Rico Hollis back at Newport?

Page 2 of Been getting text messages this morning that after one year at Holmes, sounds like Rico Hollis has returned to Newport.....anyone else hearing this? If... 25 comments | 3238 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    28

    Where's Walter when you need him?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    139

    Walter must have transferred

  3. #18
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    8,217

    Quote Originally Posted by coachforlife View Post
    I went back and checked my post and no where in it is "trash" mentioned. But the kid can be held accountable and not be allowed the PRIVILEGE of playing basketball. Kids don't go to alternative schools by choice. If he finishes the alternative program and is allowed to play a sport---great!!! But should not be allowed to move away from whatever issue that kept him from the mainstream school. If you argue against accountability, you are probably in the majority in today's society. I just can't bring myself to be on that side!
    I do not know the case with this student, but your information is not accurate on Altrenative Schools. Kids choose to go to Alternative School all the time that is their choice. I had two students choose it last week. Sometimes it is an option. Alternative Schools do not always have students that have had behavior issues in the regular school setting. Some are placed there without volunteering, but not all and it isn't just a few.

  4. #19
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,888

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    I do not know the case with this student, but your information is not accurate on Altrenative Schools. Kids choose to go to Alternative School all the time that is their choice. I had two students choose it last week. Sometimes it is an option. Alternative Schools do not always have students that have had behavior issues in the regular school setting. Some are placed there without volunteering, but not all and it isn't just a few.
    I heard some crazy stories about the students in alternative school at Holmes.

  5. #20
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,116

    Quote Originally Posted by HSBballfan24 View Post
    Where's Walter when you need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by lp1 View Post
    Walter must have transferred
    I'm still around. Heard about this before it happened...just feel it isn't my place to put a kid's business out there in situations like this.

  6. #21
    Bengal Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    8,217

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    I heard some crazy stories about the students in alternative school at Holmes.

    You can hear a lot of things, not always true. But I will say most schools have issues at times with students. Alternative Schools do have kids that do not function well in a regular setting and some are challenging. That also is one of their purposes.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    46,260

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    You can hear a lot of things, not always true. But I will say most schools have issues at times with students. Alternative Schools do have kids that do not function well in a regular setting and some are challenging. That also is one of their purposes.
    I agree @Bengal Maniac you can't always believe what you hear.......no school is immune to kids "acting up" in one way or another.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    71

    Quote Originally Posted by coachforlife View Post
    I went back and checked my post and no where in it is "trash" mentioned. But the kid can be held accountable and not be allowed the PRIVILEGE of playing basketball. Kids don't go to alternative schools by choice. If he finishes the alternative program and is allowed to play a sport---great!!! But should not be allowed to move away from whatever issue that kept him from the mainstream school. If you argue against accountability, you are probably in the majority in today's society. I just can't bring myself to be on that side!
    Sports help hold a lot of young men accountable. I have no clue why he's in alternate school, his homelife, etc... I think all kids deserve 2nd chances & if a coach can mentor him & help him turn his behavior around, I say give him a 2nd chance w/ clear guidelines & expectations.

  9. #24
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    23,961

    Rico is 18 yrs old and was arrested on Sunday Sept 3rd for Menacing per Arrest.org

    It appears this kid is not looking to get his act cleaned up.

  10. #25
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,759

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    Rico is 18 yrs old and was arrested on Sunday Sept 3rd for Menacing per Arrest.org

    It appears this kid is not looking to get his act cleaned up.
    Guess you answered your own questions from post 11.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    46,260

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    Rico is 18 yrs old and was arrested on Sunday Sept 3rd for Menacing per Arrest.org

    It appears this kid is not looking to get his act cleaned up.
    What a shame.

Top