South Carolina Officer Charged With Murder

Page 9 of Originally Posted by plantmanky For a tail light being out? Had been arrested 10 times previously, mostly for back child support owed.... 171 comments | 9688 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    Dashcam shows victim bolting from car | National News - WLWT Home
    Advertisement

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    833

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    To me, nothing else matters until the officer pulls that trigger.
    Exactly…It's about what's occurring at that moment, and not what may have happened a minute or so earlier.

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    So the guy runs from the cop during the stop. Then charges at the cop later. So were missing what happened in between.

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    So the guy runs from the cop during the stop. Then charges at the cop later. So were missing what happened in between.
    Where does it say that he charged the cop?

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Where does it say that he charged the cop?
    In the first video. He walk up to the cop and goes for the taser.

  6. #126
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,902

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    In the first video. He walk up to the cop and goes for the taser.
    According to the cop.

  7. #127
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,782

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    According to the cop.
    That later pulled off 8 shots at the victim's back. Then picked up his taser and dropped it beside the body. Then claimed that CPR was performed. Why should we believed anything he says other than he shot the decedent?

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    There's just this little thing called the law.
    C'mon TB&G, don't let that get in the way. You are being too rational.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    That later pulled off 8 shots at the victim's back. Then picked up his taser and dropped it beside the body. Then claimed that CPR was performed. Why should we believed anything he says other than he shot the decedent?
    Correct. Seems like a good dude and his written account of the events seem to check out. Why question him at all?

  10. #130
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild24 View Post
    Correct. Seems like a good dude and his written account of the events seem to check out. Why question him at all?
    Maybe he was just having a bad day and his temper got the best of him.

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Maybe he was just having a bad day and his temper got the best of him.
    That's a bad way to lose your 'stuff' though.

    Back when we were kids, people would call it tampering with physical evidence, and that's taking it lightly and being kind... I'm sure dude would gladly cop to that charge right now and be done with it if it were offered...

    Getting caught on camera in a way that shows you might be lying about what you've written up on someone's death certificate is kind of a career killer ya' know. It'll cost you your job everytime, or at least I think that's fair to say.

  12. #132
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,218

    Quote Originally Posted by JokersWild24 View Post
    That's a bad way to lose your 'stuff' though.

    Back when we were kids, people would call it tampering with physical evidence, and that's taking it lightly...

    Getting caught on camera in a way that shows you might be lying about what you've written up on someone's death certificate is kind of a career killer ya' know. It'll cost you your job everytime, or at least I think that's fair to say.
    I was being sarcastic....That's an absurd excuse that another poster used earlier.

  13. #133

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,018

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I was being sarcastic....That's an absurd excuse that another poster used earlier.
    My apologies.

    I legit need a new sarcasm detector here sometimes.

    I do believe you though and did think that the original comment was kinda out of character for you.

  14. #134

  15. #135
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,148

    Yea, that's never happened the other way.

    We only had months of riots and protests because of a lie. Only problem is no one was charged for lying in that case.

Top