1. #1
    Registered User saint4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you are probably right.
    Posts
    4,351

    Default Rate My Team

    Since everyone else is doing it, thought I would too.

    QB- Phillip Rivers, J.P. Lossman, Bret Favre

    RB- Rudi Johnson, Laurence Maroney, Clinton Portis, Adrian Petterson(Chicago)

    WR- Terrell Owens, Santana Moss, Joe Jurevicius, Michael Jenkins

    TE- Todd Heap, Algie Crumpler

    D/ST- Chargers and Seahawks

    K- Matt Stover



    What you think? We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 1WR/RB, 2 WR, 1 DEF, and 1 K.

    I got 2 defenses because I figured every team has a bye week, why not have a D to back up the other that week. I got rid of Mike Furrey for that on Waivers, but imo it is worth it.

  2. #2
    Suspended Superfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    Green River
    Posts
    500
    I personally would have preferred to have Furrey over Jurevicus & Jenkins. Furrey is a slot receiver in a pass happy offense (Calvin & Roy arent possession receiver types but Furrey is). Jurevicus is on the Browns & their offense is terrible. Jenkins is in Atlanta & is a big ?. I think Harrington may be alright BUT I think Crumpler, Horn & White are targets over him. they also statistically run the ball a lot in Atlanta.

    As long as Portis is a go & you only have to start 2 wr's, you'll be alright but I'm very skeptical about Portis' health & Betts on his heals.

  3. #3
    Registered User saint4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you are probably right.
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfan
    I personally would have preferred to have Furrey over Jurevicus & Jenkins. Furrey is a slot receiver in a pass happy offense (Calvin & Roy arent possession receiver types but Furrey is). Jurevicus is on the Browns & their offense is terrible. Jenkins is in Atlanta & is a big ?. I think Harrington may be alright BUT I think Crumpler, Horn & White are targets over him. they also statistically run the ball a lot in Atlanta.

    As long as Portis is a go & you only have to start 2 wr's, you'll be alright but I'm very skeptical about Portis' health & Betts on his heals.
    I got Portis in the 6th round after Rudi, Maroney, Rivers, and TO, and Santana Moss.

    I asked a friend his opinion, and he said to get Furrey back, so I got rid of Jenkins, and got him off waivers again.

  4. #4
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    61,329
    I would take Furrey over Joe Jurevicius, Michael Jenkins also.

  5. #5
    Registered User saint4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you are probably right.
    Posts
    4,351
    Should I drop Bret Favre and take Alex Smith, he was not drafted. It amazed me who was not drafted. Alex Smith, Steve McNair, Jeff Garcia, Rex Grossman, and Joey Harrington were the starters that were not taken.

  6. #6
    Premium Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Are You Not Entertained?
    Posts
    61,329
    I don't think you need a 3rd QB.

  7. #7
    Premium Member NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    2008 KHSAA Regional Champs
    Posts
    30,053
    I don't think you'll need 3 QB's but I wouldn't drop Favre for Smith. I think your team will be a contender as long as Portis can remain the dominant back in DC.

  8. #8
    Premium Member SvFan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    21,357
    No need to have 3 QB's.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Log Mountain
    Posts
    11,309
    I think your team looks strong except at WR. That position looks a little weak.

  10. #10
    Registered User lionfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    Deals Gap
    Posts
    1,083
    Wow! Your team seems to be fairly loaded. I've played in a 14 team league for years. Pickens always seem slim. How big a league are you playing in?

  11. #11
    Registered User saint4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you are probably right.
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by lionfan13
    Wow! Your team seems to be fairly loaded. I've played in a 14 team league for years. Pickens always seem slim. How big a league are you playing in?
    It was a 10 team league, and I had the 10th pick in the 1st round, 1st in the 2nd, 10th in the 3rd so on and so forth for 16 rounds.

    A few changes off waivers: Droped Joe Jurevicius, Michael Jenkins, and Bret Favre. Picked up Brandon Stokley, Mike Furrey, and Kenny Watson (in case Rudi goes down, I have his back-up, saw it on ESPN that it would be a good idea to pick up your 1st round pick's back-up.) NO need for Favre because I have Rivers and Losman. Figured I would pick up another receiver, Stokley will be a great guy in the Denver Offense imo.

  12. #12
    Registered User lionfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    Deals Gap
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by saint4
    It was a 10 team league, and I had the 10th pick in the 1st round, 1st in the 2nd, 10th in the 3rd so on and so forth for 16 rounds.

    A few changes off waivers: Droped Joe Jurevicius, Michael Jenkins, and Bret Favre. Picked up Brandon Stokley, Mike Furrey, and Kenny Watson (in case Rudi goes down, I have his back-up, saw it on ESPN that it would be a good idea to pick up your 1st round pick's back-up.) NO need for Favre because I have Rivers and Losman. Figured I would pick up another receiver, Stokley will be a great guy in the Denver Offense imo.
    IMO, Favre will be a better fantasy scorer than Losman. Favre has a vastly improved receiver corp to throw this year.

  13. #13
    Registered User saint4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you are probably right.
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by lionfan13
    IMO, Favre will be a better fantasy scorer than Losman. Favre has a vastly improved receiver corp to throw this year.
    I'll check it out a few games into the season, no one in the league needs a QB, they all have 2 or 3, he will still be there on waivers, and I have the #1 in waivers order so I could get him back if I need to.

  14. #14
    Premium Member formerkywrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    23,778
    Not a bad team.

    Some suggestions, if you have Portis, you need Betts, Portis is a big injury risk.

    Drop a D, you only need one, after the first three they are statistically the same. Drop a TE, once again you only need one, if he isn't named Antonio Gates he is pretty much the same as the next guy.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629
    I'd drop Favre and pick up another position...Ladell Betts or Wes Welker maybe. I don't know the size of your league, so it's difficult to know who might be available. I'd definitely get Betts if he's availabe...that would secure you some production from the Redskins backfield if someone gets hurt. Just like the guy above me said...