Page 4 of We can discuss all the loopholes of Florida law, but I think the Casey Anthony case brought about some interesting points on proper investigation protocol. This case the same as I have heard they are trying to cover all bases before sloppily handling Zimmerman. That is getting lost in this whole drama and it has shifted directly to race. These are just a couple of articles I read this morning to share. Trayvon Martin: We must stand up for our black sons - baltimoresun.com Zimmerman... 185 comments | 4219 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    11,705
    Quote Originally Posted by FC View Post
    Because it is part of the official police report. Yes, it is Zimmerman’s statement, but his injuries would indicate he was attacked.

    If someone hit me and then was on top of me slamming my head against the ground, I would probably fear for my life and if I had a gun I guarantee I would use it.

    One point we can agree on is I don’t know the whole truth either, but there seems to be a lot more to this case than the sensational media headlines of “white man kills unarmed black kid” indicates. I’m willing to let the investigation takes its course before hanging Zimmerman in the public square, which is what some seem to want.

    VIDEO: Surveillance Footage Shows No Bleeding, Bruising On George Zimmerman | National Confidential

    Does he look like he was "attacked?" It's not easy to tell but his image on the video doesn't look like someone who just had a scuffle for his life and had to shoot someone. Maybe it's just me.
    acemona and AverageJoesGym like this.

  2. #62
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    11,705
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Seems like Trayvon is being put into a new light.

    Got caught with pot residu.
    Got caught with flathead screwdriver and women's jewlery
    Vandalizing lockers with graffitii

    Plus show us an updated photo of him not one of him when he was like 12 or 13 yrs old.
    Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com
    You might also want to check into Mr. Zimmerman's past as well.

  3. #63
    Moderator bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    31,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    VIDEO: Surveillance Footage Shows No Bleeding, Bruising On George Zimmerman | National Confidential

    Does he look like he was "attacked?" It's not easy to tell but his image on the video doesn't look like someone who just had a scuffle for his life and had to shoot someone. Maybe it's just me.
    I am not on Zimmerman's side here, but that video is shown 4 hours following the incident. According to the police report he received first aid treatment. I cannot draw the conclusion from this video if any type of altercation occurred or did not.

  4. #64
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    11,705
    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I am not on Zimmerman's side here, but that video is shown 4 hours following the incident. According to the police report he received first aid treatment. I cannot draw the conclusion from this video if any type of altercation occurred or did not.

    I have a problem with his demeanor, no blood on any clothing and there are no visible marks of any kind. First Aid or not I would think the nose would be swollen, and anytime I've had a facial (or any contact) with some concrete there are scrapes and marks that only long time can clear up. That's what is making me suspicious of the whole affair.

  5. #65
    Premium Member mexitucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    10,537
    Welp, the media has basically ensured that any impartial jurist will have had to have been in North Korea for the past two weeks.

  6. #66
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Democracy is so overrated #teamRandy
    Posts
    46,775
    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Welp, the media has basically ensured that any impartial jurist will have had to have been in North Korea for the past two weeks.
    Absolutely. I could see it being deadlocked. Whichever lawyer wins the jury pool selection part of the process wins. I can honestly say I would make a decision based on the evidence presented to me but I think a large percentage of people already have their minds made up regardless of what truths the evidence may hold.

  7. #67
    Premium Member woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Corner of walk and don't walk
    Posts
    14,889
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    ^Have you listened to the recording? It seems pretty clear to me. And I had no idea he said it when I first listened to the tape. Heard it clear as day the first time I listened.
    Unless you heard a different recording then I did it's far from clear as day. He said f-ing something. Either coon or goon. It's as to guess which one.

  8. #68
    Premium Member Bluegrasscard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Bluegrass Region
    Posts
    5,943
    The authorities have allowed this to become a national circus. By not getting this case into the justice system quickly it is now a mess.

    Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted to Charge George Zimmerman With Manslaughter - ABC News

    But Sanford, Fla., Investigator Chris Serino was instructed to not press charges against Zimmerman because the state attorney's office headed by Norman Wolfinger determined there wasn't enough evidence to lead to a conviction, the sources told ABC News.
    Isn't the bolded part of the quote from the article above is what grand juries are for?

    Let Zimmerman be convicted or cleared via the process - not the media and national politicians.

  9. #69
    Moderator bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    31,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    I have a problem with his demeanor, no blood on any clothing and there are no visible marks of any kind. First Aid or not I would think the nose would be swollen, and anytime I've had a facial (or any contact) with some concrete there are scrapes and marks that only long time can clear up. That's what is making me suspicious of the whole affair.
    Is one allowed to change clothes or anything in the hours following an investigation? I am not saying that to defend him, I honestly do not know. If they had examined and treated him would he be allowed to change?

  10. #70
    Premium Member woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Corner of walk and don't walk
    Posts
    14,889
    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Is one allowed to change clothes or anything in the hours following an investigation? I am not saying that to defend him, I honestly do not know. If they had examined and treated him would he be allowed to change?
    I'm not sure why there's the expectation that there should be blood on his shirt. How do we know his jacket wasn't zipped up with fight occurred. Also when they get him out of the car one of the officer clearly looks at something on the back of his head.

  11. #71
    Moderator bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    31,271
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    I'm not sure why there's the expectation that there should be blood on his shirt. How do we know his jacket wasn't zipped up with fight occurred. Also when they get him out of the car one of the officer clearly looks at something on the back of his head.
    I am not trying to play Law and Order here, I was just genuinely curious. If you are in any altercation and blood all over your shirt, seems like you would be allowed to put on a fresh outfit once picture are taken, report is filed, etc. Especially 4 hours later. I would not want the crap all over me. From a health standpoint you would not want that all over you. More than anything if they were in as close proximity as everyone says they were, I find it hard nothing would be on him, grass stains or not. That is why I assumed he had changed by then.

    Not saying that is the case here. Just looking at the film, no it does not appear by what he is wearing anything occurred. But I am not going to base anything in this case off of that video.

  12. #72
    FC
    FC is offline
    Premium Member FC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Buckeyeville
    Posts
    2,999
    I wonder if there was a "mug shot"? Would there be if he wasn't arrested? I don't see anything on the video either, but it's hard to see much of anything from the angle and distance.

  13. #73
    Premium Member mexitucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    10,537
    Quote Originally Posted by FC View Post
    I wonder if there was a "mug shot"? Would there be if he wasn't arrested? I don't see anything on the video either, but it's hard to see much of anything from the angle and distance.
    I agree. People will see on the videow what they want to see. The video is so ambiguous it's like looking at a cloud and seeing a dragon, while I see a sailboat.

  14. #74
    Moderator True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The land of Blue and Gold
    Posts
    15,984
    Surely his shirt would be covered in blood if Martin was on top of him and he shot him in the chest. Why wouldn't his shirt be in evidence?

  15. #75
    Premium Member mexitucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    10,537
    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    Surely his shirt would be covered in blood if Martin was on top of him and he shot him in the chest. Why wouldn't his shirt be in evidence?
    My guess would be b/c he admitted to the killing already. I'm not sure what the shirt would prove unless one of the parties is trying to prove/disprove something in the struggle. Even then, I'm not sure how you could prove or disclaim a fact based on the shirt alone

  16. #76
    Premium Member woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Corner of walk and don't walk
    Posts
    14,889
    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    Surely his shirt would be covered in blood if Martin was on top of him and he shot him in the chest. Why wouldn't his shirt be in evidence?
    Not necessarily. I think people have an unrealistic idea of what a bullet does when hits flesh. You don't have the explosion of blood like on TV.

  17. #77
    FC
    FC is offline
    Premium Member FC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Buckeyeville
    Posts
    2,999
    Zimmerman’s coat is 80% red/orange. Was it open or closed during the attack? Depends on the type and caliber of the weapon and where he was shot. Usually, the exit wound , if there is one, is larger.

  18. #78
    Moderator True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The land of Blue and Gold
    Posts
    15,984
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    Not necessarily. I think people have an unrealistic idea of what a bullet does when hits flesh. You don't have the explosion of blood like on TV.
    Saturated, no, but there would be blood spatter.

  19. #79
    Premium Member UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    On the Path to #4...
    Posts
    42,700
    Shouldn't they be able to tell whether he shot Martin while on the ground or while standing?

  20. #80
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    "Cream Corn. I'm running thangs. I'm running thaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeangs."
    Posts
    416
    The funeral home director says Trayvon had no bruises or scuff marks on his body. Other than the 9 mm slug he took. Therefore, the funeral hoem director was suggesting that trayvon did not hit anyone hard enough to break a nose or anything like Zimmerman suggested. I'd say a caretaker at a funeral home is as credible as any forensics experts that will be involved in this investigation.