successful?

  4. #19
    Fear the Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Ryle School district. Up on top the pressbox.
    Posts
    5,007

    We should expect and demand honesty. When they all do it and you cant get the millions upon millions of low information voters to help vote them out, what can you do about it?

  5. #20
    rockmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    54,685

    Who should be doing the demanding? We, the voting public, have no motivation beyond sticking it to the other side when we vote. If we don't demand it, how can we expect those we vote for to do so?

  6. #21
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    57,451

    Always amusing as heck when the proverbial shoe is on the other foot.

  7. #22
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    42,726

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Always amusing as heck when the proverbial shoe is on the other foot.
    Yes....It is!

  8. #23
    Fear the Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Ryle School district. Up on top the pressbox.
    Posts
    5,007

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Always amusing as heck when the proverbial shoe is on the other foot.
    Still cant admit that barry had the most corrupt administration ever huh?

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Time and Relaive Dimensions in Space
    Posts
    16,576

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Nation View Post
    Still cant admit that barry had the most corrupt administration ever huh?
    I didn't know he was involved in the Grant administration.

  10. #25
    doomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Up Elkhorn Creek, sometimes without a paddle.
    Posts
    6,612

    Since Bill Clinton won the Presidency in 1992 on "read my lips...no new taxes" after Bush senior compromised on his tax bill, any competent politician would think twice about compromising or even blinking in the face of opposition. That is the sad state of our politics today.

  11. #26
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    10,900

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Nation View Post
    News flash: politicians lie, always have, always will. If either side of the arguement really thought they would act different I need to have you evaluated. Its what they do and I expected them to do. Some are just better at it. Practice makes perfect. Really, any of you think the government is ever honest to you. Sheesh man.
    I recall you saying the exact same thing in the past.

  12. #27
    Fear the Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Ryle School district. Up on top the pressbox.
    Posts
    5,007

    Quote Originally Posted by B-Ball-fan View Post
    I recall you saying the exact same thing in the past.
    Yep, don't trust the government no matter who is in charge. Our needs are secondary to theirs.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,546

    Quote Originally Posted by doomer View Post
    Since Bill Clinton won the Presidency in 1992 on "read my lips...no new taxes" after Bush senior compromised on his tax bill, any competent politician would think twice about compromising or even blinking in the face of opposition. That is the sad state of our politics today.
    This is a great point. HW lost the election after he compromised with Democrats and they used it against him.

  14. #29
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    28,764

    Wait! Politicians lie?!! No way!!!!!

  15. #30
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,851

    Republicans and Democrats both continue to show, they really are the same.

Top