The pot calling the kettle black (the true story of Male, Manual, and Scott County)!

Page 22 of Originally Posted by gametime Bombing Iraq, and kicking the best out of the way in a kids game. Nice... JEEZ la pete. You guys are killing me it is an ... 383 comments | 13496 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #316

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    louisville
    Posts
    407

    yeah but boy did they try.
    Advertisement

  2. #317

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    and the sheer number of players they get to come out, based on the fact they are not limited by title 9.
    Please, please explain how title 9 limits the number of players that come out for football at public schools. I cant wait to hear this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    The privates do a great job of building a program, but because of title 9, the other schools do not believe that they can keep up with T and X.
    Again title 9 is used as an excuse. Tell me, where does Manual's field hockey team play their home games? If title 9 is as burdensome as you put forth then why don't they play in the crypt on Burnett?

  3. #318

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    Oh come off it that is not an accustion of recruiting, that is a fact and you and everyone knows it to be a fact. It is not against the rules, it is just the way it is. It's not like I am saying alumni are getting better jobs for parents of great players, or letting players live in their homes during the school year, or buying sporting equipment, or paying the full tuition or plain paying them. I am saying that coaches and alumni let good players from poor areas know of financial aid possibilities. And they do!! But I doubt they are walking around 34th and Hill knocking on the door of normal 8th grade students, why would they?
    Whatever, Ram. YOU specifically said "private schools" "informing" athletes of financial aid. It's not like it's a secret that financial aid is available to STUDENTS. Heck, you can walk in to a school right now and ask for a financial aid form. You threw it out there, and I resent it. If there's a problem, then someone needs to inform the KHSAA. Everyone says the "know" something, yet no one is taking it to the entity that could do something. I'm tired of the allegations, the allusions to impropriety. My mom has the best saying about this, but I can't post it here because it contains a word filter violation.

    No one has to LET anyone know anything. If these athletes know about it, maybe their parents and they have taken the steps to FIND OUT about it.

  4. #319
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    Please, please explain how title 9 limits the number of players that come out for football at public schools. I cant wait to hear this one.


    Again title 9 is used as an excuse. Tell me, where does Manual's field hockey team play their home games? If title 9 is as burdensome as you put forth then why don't they play in the crypt on Burnett?
    Trinity has 1500 boyes that could come out Manual has 700. 1500 is more than 700. Ergo, title 9 limits the number of boyes that can come out as compared to Trinity.

    Field hockey at Manual has been a problem with title 9 concerns that have really cost the school alot of money, but we still think it is worth it to have it.


    Ps.
    Your insults are really starting to wear thin on me by the way, Manual Stadium is not a Crypt, there is no E and Manual. Please lets stop that stuff and be adults.

  5. #320
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    title IX does not hurt schools like it does colleges. Title IX just means playing fields and number of sports offered must be equal. It does not limit the amount of people allowed to partcipate since High Schools do not give out scholarships. Using Title IX as an excuse is a false claim if you know the facts.

    Plus every other private school has to follow the same rules besides like 6 privates schools who are all boy or all girl. But in all reality it doesn't affect anything to do with competition. All it does is affect the playing fields. It does not affect the quality of athletes, coaches, or motivation.

  6. #321
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    Trinity has 1500 boyes that could come out Manual has 700. 1500 is more than 700. Ergo, title 9 limits the number of boyes that can come out as compared to Trinity.

    Field hockey at Manual has been a problem with title 9 concerns that have really cost the school alot of money, but we still think it is worth it to have it.


    Ps.
    Your insults are really starting to wear thin on me by the way, Manual Stadium is not a Crypt, there is no E and Manual. Please lets stop that stuff and be adults.
    Ram,

    Title IX does not limit your school enrollment. That is up to your school district.

  7. #322
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    Whatever, Ram. YOU specifically said "private schools" "informing" athletes of financial aid. It's not like it's a secret that financial aid is available to STUDENTS. Heck, you can walk in to a school right now and ask for a financial aid form. You threw it out there, and I resent it. If there's a problem, then someone needs to inform the KHSAA. Everyone says the "know" something, yet no one is taking it to the entity that could do something. I'm tired of the allegations, the allusions to impropriety. My mom has the best saying about this, but I can't post it here because it contains a word filter violation.

    No one has to LET anyone know anything. If these athletes know about it, maybe their parents and they have taken the steps to FIND OUT about it.
    Ok then that is fine. I just think that there is a tendency to promote it to gifted athletes, it is not a secret, but it is also not promoted to poor areas of town. It is a real issue, not an evil plot and plan to keep kids out but it has the apperence of impropriety. You need to take a step back and calm down, because I am not accusing anyone of wrong doing, I am saying that their is the apperence of wrong doing in the community, I am also saying in this same thread the Trinity and St.X are not breaking any rules. I am not accusing them of wrong doing, but the apperence of impropriety plus the inability of public schools to focus money only on girls or boys sport due to title 9 is a driving force behind the support of prop 20. If that wasn't there, there would be no prop 20. I am again not for prop 20 but to ignore the reasons why it is bring brough forth is part of the problem. If the underling issues aren't addressed and are being dismissed without discussion then there will be a split. And I don't want that.

  8. #323

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    Trinity has 1500 boyes that could come out Manual has 700. 1500 is more than 700. Ergo, title 9 limits the number of boyes that can come out as compared to Trinity.

    Field hockey at Manual has been a problem with title 9 concerns that have really cost the school alot of money, but we still think it is worth it to have it.


    Ps.
    Your insults are really starting to wear thin on me by the way, Manual Stadium is not a Crypt, there is no E and Manual. Please lets stop that stuff and be adults.
    How does title 9 (which mandates that equal resources be spent on male and female sports programs) have anything to do with the male enrollment at Manual? I think that your logic is flawed.

    And you didn't answer my question, where does the field hockey team play their home games at? If title 9 was as stringent as you maintain wouldn't they by law be required to play their games at the crypt.

    ps there is no "e" in boys.

  9. #324

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    I do get it, I get that Trinity and St.X have won the majority of the championship, I know the community is proud of them and they work real hard. But I also know that statistically there is no way that they should be dominating the entire state like this unless there is an advantage in the number of good athletes they are getting, and the sheer number of players they get to come out, based on the fact they are not limited by title 9. That is the key advantage and they can't deny it, it is a fact. I don't care about it personally, if you want to send your kid to Catholic Schools I am all for it, and if you raise your kid to love football and they want a championship ring then just send them to St.X or Trinity, because odds are in the four years they are there they have about a 50% chance of getting one or more state rings. It is like a Football magnet. And that is fine, but what prop 20 schools are saying is that they don't think that they are competitive with that type of program, they don't think that they can compete. I disagree with them, and I am against prop 20, but this Polly Anna , there must be something in the water at the private schools, our boys just work harder than the lazy public school kids junk is for the birds. The privates do a great job of building a program, but because of title 9, the other schools do not believe that they can keep up with T and X. I think that is bull because there are only 11 players on the field and sometimes Manual and Male can find 33(offense, defense, special teams and backups) guys that didn't go to St. X or Trinity that are good enough to beat them. But that said it is dishonest to think that a school like Southern is going to be able to beat Trinity, they don't have the athletes, period, not to mention all the hard work and extra money and coaches and equipment that Trinity and St. X can spend on football that they can't. Manual and Male are different in that we have a very strong alumni base and parent support that can pick up alot of the difference, and schools like Ballard, Eastern, Seneca, and Fern Creek could too from year to year.

    #1. If you didn't care much, you wouldn't be in all of these threads.
    #2. If you think that Trinity and X are only concerned about the football, you are GROSSLY mistaken.
    #3. It's amazing that a representative of a school as fine as Manual is so willing to throw out the unfair advantage argument. I have to agree with some of what thomam says with regard to the academics and what some of your students would do for their schools.
    #4. We don't MAKE students come to us, and we aren't selective in whom we accept. Those students are their because they and their familes made a CHOICE.

  10. #325
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by BigStud
    Ram,

    Title IX does not limit your school enrollment. That is up to your school district.
    No that is up to the size of the building and they aren't going to double Manual's size to compete in football.

  11. #326

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    Ok then that is fine. I just think that there is a tendency to promote it to gifted athletes, it is not a secret, but it is also not promoted to poor areas of town. It is a real issue, not an evil plot and plan to keep kids out but it has the apperence of impropriety. You need to take a step back and calm down, because I am not accusing anyone of wrong doing, I am saying that their is the apperence of wrong doing in the community, I am also saying in this same thread the Trinity and St.X are not breaking any rules. I am not accusing them of wrong doing, but the apperence of impropriety plus the inability of public schools to focus money only on girls or boys sport due to title 9 is a driving force behind the support of prop 20. If that wasn't there, there would be no prop 20. I am again not for prop 20 but to ignore the reasons why it is bring brough forth is part of the problem. If the underling issues aren't addressed and are being dismissed without discussion then there will be a split. And I don't want that.
    And there is an appearance to me and others that schools like Manual and Male draw the best students away from other public schools to their detrement. You tell the private schools that the public schools have a basis for prop 20 based on those appearances and that maybe the private schools should change the way they do things to change those appearances. I'll bet that if it was suggested that a certain percentage of "lower" performing students be admitted to Manual to change the appearance that Manual siphons only the best students from other public schools you would be up in arms.

  12. #327
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    #1. If you didn't care much, you wouldn't be in all of these threads.
    Never said that I didn't care. I said I don't mind if you send your son to Trinity. In fact I have been on here for years supporting the idea that publics and privates should play each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    #2. If you think that Trinity and X are only concerned about the football, you are GROSSLY mistaken.
    I don't think that nor did I say that, I simply agreed with you that Trinity and St. X do care about football and have built a program.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    #3. It's amazing that a representative of a school as fine as Manual is so willing to throw out the unfair advantage argument. I have to agree with some of what thomam says with regard to the academics and what some of your students would do for their schools.
    The same is true for your school and your son would have live quite near enough to go to Fern Creek, Seneca or Moore yet he went to Trinity. So you made the same choice for your son that my mom made for me, also I believe that you have also mentioned that you were at one time considering Manual for an option, an option you didn't take, but still how did his arguements seem to you back then as a parent? Don't you want to have an option for parents that might not see Trinity as and option?
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    #4. We don't MAKE students come to us, and we aren't selective in whom we accept. Those students are their because they and their familes made a CHOICE.
    Exactly what I have been saying the whole time and agree 100%.

  13. #328
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    How does title 9 (which mandates that equal resources be spent on male and female sports programs) have anything to do with the male enrollment at Manual? I think that your logic is flawed.

    And you didn't answer my question, where does the field hockey team play their home games at? If title 9 was as stringent as you maintain wouldn't they by law be required to play their games at the crypt.

    ps there is no "e" in boys.
    They play on the Field Hockey field and the girls soccer team also plays on Manuals Stadiums field.

    Where do your girls play?

    I asked you nicely not to call Manual Stadium a crypt.

  14. #329

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    No that is up to the size of the building and they aren't going to double Manual's size to compete in football.
    Then why use title 9 as an argument.

    If a schools like Manual is such a great thing why not relocate that program to a larger building (like Moore for instance, as I recall they have the largest building in the county). After all it's the teachers and the students, not the building that make the school, correct?

  15. #330

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    They play on the Field Hockey field and the girls soccer team also plays on Manuals Stadiums field.

    Where do your girls play?

    I asked you nicely not to call Manual Stadium a crypt.
    Is the field hockey field equal to Manual Stadium??

    If title 9 is as rigid as you maintain how can a school like Manual blatently get away with discriminating against a girls program by making them play in a lesser facility.

Top