The truth over the Private Debate.

Page 3 of Originally Posted by TonyDanza Just something to think about.. There is a battle amongst T/X here with the catholic school kids. What some people don't... 89 comments | 4401 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Time for another history lesson.

    At one time not so long ago if Trinity and X had met in the playoffs it would be the semifinals and a team from outside Jefferson County was guaranteed a spot in the final but that wasn't good enough for schools outside of Jefferson County. They were upset that a Jefferson County school was always in the championship game so the state was realligned. I clearly recall a coach being asked about the possibility that 2 schools from Louisville could be in the championship game and he said that two schools from outside Louisville could also be in the championship game and that it was up to those schools to get themselves there.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    BigColonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04
    Posts
    4,788

    Quote Originally Posted by BigStud
    I'm tired of this argument. Sorry for the new topic. But I think the truth needs to be told how most people who come from private schools feel.

    I'm not going to Politicaly Correct and most people who know me, know I am not. I'm calling out every Public School AD who will vote for this. I think they are all yellow, chicken, scared, cowards, whatever word you can come across in your handy thesaursus fits here. There is no excuse for this whole proposal except for the fact these public school AD's are afraid to play certain private schools in athletic competion.

    Quit crying, quit complaning, and win. Bottom line win. I hope if this passes you feel good lieing at home sleeping at night knowing you won a meaningless title. While the best teams or competition are playing teams from other states.

    Cowards!

    Sorry if this offends anyone. Its not meant to. Its meant to show why this whole debate even exists.

  3. #33
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,522

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    Time for another history lesson.

    At one time not so long ago if Trinity and X had met in the playoffs it would be the semifinals and a team from outside Jefferson County was guaranteed a spot in the final but that wasn't good enough for schools outside of Jefferson County. They were upset that a Jefferson County school was always in the championship game so the state was realligned. I clearly recall a coach being asked about the possibility that 2 schools from Louisville could be in the championship game and he said that two schools from outside Louisville could also be in the championship game and that it was up to those schools to get themselves there.

  4. #34
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by letabrotherspeak
    I have heard that many of the parochial schools in Louisville get a fair amount of students from the Oldham County middle schools.
    LABS please tell me your not for this.

  5. #35
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,782

    It should be real simple--all schools whether public or private with an open enrollment policy should be in a seperate class from the others...Regardless of size. Anything else is akin to picking your team first and playing what is left.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym
    It should be real simple--all schools whether public or private with an open enrollment policy should be in a seperate class from the others...Regardless of size. Anything else is akin to picking your team first and playing what is left.
    Maybe some of these schools pushing this should look at themselves first, and see what is wrong with their schools and why students want to leave for another school. They won't because they don't want to face reality.

  7. #37
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Under Average Joe's theory NKY would almost just form its own new league. LOL this is a joke.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by BigStud
    Under Average Joe's theory NKY would almost just form its own new league. LOL this is a joke.
    If this ever passes I would like to see all the public schools against it to drop the KHSAA and go along with the private schools, as they are not scared and don't have an ax to grind. Plus it will be more competitive and a title will MEAN MORE than a WATERED DOWN TITLE!

  9. #39
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    If this passes I would love to see alot of major schools leave and form a new league just so the KHSAA is disbanned its long over due.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    St. Matthews, Home of the 2006 and 17 time KY State Champion Trinity Shamrocks
    Posts
    6,464

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    My point is that we've played the top schools in the state close, and one a few, since 2001. We're not the red headed step child like we used to be, and it's not really realistic to claim that if you take X and T out of the playoffs that Male would never fail to be the 4A champions.
    Manual has made some progress, but..it isn't X or T that usually eliminates them from a title. Heck, last year they didn't even get a chance to play Male let alone X in the playoffs. With all due respect to Sass and Spears, the reports of Manual replacing Trinity in the Big 3 are a little premature. As far as being realistic goes, you have to get to the championship game to win a championship. X and T aren't your hurdle at this point.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    311

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    Time for another history lesson.

    At one time not so long ago if Trinity and X had met in the playoffs it would be the semifinals and a team from outside Jefferson County was guaranteed a spot in the final but that wasn't good enough for schools outside of Jefferson County. They were upset that a Jefferson County school was always in the championship game so the state was realligned. I clearly recall a coach being asked about the possibility that 2 schools from Louisville could be in the championship game and he said that two schools from outside Louisville could also be in the championship game and that it was up to those schools to get themselves there.
    Just another example of some people not being happy-- no matter what you do. Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it. ( not you personally All Tell- I am speaking hypothetically)

  12. #42
    InTheLoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Johnsonville
    Posts
    704

    I have an idea...

    How about we rate every player in the state. Then we will create teams based on those rankings so that no team has an advantage over any other team. Then we draw numbers to see which team goes to which school. Then we draw numbers to see which coach goes to which team. That was everybody has a "fair" shot to win and nobody has an "advantage" After that, the team that wins in each sport is banned from competition so that the other teams don't feel bad about themselves. That way we can make sure everybody feels like a winner.


    Sounds like a winner to me!!!



  13. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    I know more than a few kids from Catholic grade schools that have gone to Manual
    So odd , but I like it all the same.....But they want us out...

  14. #44
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheLoop
    I have an idea...

    How about we rate every player in the state. Then we will create teams based on those rankings so that no team has an advantage over any other team. Then we draw numbers to see which team goes to which school. Then we draw numbers to see which coach goes to which team. That was everybody has a "fair" shot to win and nobody has an "advantage" After that, the team that wins in each sport is banned from competition so that the other teams don't feel bad about themselves. That way we can make sure everybody feels like a winner.


    Sounds like a winner to me!!!



    And then you have "Fantasy High School Football"

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Across the pond
    Posts
    262

    isn't one of the main concerns with the public schools that are pushing this fairly simple: That private schools can and do draw kids/athletes from an "unlimited" geographical area? Can any public school say that they have this option? I reside on the other side of the Ohio river, but spent a number of years in NKY/so I really don't have a dog in this fight; but...just read about this proposal this afternoon as a matter of fact...how can a public school expect to legitimately compete for the better athletes in their area, if from time to time, a private school continues to draw these kids to their programs?

    Like Lloyd's Chad Molley (AD) says in the article, they're just trying to level the playing field a little...I see no problem with that, and can totally understand the public school's perspective here...

Top