Hypothetical Trade Advice

  1. #1
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,554

    Hypothetical Trade Advice

    Standard scoring. Non-PPR. 12 team league.

    Would you trade Christian McCaffrey & Emmanuel Sanders (or Alshon Jeffery instead) for Julio Jones? On that surface that is like duh. However, I am looking to be undefeated through six weeks and have some good depth at both RB/WR. I need to decide if I want to make that offer.

    My squad:

    QB Russell Wilson
    QB Matthew Stafford

    RB Todd Gurley
    RB Ty Montgomery
    RB Christian McCaffrey
    RB Mark Ingram
    RB Aaron Jones
    RB Andre Ellington

    WR Mike Evans
    WR Doug Baldwin
    WR Alshon Jeffery
    WR Emmanuel Sanders

    TE Zach Ertz
    D New England (I stream)
    K Jake Elliott
    K Matt Bryant (don't ask why I have Ks lol)

    I really like my current roster but I should try and make that move...right?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,436

    In a heartbeat.

    McCaffery probably doesn't play anyways for you, so I'd definitely make the deal.

  3. #3
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,110

    If you can get Julio's owner to take that, I'd go for it, even if you have to put Jeffrey in there instead of Sanders.


    You'd be set at WR except for Baldwins bye week. Jones, Evans and Baldwin, that's just a sick WR corp.


    Almost as good as Jones, Green and Evans. Someone had that last year though and didn't pan out for them in the playoffs.

  4. #4
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,554

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    In a heartbeat.

    McCaffery probably doesn't play anyways for you, so I'd definitely make the deal.
    I've had him in the flex a few times.

    I gotta see if he'll go for it. His team has been decimated by injuries, so he's desperate for guys he can insert into the starting lineup.

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    If you can get Julio's owner to take that, I'd go for it, even if you have to put Jeffrey in there instead of Sanders.


    You'd be set at WR except for Baldwins bye week. Jones, Evans and Baldwin, that's just a sick WR corp.


    Almost as good as Jones, Green and Evans. Someone had that last year though and didn't pan out for them in the playoffs.
    Your WR core was nasty.

    Baldwin's bye week is this week. Evans and Julio already had theirs.

  5. #5
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,554

    @NamecipS @UKMustangFan

    I guess I'd have four potential offers to him (without letting him know that of course):

    McCaffrey / Sanders
    Mccaffrey / Jeffery
    Ingram / Sanders
    Ingram / Jeffrey

    Almost thinks its better to push Jeffery in the trade, since I have Ertz. Don't love having those two in the lineup together (if needed).

  6. #6
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,110

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    @NamecipS @UKMustangFan

    I guess I'd have four potential offers to him (without letting him know that of course):

    McCaffrey / Sanders
    Mccaffrey / Jeffery
    Ingram / Sanders
    Ingram / Jeffrey

    Almost thinks its better to push Jeffery in the trade, since I have Ertz. Don't love having those two in the lineup together (if needed).
    I think your listed order is the best route. I'd be very surprised if he takes it, but if he's desperate, he might.

  7. #7
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,554

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    I think your listed order is the best route. I'd be very surprised if he takes it, but if he's desperate, he might.
    He probably won't but we've been chatting a little. Worse case scenario, I keep my squad and am still sitting very pretty.

    He lost Dalvin Cook, Greg Olsen and Derek Carr for a little bit. His squad:

    Name:  Roster.png
Views: 42
Size:  32.0 KB

  8. #8
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,110

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    He probably won't but we've been chatting a little. Worse case scenario, I keep my squad and am still sitting very pretty.

    He lost Dalvin Cook, Greg Olsen and Derek Carr for a little bit. His squad:

    Name:  Roster.png
Views: 42
Size:  32.0 KB
    Like I said, if you can get Jones with the listed combinations, good for you. Then we will sing your GM skills praises.

  9. #9
    FatNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    443

    I like any of those deals for you. Good luck getting it done.

  10. #10
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,554

    Well fellas, I got a verbal last night for:

    Mccaffrey & Jeffery for Julio Jones

    Gotta have to wait til Tuesday since thoae guys played already this weekend. I can get out of it if Julio gets hurt Sunday.

    Gonna miss McCaffrey but I am excited about this move for the Flying Bears. Thanks for the encouragement lol

  11. #11
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,110

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Well fellas, I got a verbal last night for:

    Mccaffrey & Jeffery for Julio Jones

    Gotta have to wait til Tuesday since thoae guys played already this weekend. I can get out of it if Julio gets hurt Sunday.

    Gonna miss McCaffrey but I am excited about this move for the Flying Bears. Thanks for the encouragement lol
    Hopefully he doesn’t change his mind after Julio goes off this weekend for 220 and 3 TDs.

  12. #12
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,554

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    Hopefully he doesn’t change his mind after Julio goes off this weekend for 220 and 3 TDs.
    Haha yeah, no kidding.

  13. #13
    FatNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    443

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    Hopefully he doesn’t change his mind after Julio goes off this weekend for 220 and 3 TDs.
    For DFS purposes I so hope this happens!

  14. #14
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,110

    Quote Originally Posted by FatNate View Post
    For DFS purposes I so hope this happens!
    Me too

  15. #15
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,554

    Well it's official:

    I received Julio Jones and gave up McCaffrey and Jeffery.

    Hope the change of locker rooms get's Julio going. Saw that yesterday his HC said something about getting him more targets. Be great if he blew up against the Patriots this week.

Top