The truth over the Private Debate.

Page 6 of Originally Posted by TonyDanza Just something to think about.. There is a battle amongst T/X here with the catholic school kids. What some people don't... 89 comments | 4403 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by thomam
    KHSAA went after the little dog in Holy Cross. If they would have busted one of the bigger schools then that would have set an example. I'm still seeing stuff go on after that. It had no effect. It scared no one.
    Are you saying that the "Big Dogs" just haven't been caught. Clafiry please.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    Are you saying that the "Big Dogs" just haven't been caught. Clafiry please.
    Some on this board need to be checked on what their saying. Some have outright accused some privates of cheating without any proof. If your saying the Big Boys are cheating and have proof maybe you should call the KHSAA. Otherwise don't accuse people of cheating just because you can't beat them.

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    louisville
    Posts
    407

    I have not specified anyone and your not going to get me to specify anyone. I just said bigger schools.

  4. #79
    Thunderstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Southeastern Kentucky
    Posts
    490

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    So, the private schools must conform to principles we don't hold, because we, as institutions, are fewer in number than public schools? We do live in America, where religious freedom is protected, and the right to educate our chlidren in a faith-based school is protected. The fact that we are fewer in number does not mean that our children aren't due the same rights as public school children. You say some of the PRIVATE schools are doing something wrong, yet no admission of any of the public schools issues? How convenient.

    What you see as a problem everyone else sees as a solution. You won't be penalized, you will get the same rights as everyone else. Privates will still have their own championship, as will the public schools. Everyone will be happy. Level playing fields, what could be more fair. Nobody is taking your religious beliefs away from you. Show me in any catholic doctrine where it is stated that you have god given rights to play against public schools.

    I am not saying that the pubic schools don't court players but because of certain advantages of being a catholic school or protostant scholl for that matter have, it makes it tougher on the public schools that don't have some of those advantages. Give it some time and MAYBE the KHSAA will correct some of those problems too.

  5. #80
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    I don't want you to break the rules, but I also don't want you to make false claims.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    What you see as a problem everyone else sees as a solution. You won't be penalized, you will get the same rights as everyone else. Privates will still have their own championship, as will the public schools. Everyone will be happy. Level playing fields, what could be more fair. Nobody is taking your religious beliefs away from you. Show me in any catholic doctrine where it is stated that you have god given rights to play against public schools.

    I am not saying that the pubic schools don't court players but because of certain advantages of being a catholic school or protostant scholl for that matter have, it makes it tougher on the public schools that don't have some of those advantages. Give it some time and MAYBE the KHSAA will correct some of those problems too.

    So, as long as we stay inside the fence and be the public school definition of good until you guys decide you want to play us, everyone will be happy?

    What do you think about the private schools being "allowed" to play public schools in the regular season?

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by thomam
    I have not specified anyone and your not going to get me to specify anyone. I just said bigger schools.
    How weak

  8. #83
    Thunderstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Southeastern Kentucky
    Posts
    490

    Public school problems are not at issue here....it is the Public vs Private schools and the percieved advantages that privates have at issue.

    "Perception IS reality" author unknown.

    I can't help that.

  9. #84
    Thunderstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    Southeastern Kentucky
    Posts
    490

    Quote Originally Posted by BigStud
    Some on this board need to be checked on what their saying. Some have outright accused some privates of cheating without any proof. If your saying the Big Boys are cheating and have proof maybe you should call the KHSAA. Otherwise don't accuse people of cheating just because you can't beat them.
    I have never accused anyone of cheating and I don't think that is the issue here. BUT there are some advantages that the Private schools have. In fact I have gone out of my way to avoid using the "R" word.

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    In fact I have gone out of my way to avoid using the "R" word.
    Every reference of "R" or whatever, has the exact same effect.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    I have never accused anyone of cheating and I don't think that is the issue here. BUT there are some advantages that the Private schools have. In fact I have gone out of my way to avoid using the "R" word.
    From school to school, thoroughout the state, public, private, rural, urban, has some advantage over any other school, and the same applies for disadvantages.

  12. #87
    BGGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,572

    [QUOTE=Thunderstruck]It is easy, if you don't want to be banned changed what you do. Privates are the minority, and living in the greatest county in the world we do things democraticly, so if you don't want to be left out then change what you do, otherwise don't gripe and complain about the changes when they are voted in.

    I am sure those schools are doing something right but some are certianly do thing wrong and thus this is where the problem lies. The KHSAA refuses to addresss the problem, so the delegates will deal with it and nobody is going to be happy with the outcome, simply because the KHSAA refuses to ruffle feathers. Now the delegates are left to do the job of fixing the problem.

    I guess it is kind of like using a chain saw to clip a hang nail but the outcome will be the same. Problem solved.




    First you were worried about the big two in Louisville being so much bigger than the other 4-A schools. Now you're rambling on about "changing what we do", "majority rules", etc. Curious just what someone did that was wrong, and if so, who did it?? Like the others said, if you know of something a school did against the rules, report them!! Otherwise quit lumping all privates into one group, and then falsely accusing them of some mythical misdeeds!!

  13. #88
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    [QUOTE=BGGreen]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    It is easy, if you don't want to be banned changed what you do. Privates are the minority, and living in the greatest county in the world we do things democraticly, so if you don't want to be left out then change what you do, otherwise don't gripe and complain about the changes when they are voted in.

    I am sure those schools are doing something right but some are certianly do thing wrong and thus this is where the problem lies. The KHSAA refuses to addresss the problem, so the delegates will deal with it and nobody is going to be happy with the outcome, simply because the KHSAA refuses to ruffle feathers. Now the delegates are left to do the job of fixing the problem.

    I guess it is kind of like using a chain saw to clip a hang nail but the outcome will be the same. Problem solved.




    First you were worried about the big two in Louisville being so much bigger than the other 4-A schools. Now you're rambling on about "changing what we do", "majority rules", etc. Curious just what someone did that was wrong, and if so, who did it?? Like the others said, if you know of something a school did against the rules, report them!! Otherwise quit lumping all privates into one group, and then falsely accusing them of some mythical misdeeds!!

    Its very simple were not being punished for what we did wrong, but just for winning. If private schools weren't winning this would be a non-issue.

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    louisville
    Posts
    407

    Weak Rockpride?

    What if I told you the schools that were recruiting that I knew of were public? Your so convinced I'm going to name your school? Why?

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by thomam
    What if I told you the schools that were recruiting that I knew of were public? Your so convinced I'm going to name your school? Why?
    No, I just want you to be careful with accusations, without validation, I am not at all scared of implications towards Trinity, as I know exactly how our process works, and it is by the book.

Top