BGP Fantasy Football League ~ 2017 – Off Season Discussion

Page 5 of I'm later than I wanted to be with getting this started this year. I've had my hands full. Mom went into the hospital on the 19th of February and just ... 93 comments | 3409 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    sumoroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Maysville, KY
    Posts
    5,798

    Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    @Godot I'm interested in a return, unless you would have an influx of newbies wanting to play
    Ditto, so am I!!!!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,468

    Ok @Godot it's time for you to publish the season timeline.

  3. #63
    Godot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Edmonson County
    Posts
    17,414

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    Ok @Godot it's time for you to publish the season timeline.
    Not yet. The NFL hasn't released their schedule, so I can't set dates on our timeline yet.


    Actually looked at getting it done last week and realized I was early. I guess I could do something based on an NFL start date of Sept 7th and change everything if I need to.

  4. #64
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,111

    Quote Originally Posted by Godot View Post
    Not yet. The NFL hasn't released their schedule, so I can't set dates on our timeline yet.
    I'm waiting on it to fully book a trip to Antigua. When is that usually released?

  5. #65
    cowboy90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    450

    Mid to late April.

  6. #66
    Godot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Edmonson County
    Posts
    17,414

    2017 Tentative Timeline

    Now that we are using the MFL Site to draft, we have the luxury of starting later in the year.

    June 23rd – Get the ball rolling: who’s in, who’s out (finding out who’s returning)

    July 9th – Deadline for returning to league, either by PM or posting here, and also logging into the MFL site

    July 10th to July 16th – Taking applications for new members (we have six openings at the current time)

    July 17th to Until Completed – Reviewing applicants and deciding on the new members

    TBD (immediately following the selection process) – New members rolling for order and picking their teams.

    August 6th – 8:00 PM CST ~ Deadline for declaring your keepers

    August 13th – 7:00 AM CST ~ Start of the Draft (Using the MFL site)
    - After one week of drafting, if the estimated completion date (ECD) extends to 9/10 or later the draft clock will change to 18 hours (without notice) until the ECD falls back to 9/4.
    - On August 26th, if the estimated completion date (ECD) extends to 9/7 or later the draft clock will change to 12 hours (without notice) until the ECD falls back to 9/4.
    - On September 1st, if the estimated completion date (ECD) extends to 9/7 or later the draft clock will change to 6 hours (without notice) until the ECD falls back to 9/4
    - On September 6th, if the estimated completion date (ECD) extends to 9/7 or later the draft clock will change to 2 hours (without notice) until end of the Draft.

    Sept 7th – first NFL game (Teams to be announced later)

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    21,927

    Soooooo far away!!

  8. #68
    Godot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Edmonson County
    Posts
    17,414

    Quote Originally Posted by SvFan4life View Post
    Soooooo far away!!
    Keepers due in 137 days

  9. #69
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,160

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I've always had a hard time implementing PPR into a keeper league after it's already been begun and established.

    Almost have to redraft in my opinion.

    My big time money league voted to add PPR to our scoring and we re-drafted entirely last year. A lot of folks liked re-drafting as it made things more equal for those who weren't original members in the league and folks who didn't like their keeper choices were able to start all over. I'm good either way. Just offering up my experience with transforming over to PPR. My money league loved it.

  10. #70
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,111

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    My big time money league voted to add PPR to our scoring and we re-drafted entirely last year. A lot of folks liked re-drafting as it made things more equal for those who weren't original members in the league and folks who didn't like their keeper choices were able to start all over. I'm good either way. Just offering up my experience with transforming over to PPR. My money league loved it.
    Yeah, I'm not opposed at all to redraft, I just feel like you'd have to to implement PPR. Not sure Spiceman would have any interest in any of that haha!

  11. #71
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,160

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not opposed at all to redraft, I just feel like you'd have to to implement PPR. Not sure Spiceman would have any interest in any of that haha!
    Truth. The only way it works is to redraft. Not sure folks would be up for that in this league.

  12. #72
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    8,592

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Truth. The only way it works is to redraft. Not sure folks would be up for that in this league.
    Just nabbed a top 5 fantasy player for the next 7 years. I want no part of that redraft

  13. #73
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #teamstaywoke
    Posts
    83,160

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Just nabbed a top 5 fantasy player for the next 7 years. I want no part of that redraft
    I feel you there!

  14. #74
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    69,588

    Well if we put it to a vote the people with no good keepers will outweigh the people with great ones.

  15. #75
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    Deplorable
    Posts
    21,411

    IMO, if we want to do PPR, we have to give a seasons notice. Such as, if we want PPR, it needs to be implemented in 2018 but with the knowledge prior to the 2017 draft, thus allowing owners to adjust, draft and trade strategy with plenty of foresight.

Top