The pot calling the kettle black (the true story of Male, Manual, and Scott County)!

Page 10 of Originally Posted by gametime Bombing Iraq, and kicking the best out of the way in a kids game. Nice... JEEZ la pete. You guys are killing me it is an ... 383 comments | 13488 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #136
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    I might buy some of your argument, but lose ground with this sense, how can winning a "dilluted" championship be "what's best for the program"? Seriously, you as a mature level headed man, can not say that you would be happy winning a title without us and X involved. Like it or not, you are good for us, and we are good for you.
    I agree 100%. How many times on here have I said I was against the boycott, these schools should play. Like I said before, I would not vote for prop 20 personally, but I understand where my schools administrators are coming from. Things are not equal and it would benifit Manual in the sense that Manual would win more hardwear outright, whether that would then also translate to getting better talent. Maybe maybe not. But I do agree that it is better for both that we play each other in football. But like I said this may not be fully a football driven proposal in terms of Manual's decision.
    Advertisement

  2. #137

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    ^ it may not, but Manual has a distinct advantage ACADEMICALLY over every other school, does that seem just as fair. It's not exactly apples to apples, but it is within striking range.

  3. #138
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    But that is not true. Doug Beaumont is the most talented kid in Louisville, IMO, I think it to be fact that year in and year out, Manual, Male, and Ballard have more talented kids than we have.
    We have more stars, but you have all the players. Many 4A schools have trouble fielding scout teams, Trinity and St.X have trouble deciding who will dress. It is a huge factor, you have to admit.

  4. #139

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldbird
    But a lot of schools have that.
    How many, one county removed from a big city, and with a huge plant.

    Bullitt has 4-5 high schools, Oldham - 3, Spencer - 2, I think....


    Scott is on the HIGHER $$$$ side of Lexington, has Toyota, etc.....They have it nice..

  5. #140

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    We have more stars, but you have all the players. Many 4A schools have trouble fielding scout teams, Trinity and St.X have trouble deciding who will dress. It is a huge factor, you have to admit.
    Absolutely...but the majority of our kids have known they were coming to us, since birth. That is an EARNED advantage, IMO..

  6. #141
    90Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Posts
    434

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    We have more stars, but you have all the players. Many 4A schools have trouble fielding scout teams, Trinity and St.X have trouble deciding who will dress. It is a huge factor, you have to admit.
    I think Manual has enough for a scout team.

  7. #142
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    ^ it may not, but Manual has a distinct advantage ACADEMICALLY over every other school, does that seem just as fair. It's not exactly apples to apples, but it is within striking range.
    It is not fair to the other schools, but I didn't realize that educating students was a competition. Athletics are all about competition, academics aren't and when academic competition is in place Manual HAS been seperated into it's on division. Manual is it's own REGION in the National Science fair. We earned that advantage too!!

  8. #143
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by 90Rock
    I think Manual has enough for a scout team.
    Yeah we do, check out Iroquois and Southern some years!

  9. #144
    90Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Posts
    434

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    Yeah we do, check out Iroquois and Southern some years!
    That's their own fault. They have enough boys at both of those schools to field a large team, but for one reason or another, the interest in playing football is not there. The coaches, teachers, parents, etc. should be encouraging kids to participate in sports.

  10. #145

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    It is not fair to the other schools, but I didn't realize that educating students was a competition. Athletics are all about competition, academics aren't and when academic competition is in place Manual HAS been seperated into it's on division. Manual is it's own REGION in the National Science fair. We earned that advantage too!!

    Fun times here! We wouldn't even be having this discussion if it were about academics. Apparantly, if Trinity and X were filled with all the academic talent that Manual has, not even a murmmer of discourse would be heard. No one every crys foul when a potential genius winds up in a private school, until he winds up on the football team.

  11. #146
    ram2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 03
    Location
    Fisherville/Louisville "When was the last time you saw a hippy that could take on an offensive tackle?"- Hank Hill
    Posts
    7,885

    Funniest line I've seen about Manual students so far:

    "They pay tuition."

    I'd have to see some facts on this, considering I've known two people who went to Manual and did not live in Louisville (one Southern Indiana, one Oldham county). Both were girls, so football wasn't involved. Neither paid nada. Ridiculous.

    On another note, I'm dissappointed in my girl, Bev. I would've thought she'd not put herself into this craziness. It's a shame, and I for one, hope nothing comes of this whole thing.

  12. #147
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by 90Rock
    That's their own fault. They have enough boys at both of those schools to field a large team, but for one reason or another, the interest in playing football is not there. The coaches, teachers, parents, etc. should be encouraging kids to participate in sports.
    You maybe right, still the inequity is still present. To me that is not a reason not to play, but to some it is a valid excuse, and the fact is that inequity is there and it will be pointed to as a reason to pass this.

  13. #148

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    2,891

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    We have more stars, but you have all the players. Many 4A schools have trouble fielding scout teams, Trinity and St.X have trouble deciding who will dress. It is a huge factor, you have to admit.
    If that is the case, then that is the problem with that coach; the first job of a coach is to recruit HIS OWN SCHOOL; then make sure the kids have a positive experience, especially at the 9th and 10th grade levels.

  14. #149

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by ram2003
    Funniest line I've seen about Manual students so far:

    "They pay tuition."

    I'd have to see some facts on this, considering I've known two people who went to Manual and did not live in Louisville (one Southern Indiana, one Oldham county). Both were girls, so football wasn't involved. Neither paid nada. Ridiculous.
    I don't know about that. I know that Tony Driver grew up in Glasgow, moved to Louisville (without his parents), lived with the OC and paid tuition. That is fact.

  15. #150

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,504

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    If that is the case, then that is the problem with that coach; the first job of a coach is to recruit HIS OWN SCHOOL; then make sure the kids have a positive experience, especially at the 9th and 10th grade levels.
    Which Nichols is doing a great job of. I think Ballard, Eastern, and PRP are the ones that baffle me.

Top