Page 8 of We can discuss all the loopholes of Florida law, but I think the Casey Anthony case brought about some interesting points on proper investigation protocol. This case the same as I have heard they are trying to cover all bases before sloppily handling Zimmerman. That is getting lost in this whole drama and it has shifted directly to race. These are just a couple of articles I read this morning to share. Trayvon Martin: We must stand up for our black sons - baltimoresun.com Zimmerman... 185 comments | 4539 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #141
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Rebel Arena
    Posts
    53,691
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    What evidence? The only evidence they had was Zimmerman's story and an eye witness that saw half of what happened. And the part he/she saw supported Zimmerman. Everything is your post quote here is assumptions nothing more. ZERO evidence to support any of it. There is nothing to suggest there was contact initiate by Zimmerman. And unless Zimmerman put his hands on Martin first there is no self defense or stand your ground for Martin. The only evidence they have, at least that's been released, suggests the exact opposite of what you're saying. It suggests that Martin attacked and beat Zimmerman. You want to throw Zimmerman in jail because you don't like him and you've been played by the media. I will say it again, let the process work and see where it goes. Quit rushing to judgement and convicting people based on what media outlets like ABC are feeding you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    A lot of people and posters have been played by the media.

    Isn't all of the info coming from the media and not just one side of the stoy?
    Advertisement

  2. #142
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Rebel Arena
    Posts
    53,691
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    What evidence? The only evidence they had was Zimmerman's story and an eye witness that saw half of what happened. And the part he/she saw supported Zimmerman. Everything is your post quote here is assumptions nothing more. ZERO evidence to support any of it. There is nothing to suggest there was contact initiate by Zimmerman. And unless Zimmerman put his hands on Martin first there is no self defense or stand your ground for Martin. The only evidence they have, at least that's been released, suggests the exact opposite of what you're saying. It suggests that Martin attacked and beat Zimmerman. You want to throw Zimmerman in jail because you don't like him and you've been played by the media. I will say it again, let the process work and see where it goes. Quit rushing to judgement and convicting people based on what media outlets like ABC are feeding you.
    What about the police chief being let go because of how he handled the investigation? Does that not count for anything?

  3. #143
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Isn't all of the info coming from the media and not just one side of the stoy?
    I dont know what to believe or think except the media plays their own horn. (Ratings)

  4. #144
    Premium Member woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Corner of walk and don't walk
    Posts
    15,565
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Isn't all of the info coming from the media and not just one side of the stoy?
    Not saying otherwise. My point about the media is the pictures that are being shown of both, the doctored 911 call, and video.

  5. #145
    Premium Member woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Corner of walk and don't walk
    Posts
    15,565
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    What about the police chief being let go because of how he handled the investigation? Does that not count for anything?
    I don't know does it? I don't think we know enough info about any of this to form an opinion on that. Wasn't it the police chief that got the feds involved?

  6. #146
    Moderator True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The land of Blue and Gold
    Posts
    17,164
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    What evidence? The only evidence they had was Zimmerman's story and an eye witness that saw half of what happened. And the part he/she saw supported Zimmerman. Everything is your post quote here is assumptions nothing more. ZERO evidence to support any of it. There is nothing to suggest there was contact initiate by Zimmerman. And unless Zimmerman put his hands on Martin first there is no self defense or stand your ground for Martin. The only evidence they have, at least that's been released, suggests the exact opposite of what you're saying. It suggests that Martin attacked and beat Zimmerman. You want to throw Zimmerman in jail because you don't like him and you've been played by the media. I will say it again, let the process work and see where it goes. Quit rushing to judgement and convicting people based on what media outlets like ABC are feeding you.
    You rush to judgement every time you say that Martin attacked Zimmerman. No evidence suggests that. Evidence does suggest that, besides the fatal bullet wound, that Zimmerman got the worse end of a physical confrontation. It does not suggest who caused it, other than Zimmerman did get out of his vehicle.
    UKMustangFan likes this.

  7. #147
    Premium Member woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Corner of walk and don't walk
    Posts
    15,565
    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    You rush to judgement every time you say that Martin attacked Zimmerman. No evidence suggests that. Evidence does suggest that, besides the fatal bullet wound, that Zimmerman got the worse end of a physical confrontation. It does not suggest who caused it, other than Zimmerman did get out of his vehicle.
    Please show me where I stated it Martin attacking Zimmerman was a fact? Last time I checked getting out of your vehicle is not a crime. It also doesn't give Martin the right to attack Zimmerman (if that is what happened, not saying it is).

  8. #148
    Moderator True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The land of Blue and Gold
    Posts
    17,164
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Please show me where I stated it Martin attacking Zimmerman was a fact? Last time I checked getting out of your vehicle is not a crime. It also doesn't give Martin the right to attack Zimmerman (if that is what happened, not saying it is).
    Yet, you say it all the time and get on everyone else about their own speculation. The inference is that what you are saying is based on evidence while others are jumping to conclusions.
    Habib likes this.

  9. #149
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Not saying otherwise. My point about the media is the pictures that are being shown of both, the doctored 911 call, and video.
    The media keeps showing Trayvon when he was like 12 or 14 yrs old. In the picts he looks like a little innocent kid, which is what the media wants you to think. But he is a 17 yr old kid who dont look like a little kid anymore. It is portrayed like he was some little kid out looking to help an old woman cross the street. The only person who knows what he was up to is dead.

  10. #150
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Rebel Arena
    Posts
    53,691
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    I dont know what to believe or think except the media plays their own horn. (Ratings)
    Me either. That's disheartening.

  11. #151
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Rebel Arena
    Posts
    53,691
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    I don't know does it? I don't think we know enough info about any of this to form an opinion on that. Wasn't it the police chief that got the feds involved?
    I'm unsure. I was just thinking that they may know more about the situation since they are there. I understand them letting him go because of the heat they were getting but if they didn't do a thorough investigation themselves and tried him from info from the media then that is a problem.

  12. #152
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Rebel Arena
    Posts
    53,691
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Not saying otherwise. My point about the media is the pictures that are being shown of both, the doctored 911 call, and video.
    On this rare ocassion I agree with mountainref in that the media has done a poor job.

    I agree with mexitucky that is a disservice to both parties.
    rockmom likes this.

  13. #153
    Premium Member woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Corner of walk and don't walk
    Posts
    15,565
    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    Yet, you say it all the time and get on everyone else about their own speculation. The inference is that what you are saying is based on evidence while others are jumping to conclusions.
    I say it as rebuttal to the assumption that Zimmerman attacked Martin, or cornered Martin or chased Martin or any of other assumptions made on here that there is zero evidence to support. The only account of what happened is what Zimmerman said happened, that Martin attacked him.

    I'm no more innocent then anyone else. When this first happened I jumped on the "hang Zimmerman" bandwagon. However as more and more came out it started painting a different picture. That's when I decided to step back and wait for it to play out. I've also maintained that I would have a hard time not finding something to charge Zimmerman with. Had he made the phone call and let the police do there job we never hear of either of these names. If he's not legally responsible he is at least morally responsible.

  14. #154
    Premium Member woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Corner of walk and don't walk
    Posts
    15,565
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    On this rare ocassion I agree with mountainref in that the media has done a poor job.

    I agree with mexitucky that is a disservice to both parties.
    The way this has played out from day one has been a disservice to Martin, Zimmerman, and the system. And in the end there will be no winners.

  15. #155
    Moderator bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    32,262
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    The way this has played out from day one has been a disservice to Martin, Zimmerman, and the system. And in the end there will be no winners.
    And this was my original intent with starting this thread. It has become such a circus that I feel justice will never prevail for either side.
    woodsrider and rockmom like this.

  16. #156
    Premium Member mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    6,517
    Just think how many people that dont know how the media has portrayed it and still dont have a clue about this. At least we on here can have a discussion, agree or disagree and find out about what is really happening.

  17. #157
    Premium Member woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Corner of walk and don't walk
    Posts
    15,565
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    ^Have you listened to the recording? It seems pretty clear to me. And I had no idea he said it when I first listened to the tape. Heard it clear as day the first time I listened.
    Looks like he may not have said "coon".
    CNN Enhances Zimmerman 911 Again, Finds He May Have Not Used Racial Slur | Video | TheBlaze.com

  18. #158
    Moderator bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    32,262
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Wow. That is plausible given that is was an unseasonably frigid night with rain.

    What has struck me so much about the racial angle and it being odd, if this guy had the gumption to use the word "coon" during a dispatch call, you would have thought you would have heard a lot more about this guy being an overt racist from others.

    Again, I really have no idea. It does not legitimize the outcome, obviously.

  19. #159
    Premium Member halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    46,858
    Many people have already made up their minds regarding what he said, and what he did. And by he I mean Zimmerman. And that link probably won't change their minds.

  20. #160
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Rebel Arena
    Posts
    53,691
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2457792395.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	36292