The R word: Who is accusing who? Surprise!!

Page 3 of Originally Posted by All Tell See, it didn't even take an hour, just two minutes. Frankly I don't care if the posters on here support Prop 20 or not, M... 128 comments | 4738 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKE3
    Never, unless the advantage is within the same school system, while certain things get unfunded, while others flourish and thus creating a disadvantage.

    The explain this...when one begins at a disadvantage (ie, receives no state funds), and creates and advantage for one's self....isn't there something about this country and making one's fortune....I'm trying to remember.....
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    The explain this...when one begins at a disadvantage (ie, receives no state funds), and creates and advantage for one's self....isn't there something about this country and making one's fortune....I'm trying to remember.....
    I beleive their explanation will be that they give you the opportunity for free education with those state funds. I guess the quality of that education doesn't matter.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I beleive their explanation will be that they give you the opportunity for free education with those state funds. I guess the quality of that education doesn't matter.

    No, no...you're missing the point....if one creates an even BETTER opportunity (subjective, but bear with me), then what's the crime here?

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    Baseball Field, Watching, Teaching and Talking about Baseball
    Posts
    28,689

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    The explain this...when one begins at a disadvantage (ie, receives no state funds), and creates and advantage for one's self....isn't there something about this country and making one's fortune....I'm trying to remember.....
    You are right, I'm with you.

    The world is full of "Haves and Have Nots", full of "Leaders and Followers", full of "Doers and Wannabes"....some just don't what group they are in yet.

  5. #35
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    No, no...you're missing the point....if one creates an even BETTER opportunity (subjective, but bear with me), then what's the crime here?
    I understand I was just trying to think on their level. The only crime I see is that the other kids are being shortchanged by lack of leadership, for the most part.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I understand I was just trying to think on their level. The only crime I see is that the other kids are being shortchanged by lack of leadership, for the most part.

    You think there will be some proposal to disallow non-Catholic (or Baptist, Christian, whatever) coaches in parochial-private schools?

  7. #37
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    You think there will be some proposal to disallow non-Catholic (or Baptist, Christian, whatever) coaches in parochial-private schools?
    I've come to the conclusion that anything's possible, evidentally.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    276

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Whatever...cheaters.

    Seriously, now there's a problem with your facilities. You private school folks are screwed if this is the majorities thoughts. Unbelievable.
    So sticky, what are you trying to say here?

    That 1) people can't make donations to the school that they want to?

    That 2) it's somehow wrong to take care of the ACADEMIC areas with DONATED funds BEFORE then proceeding to replacing a football field with DONATED funds that was there at least 40 years before the new one was built?

    That 3) a private school shouldn't have a funded endowment to help it meet expenses down the road?

    That 4) it's a problem that T & X have a large alumni base that is very INTERESTED in seeing their school stays viable and attractive and has the DONATED funds to see that EACH student gets a superior education?

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by dr1
    So sticky, what are you trying to say here?

    That 1) people can't make donations to the school that they want to?

    That 2) it's somehow wrong to take care of the ACADEMIC areas with DONATED funds BEFORE then proceeding to replacing a football field with DONATED funds that was there at least 40 years before the new one was built?

    That 3) a private school shouldn't have a funded endowment to help it meet expenses down the road?

    That 4) it's a problem that T & X have a large alumni base that is very INTERESTED in seeing their school stays viable and attractive and has the DONATED funds to see that EACH student gets a superior education?

    I believe (hope) that sticky was being facetious.

  10. #40
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKE3
    You are right, I'm with you.

    The world is full of "Haves and Have Nots", full of "Leaders and Followers", full of "Doers and Wannabes"....some just don't what group they are in yet.

    So do what TD says and KICK'EM OUT!!!

  11. #41
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    See, it didn't even take an hour, just two minutes.

    Frankly I don't care if the posters on here support Prop 20 or not, Manual's principal is a co-sponsor, she has been very vocal in her opinions about it, Manual is going to vote for it therefore Manual supports it and they are contemptible and hypocritical for doing so because their school has thrived because the playing field was drastically skewed in their favor.

    Yet whenever anyone says that Manual ATTRACTING (not the "R" word) the best and the brightest from across the county has had an adverse effect on schools like Shawnee and Iroquois, the Rams are out in droves defending their school. Keepers is a hypocrite. If this lunacy passes I want to hear her whine when the schools out in the state go after open enrollment schools next.
    There is no reason to get personal with this. There is no reason to lump everyone together because of this. That is like saying all Germans are evil because Hitler was. You are getting way to emotional over something as simple as High School sports. Worse comes to worst the Privates get there own championships out of and ensure that St. X and Trinity win it every year.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    276

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    I believe (hope) that sticky was being facetious.
    If he was I apologize...but those are a few points that I've been wanting to get out for awhile now and it seemed like a good time to do it while I was thinking about it (or should I say I was able to remember them all!!)

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Louisville, Ky USA
    Posts
    4,521

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    There is no reason to get personal with this. There is no reason to lump everyone together because of this. That is like saying all Germans are evil because Hitler was. You are getting way to emotional over something as simple as High School sports. Worse comes to worst the Privates get there own championships out of and ensure that St. X and Trinity win it every year.
    We get personal because it is personal. Keepers made herself and Manual a target by getting out infront on this and by allowing herself to be quoted in the paper being so completely misinformed. Your are right. It is something as simple as high school sports. Keep(ers) the misinformed, know nothings out of it.

  14. #44
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity alum
    We get personal because it is personal. Keepers made herself and Manual a target by getting out infront on this and by allowing herself to be quoted in the paper being so completely misinformed. Your are right. It is something as simple as high school sports. Keep(ers) the misinformed, know nothings out of it.
    Well, stop getting personal with us!

    Especially since


    WE AGREE WITH YOU.

  15. #45
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity alum
    We get personal because it is personal. Keepers made herself and Manual a target by getting out infront on this and by allowing herself to be quoted in the paper being so completely misinformed. Your are right. It is something as simple as high school sports. Keep(ers) the misinformed, know nothings out of it.
    You are a grown man. This is not about you so there is no reason for you or anyone else that is not in high school to take it personally. And there is no reason to attack Manual Students, Alumni, or supporters and lump us all together and say that all of us from Manual are hypocrites or contempable because our Principle has said that she doesn't think that Public Schools are competeing on the same level of private schools. The Manual posters on here are not afraid of the competition and we hope it continues, Trinity and St. X alumni have worked hard to make those schools have an advantage, and we still want to play you all. Keepers and maybe our coaches don't, but we do, and have said so. If anyone continues to call me or the other Ram posters or Manual students, and staff names because of the actions of those appointed in charge when we have said we don't want prop 20 to pass then that is on them, that shows your character and maturity. This is not personal it is High School sports. It is a game for kids to play, we all love it and we love the kids, but it is just a game, there is no reason to insult people.

Top