The truth over the Private Debate.

Page 4 of Originally Posted by TonyDanza Just something to think about.. There is a battle amongst T/X here with the catholic school kids. What some people don't... 89 comments | 4415 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by BigStud
    I'm tired of this argument. Sorry for the new topic. But I think the truth needs to be told how most people who come from private schools feel.

    I'm not going to Politicaly Correct and most people who know me, know I am not. I'm calling out every Public School AD who will vote for this. I think they are all yellow, chicken, scared, cowards, whatever word you can come across in your handy thesaursus fits here. There is no excuse for this whole proposal except for the fact these public school AD's are afraid to play certain private schools in athletic competion.

    Quit crying, quit complaning, and win. Bottom line win. I hope if this passes you feel good lieing at home sleeping at night knowing you won a meaningless title. While the best teams or competition are playing teams from other states.

    Cowards!

    Sorry if this offends anyone. Its not meant to. Its meant to show why this whole debate even exists.
    Sorry to disagree but I think it has more to do with government money. Since total enrollment affects budgets etc., the ADs are looking at what they are missing out on (cash wise). But remember, it's all for the children!

    I do agree that if it were to pass, the title would be meaningless. Any winner of that title would have to wonder "what if?".
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    TomSportsHack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Proudly flying the flag.
    Posts
    8,175

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym
    It should be real simple--all schools whether public or private with an open enrollment policy should be in a seperate class from the others...Regardless of size. Anything else is akin to picking your team first and playing what is left.
    The principal of Louisville's Eastern High School wrote his Proposal 1 (the "territory requirement" addition) in such a way that open-enrollment schools are almost completely exempted from his proposed territory requirement (anyplace within the boundaries of the school district).

    And from our Department of Comical Irony, Proposal 2 by Breckinridge County High School's principal would allow public high schools to steal student-athletes from local private K-8 schools which feed into a private HS that happens to be located outside the school district.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Location
    dawg pound!
    Posts
    2,568

    http://news.kypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll...52/1014/NEWS02

    Link to KY Post.

    Interesting that Coach Schneider acknowledges the Board, which he is a voting member of, knows that something has to be done. Without the rhetoric, this is one of the private school's own saying something has to happen, just not Prop. 20.

    If anything else, it is clear there will be changes coming over the next few years. In what form, not sure.

    Quote of Coach Schneider:

    The board is not really in agreement with doing it this way," Schneider said of the proposal. "They agree that something has to be done, but they're not agreeing with this. As one of the board members described it, 'It's a quick fix rather than solving the problem.'"

  4. #49
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverShadow
    http://news.kypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll...52/1014/NEWS02

    Link to KY Post.

    Interesting that Coach Schneider acknowledges the Board, which he is a voting member of, knows that something has to be done. Without the rhetoric, this is one of the private school's own saying something has to happen, just not Prop. 20.

    If anything else, it is clear there will be changes coming over the next few years. In what form, not sure.

    Quote of Coach Schneider:

    The board is not really in agreement with doing it this way," Schneider said of the proposal. "They agree that something has to be done, but they're not agreeing with this. As one of the board members described it, 'It's a quick fix rather than solving the problem.'"
    When public schools were dominating, I didn't hear them complainging about so called advantages of the private schools. Its called being a sore loser. If it passes , I hope if feels good to know you can't beat private schools.

  5. #50
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    So odd , but I like it all the same.....But they want us out...
    ...I wasn't talking about football players. The ones that sprang to mind immediatly was female and frail, and an baseball umpire...

  6. #51
    BGGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,572

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverShadow
    http://news.kypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll...52/1014/NEWS02

    Link to KY Post.

    Interesting that Coach Schneider acknowledges the Board, which he is a voting member of, knows that something has to be done. Without the rhetoric, this is one of the private school's own saying something has to happen, just not Prop. 20.

    If anything else, it is clear there will be changes coming over the next few years. In what form, not sure.

    Quote of Coach Schneider:

    The board is not really in agreement with doing it this way," Schneider said of the proposal. "They agree that something has to be done, but they're not agreeing with this. As one of the board members described it, 'It's a quick fix rather than solving the problem.'"
    I loved Coach Schneider's quote in another article. in discussing what the playoffs may look like if the few football playing privates were banished to their own playoffs, he said "It would end up LexCath vs. CovCath and Trinity vs. X, one heckova doubleheader, but not much of a playoffs!!"

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Jul 05
    Posts
    80

    This is really a good topic. I agree with some things.
    One is out of state players. I think they shouldn't be able to play for Ky State championship, while living out of State.
    Other one I have a big problem with is getting kids out of District. Lawsuits are going to fly over this. They say Cathloic schools have out of district players, true But a fact is that there was 81 players last year for Public schools playing out of District.
    I heard the vote will pass. but there is alot of work left to do after this. Court battles. Etc.
    I say schools like Eastern, Southern, Fern Creek, Oldham County, Etc. don't need to be playing Trinity or St. X. I think they need to redo the playoffs. Manual, Male, Trinity, St. X few others could be Louisville district, Then you have other schools out away from this city, in other Districts.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGuy41017
    Maybe some of these schools pushing this should look at themselves first, and see what is wrong with their schools and why students want to leave for another school. They won't because they don't want to face reality.

    What's wrong with some of these schools is where they are. Put any school in a community where 80 to 90 percent of the residents are poor and see what happens to its academic standing and parental support. You would have a different view of reality with that perspective.

  9. #54
    DELTA Rotary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Highview
    Posts
    542

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    What's wrong with some of these schools is where they are. Put any school in a community where 80 to 90 percent of the residents are poor and see what happens to its academic standing and parental support. You would have a different view of reality with that perspective.

    I can believe that. I came from a rural public school system with a majority of the families being poor. The advantage the privates have over this system is the communities fault not the privates. If you dont like it change it dont try and drag others down with you.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    What rural public system?

    If it's so easy, how do you propose changing it?

  11. #56
    DELTA Rotary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Highview
    Posts
    542

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    What rural public system?

    If it's so easy, how do you propose changing it?
    The parents in the community need to step up to the plate and get more involved. If they choose not to then they loose their right to complain about whats going on with their school.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    They aren't complaining about what's going on with their school. That's the whole point. They don't care.


    A lot of them are in jail, on drugs, missing or dead.

  13. #58
    DELTA Rotary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Highview
    Posts
    542

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    They aren't complaining about what's going on with their school. That's the whole point. They don't care.


    A lot of them are in jail, on drugs, missing or dead.
    I realize that. It is however an advantage that the area has limited themselves to. Its not something other schools have created, Its not something that they cant do its just a fact of life for that area. Im not dumb I know it will never change but it isnt that they physically cant. The priorities of that area arent on whats best for the school.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Harlan, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    4,554

    Quote Originally Posted by DELTA Rotary
    I realize that. It is however an advantage that the area has limited themselves to. Its not something other schools have created, Its not something that they cant do its just a fact of life for that area. Im not dumb I know it will never change but it isnt that they physically cant. The priorities of that area arent on whats best for the school.

    You say it's a fact of life, so that sounds like an unavoidable advantage.

    Sorry to get off the subject, but didn't they go over apostrophes and commas at St. X or wherever you attended?

  15. #60
    DELTA Rotary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Highview
    Posts
    542

    Quote Originally Posted by HDE
    You say it's a fact of lift, so that sounds like an unavoidable advantage.

    Sorry to get off the subject, but didn't they go over apostrophes and commas at St. X or wherever you attended?

    My grammar is pretty bad at times I admit, but I only attended X for 3 years you can't correct 10 years of mistakes in 3.

Top