Grade My Draft

  1. #1
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,862

    Grade My Draft

    Figured we could have a "Grade My Draft" thread where guys could post their teams from different leagues they are in and see what others think about how you did. I would think it's important to provide some details of the type of league you play in to help.

    I'll start...
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,862

    12 Teams. Standard Scoring. Keeper League (You can keep 0-2). We start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR), 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST

    WR Mike Evans (Keeper)
    RB Todd Gurley
    WR Doug Baldwin
    RB Christian McCaffrey
    RB Ty Montgomery
    RB Mark Ingram
    QB Russell Wilson
    WR Jamison Crowder
    WR Brandon Marshall
    TE Zach Ertz
    RB Thomas Rawls
    WR Cameron Meredith
    K Matt Bryant
    QB Matthew Stafford
    RB Deandre Washington
    Bills Defense (They play the Jets at home week 1 and I usually go D by committee)

    Thoughts?

  3. #3
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,300

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Figured we could have a "Grade My Draft" thread where guys could post their teams from different leagues they are in and see what others think about how you did. I would think it's important to provide some details of the type of league you play in to help.

    I'll start...
    Probably should include your draft position as well. If you pick first and you're drafting Dak Prescott, then your grade should reflect that bonehead move.

  4. #4
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,300

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    12 Teams. Standard Scoring. Keeper League (You can keep 0-2). We start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR), 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST

    WR Mike Evans (Keeper)
    RB Todd Gurley
    WR Doug Baldwin
    RB Christian McCaffrey
    RB Ty Montgomery
    RB Mark Ingram
    QB Russell Wilson
    WR Jamison Crowder
    WR Brandon Marshall
    TE Zach Ertz
    RB Thomas Rawls
    WR Cameron Meredith
    K Matt Bryant
    QB Matthew Stafford
    RB Deandre Washington
    Bills Defense (They play the Jets at home week 1 and I usually go D by committee)

    Thoughts?
    Looks like a good roster. QB's are solid. RB depth is good. WR's look to be a boom or bust group. You've only got one TE, K, D, so you'll have to pick up some scraps for the bye week. Got a couple scrubs that will allow you to make a move if you need to due to injury.

    Guessing you were in the 9-10 range in the draft.

    I'm going with a solid B.

  5. #5
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,862

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    Looks like a good roster. QB's are solid. RB depth is good. WR's look to be a boom or bust group. You've only got one TE, K, D, so you'll have to pick up some scraps for the bye week. Got a couple scrubs that will allow you to make a move if you need to due to injury.

    Guessing you were in the 9-10 range in the draft.

    I'm going with a solid B.
    Yeah, I should have mentioned draft position as well. I did pick 9th.

    I was thrilled to grab Wilson as late as I did. My WR's will be interesting but I was glad to get Crowder and Meredith when I did. Not really sure what to expect out of them, but happy to get #1 WRs on their teams.

    I usually roll with a D by committee and use roster moves to fill in byes for TE, K, and D when needed. I like my chances but we'll see.

  6. #6
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,862

    I encourage others to post their drafts from outside of BGP too, gives us something to talk about in here.

  7. #7
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    34,001

    I think it looks solid but for a Standard league, you took two RBs that take a hit in that scoring setup.

  8. #8
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    8,997

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I encourage others to post their drafts from outside of BGP too, gives us something to talk about in here.
    Got 3 drafts between Sunday/Monday. Somehow I'm in a 10 man league, a 12, a 14 and our 16 man league. No consistency among my leagues.

  9. #9
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,968

    Got my 10 team PPR league draft tonight. It's also a 2 QB league.

    You can keep one player, with the stipulation that whoever you decide to keep, you lose your draft pick in the round that you drafted them last year. If you keep a FA acquisition you lose a 10th round pick.

    I kept Spencer Ware in exchange for my 10th round pick.

  10. #10
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,968

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Got my 10 team PPR league draft tonight. It's also a 2 QB league.

    You can keep one player, with the stipulation that whoever you decide to keep, you lose your draft pick in the round that you drafted them last year. If you keep a FA acquisition you lose a 10th round pick.

    I kept Spencer Ware in exchange for my 10th round pick.
    So ended up with the 8th pick & here's how it shook out....

    1st Rd: Julio Jones
    2nd Rd: Jordy Nelson
    3rd Rd: Todd Gurley
    4th Rd: Jameis Winston
    5th Rd: Greg Olsen
    6th Rd: Derek Carr
    7th Rd: Michael Crabtree
    8th Rd: Sam Bradford
    9th Rd: Duke Johnson
    10th Rd: Spencer Ware (my keeper)
    11th Rd: Eddie Lacy
    12th Rd: Minnesota D/ST
    13th Rd: Donte Moncrief
    14th Rd: Dwayne Allen
    15th Rd: Ryan Succop

    Yahoo gave me a B+ and the second best draft in the league....

    I think my RBs are bad if it were a traditional scoring league, but in a PPR league they're solid. My WRs/TE are elite, and my QBs are better than most. I like how it played out.

    Forgot to add it's a QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, D/ST, K starting lineup...

  11. #11
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,862

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    So ended up with the 8th pick & here's how it shook out....

    1st Rd: Julio Jones
    2nd Rd: Jordy Nelson
    3rd Rd: Todd Gurley
    4th Rd: Jameis Winston
    5th Rd: Greg Olsen
    6th Rd: Derek Carr
    7th Rd: Michael Crabtree
    8th Rd: Sam Bradford
    9th Rd: Duke Johnson
    10th Rd: Spencer Ware (my keeper)
    11th Rd: Eddie Lacy
    12th Rd: Minnesota D/ST
    13th Rd: Donte Moncrief
    14th Rd: Dwayne Allen
    15th Rd: Ryan Succop

    Yahoo gave me a B+ and the second best draft in the league....

    I think my RBs are bad if it were a traditional scoring league, but in a PPR league they're solid. My WRs/TE are elite, and my QBs are better than most. I like how it played out.

    Forgot to add it's a QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, D/ST, K starting lineup...
    What about your RBs makes them solid for a PPR? Gurley doesn't seem to catch a lot of balls. Lacy doesn't. Sounds like Ware is on the verge of replacement. Duke Johnson is a good PPR RB. I almost think your RBs look better for a traditional lol.

    I feel like you had a solid first 7 rounds.

  12. #12
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    No time to enjoy #4, It's on the path to #5...
    Posts
    60,968

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    What about your RBs makes them solid for a PPR? Gurley doesn't seem to catch a lot of balls. Lacy doesn't. Sounds like Ware is on the verge of replacement. Duke Johnson is a good PPR RB. I almost think your RBs look better for a traditional lol.

    I feel like you had a solid first 7 rounds.
    IMO Gurley should see about 4 catches a game. Duke Johnson is projected for over 600 receiving yards. If Ware gets replaced, it could throw a wrench into things, but I don't buy it. I think he'll see 15-20 touches a week.

  13. #13
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,862

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    IMO Gurley should see about 4 catches a game. Duke Johnson is projected for over 600 receiving yards. If Ware gets replaced, it could throw a wrench into things, but I don't buy it. I think he'll see 15-20 touches a week.
    I sure hope you are right about Ware. I'm screwed in our BGP league of all the hype around Hunt comes to fruition.

    I think you probably got some good value for Lacy.

  14. #14
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    8,997

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I sure hope you are right about Ware. I'm screwed in our BGP league of all the hype around Hunt comes to fruition.

    I think you probably got some good value for Lacy.
    You did this!

  15. #15
    statman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Covington, KY
    Posts
    2,699

    I have a draft tomorrow night for a 8 team league, 18 man roster, no kickers or defense. We start 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 2 TEs, and 1 RB/WR/TE. It is a hybrid dynasty/keeper league. Every team bids on 3 players at the start of the season (any positions). The bidded players cannot be kept the following season. We have to keep 3 players the following season (maximum 1 TE and/or 1 QB) and only 1 of those can be from Rounds 1-3 of the draft proper.

    My bidded players are Aaron Rodgers, Jimmy Graham, and Dalvin Cook and I am drafting #3 in the snake draft.

    If I get the chance, I will post my draft results at the conclusion of the draft.

Top