What if "THEY" win?

Page 2 of What if New Cath, Owensboro Cath, Lex. Cath and Trinity or X all win their respective classes? How soon will it be for some schools to flood the KHSAA ... 37 comments | 1594 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    gamer31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Hill's Heroes!!!
    Posts
    787

    Right on SM!!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer31
    Right on SM!!!!
    I do have a question. Some people were getting offended by someone (not sure who) calling them "Catholics." However, LexCath chanted all night, "Let's go Catholic." What's the difference? Is it just one of life's double standards?

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I do have a question. Some people were getting offended by someone (not sure who) calling them "Catholics." However, LexCath chanted all night, "Let's go Catholic." What's the difference? Is it just one of life's double standards?

    Because "Catholic" is part of the school's name.


    It would be different if Trinity was chanting the same.

  4. #19
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    Because "Catholic" is part of the school's name.


    It would be different if Trinity was chanting the same.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    Southgate
    Posts
    6,592

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I do have a question. Some people were getting offended by someone (not sure who) calling them "Catholics." However, LexCath chanted all night, "Let's go Catholic." What's the difference? Is it just one of life's double standards?
    I have never heard that chant here from NKY Catholic high schools. Maybe because there are so many of them here in NKY and there is only one Catholic High School in Lexington and therefore they use the chant there. I know thoughthat when the announcer at the football game that NCC played at Fairview last year we had to put the PA announcer straight that we were not Newport but Newport Central Catholic when he persisted to make that mistake. Every time he said Newport we chimed in Catholic very loudly

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Time and Relaive Dimensions in Space
    Posts
    16,905

    This thought had occurred to me last week, I was not about to post it as I didn;t want to really stir the pot, but either way I would find it to be quite interesting if it indeed came to pass.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,526

    Quote Originally Posted by dr1
    I think it will be time to have a concelebrated High Mass with the Archbishop of Louisville, the Archbishop of Lexington, the Archbishop of Covington, and the Archbishop of Owensboro!

    Shoot, we may have to fly Pope Benedict XVI in.

  8. #23
    XgradROCKdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Posts
    1,721

    ^ Free brats and mini bingo cards!!!!

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Time and Relaive Dimensions in Space
    Posts
    16,905

    Quote Originally Posted by XgradROCKdad
    ^ Free brats and mini bingo cards!!!!

    World's biggest Fish Fry!!!

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by PepRock01
    World's biggest Fish Fry!!!

    Can't we make it a picnic so we can have a cake wheel?

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Time and Relaive Dimensions in Space
    Posts
    16,905

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    Can't we make it a picnic so we can have a cake wheel?

    Why not?!?!

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jun 04
    Posts
    196

    Laugh now but there are schools and administrations that serious about seperation and will continue to push for it until thei concerns are addressed. The Lex Cath situation will further the argument as well. All the discussion seems to be about football but in the minds of those who want to seperate, football is just part of it. It is the track, golf, baseball, and all the other non-revenue sports that they feel private shools win more than their share of the championships that adds to their disastisfaction. :

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by xtrabasehit
    Laugh now but there are schools and administrations that serious about seperation and will continue to push for it until thei concerns are addressed. The Lex Cath situation will further the argument as well. All the discussion seems to be about football but in the minds of those who want to seperate, football is just part of it. It is the track, golf, baseball, and all the other non-revenue sports that they feel private shools win more than their share of the championships that adds to their disastisfaction. :

    We're laughing, because at this point, we're tired of arguing. I know that I've been arguing this issue for 2 years on BGP alone.

  14. #29
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,940

    Beechwood would never buy into that. We like a good fish fry on Fridays. Unfortunately, we were not cooking enough this year!

  15. #30
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,309

    Well, now they have their chance. All 5 are playing at Papa John's next weekend.

Top