Why Is Lloyd Even A Part Of This?

Page 2 of What do the higher-ups at Lloyd hope to gain by backing Prop 20? It makes no sense to me at all...... 30 comments | 2475 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    What do the higher-ups at Lloyd hope to gain by backing Prop 20? It makes no sense to me at all...
    Its your fault since your their main rep on the board.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by shooter
    Would at recent student athlete who had gone to Elementary and JHS in LLoyd's district who decided to attend another school have anything to do with this?
    Maybe. I'm hearing all kinds of "excuses" the more I dig into this...

  3. #18
    BigColonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04
    Posts
    4,788

    Quote Originally Posted by shooter
    Would at recent student athlete who had gone to Elementary and JHS in LLoyd's district who decided to attend another school have anything to do with this?
    Supposing it is, the passing of 20 isn't going to gain Lloyd students. They are still going to go to other schools if they want to.

  4. #19
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Let's say St Henry, NCC and CCH are Lloyd's "problem". It seems the 20 mile radius (or something like it) will pass long before anything like Prop 20, so Lloyd would be right in the cross hairs of a more defined Private "search". I'd be more interested to see how Lloyd votes on the 20 mile radius...

  5. #20
    bulldog77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    No. Ky.
    Posts
    3,229

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Let's say St Henry, NCC and CCH are Lloyd's "problem". It seems the 20 mile radius (or something like it) will pass long before anything like Prop 20, so Lloyd would be right in the cross hairs of a more defined Private "search". I'd be more interested to see how Lloyd votes on the 20 mile radius...

    You are precisely correct on this one!

  6. #21
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog77
    You are precisely correct on this one!
    The same goes for a lot of Schools in NKY's vote on the 20 mile radius...

  7. #22
    bulldog77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    No. Ky.
    Posts
    3,229

    I would be ashamed of any NKY school that would support this preposterous proposal. I'm pretty certain I know at least one small school on the river that won't be supporting it.

  8. #23
    LetterSweater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04
    Location
    At the intersection of Taylorsville and Breckinridge
    Posts
    279

    Just a thought.......shoot it as you like....

    Does a public school have to be directly affected to vote a certain way? The sincerest form of support is making a decision that benefits those around you instead of yourself. Could this be the case with Lloyd? You guys are closer to that particular situation than I am, so I would like to hear your thoughts on my possible scenario. You may have further information.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Let's say St Henry, NCC and CCH are Lloyd's "problem". It seems the 20 mile radius (or something like it) will pass long before anything like Prop 20, so Lloyd would be right in the cross hairs of a more defined Private "search". I'd be more interested to see how Lloyd votes on the 20 mile radius...
    IMO the 20-mile limit will have zero impact on NKY sports.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Women - CLASS AA - Team Rankings - 18 Events Scored
    ================================================== =============================
    1) Paducah Tilghman 120.50 2) WARREN EAST 60
    3) RUSSELL 59 4) LLOYD MEMORIAL 42

    Men - CLASS AA - Team Rankings - 18 Events Scored
    ================================================== =============================
    1) Paducah Tilghman 156.50 2) LLOYD MEMORIAL 72
    3) HIGHLANDS 68 4) ROWAN COUNTY 50


    There isn't a private in either Top 10. The Girls finished 2nd and the Boys 4th in CC last year as well, and no privates finished ahead of them...
    I assumed (incorrectly) that they were up against the Cru in track.

    So, to answer your original question - no clue.

  11. #26
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by cshs81
    I assumed (incorrectly) that they were up against the Cru in track.

    So, to answer your original question - no clue.
    The "Cru" will be a AA school in the near future.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by BigStud
    The "Cru" will be a AA school in the near future.

    So maybe its a preemptive strike by Lloyd.

  13. #28
    BGGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,572

    Quote Originally Posted by cshs81
    So maybe its a preemptive strike by Lloyd.
    I think it's a joke for them!! They'll just lose the St. Henry kids to Boone & Dixie, unless CovCath would go big!!

  14. #29
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog77
    I would be ashamed of any NKY school that would support this preposterous proposal. I'm pretty certain I know at least one small school on the river that won't be supporting it.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    May 03
    Location
    NorthernKY
    Posts
    285

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog77
    I would be ashamed of any NKY school that would support this preposterous proposal. I'm pretty certain I know at least one small school on the river that won't be supporting it.
    I this a school that has a good "vue"!!!???

Top