Proposal 20 Passed

Page 27 of Originally Posted by NKYBred I think a lot of people care and that's what drives this forum! Yes, but I personally feel some people have taken this iss... 522 comments | 15914 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #391
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by ladiesbballcoach
    And as been stated many times before, Boyle County is the only non-public, non-independent rural county in the state that has shown the ability to do that. So using your mindset one of 2 things must be occurring. Either about 220 out of 240 school systems in the state are doing it wrong or the playing field is unlevel.

    Somewhere I heard that Lex Cath had athletes from 10 or 12 different counties. EVERY single athlete in my HS is from our little county of about 13,000. That is not a level playing field. As Beechwood has a very small student body of males to pull from for their football team in comparison of St. X and the huge number they have to pull from, LC has a huge advantage over other schools.
    Don't blame the private schools for you schools refusal to give the school all the advantage available. You have every right to allow open enrollment if you want. That is why Beechwood and Highlands are so successful. Do you really think they would dominate football if they couldn't pull players from all over NKY?

    All the small privates are being punished because of hate towards Lex Cath, Trinity and St.X.
    Advertisement

  2. #392
    TigerKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Sunny Side of St. Matthews
    Posts
    1,848

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W
    You are wrong Manual and male or any other JCPS can not take students outside of there districts
    Do you really beleive that they would get kids based on a free education when Indiana has a far superior Public education than KY.

  3. #393

    Join Date
    May 05
    Posts
    682

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W
    Again Why Dont All The T and Privite supporters address post 275 in this thread. I am waiting. But you cant say eanything but Cheapen this and that, Teach kids this and that. At least we teach Kentucky kids.
    I here all the crying about "if you split it will cheapen the title game" But it has already been cheapen by x and T beacause they have kids who dont live in the borders of the state of Kentucky, but yet get to be the state of Kentucky high school champions. That is like saying miss Kentucky won the Miss America, but she came from Canada. Why, Because she was the prettier then any girl in Kentucky. OH yea Prop 3 passed to, which doesnt allow kids out side of Kentucky to play sports. I guess T and X would not have won all those KENTUCKY CHAMPIONSHIPs without the help of some real pretty Hoosiers. Heck I know of two running backs on both there rosters that are from the state north of the border.
    Again look at post 275 and This . Waiting
    Pete, it appears that your beef is directed toward Trinity High School. I counted eight athletes in the memo in post 275. Six of them attended Trinity High School. One was claimed to have been recruited by private school but did not go out of his district in Indiana. The other was listed as playing in a private school but the memo did not name the private school. I fail to see how this bolsters in any way your argument that "I guess T and X would not have won all those Kentucky Championships without the help of some really pretty Hoosiers." Earlier this week there was a listing of all the multiple state championships won by the various high schools in Kentucky since 1995 in the Louisville Courier-Journal. There were three or four schools, including Trinity, that had won eight state titles during this period. Some schools had won seven state titles during this period, and a few had won six state titles during this period. St. X was listed as having won 39 state titles during this period. Your real target, then, is St. X. Do you really believe that the one player that was listed in the memo that St. X allegedly recruited but never came to St. X had anything to do with those 39 state championships? Many of the arguments made against the private schools by proponents of separation are totally unfounded. You asked that some of us reply to your post. Let me returned the favor and posit a question for you, and ask that you answer the question rationally. When separation advocates say we must "level the playing field"with private schools what do they mean? If anyone answers this invitation, please list of three or four areas that you believe the playing field is not level, and tilts in the favor of private schools. I would be interested in discussing this with any other posters who believe that the playing field "is not level".

  4. #394
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    Here is the bottom line for me on this issue:

    1. This vote fixes nothing and just creates a greater divide than already existed. Anybody simply for 'kick em out' is just looking for a shortcut to a solution.
    2. The public school side refuses to recognize the hard work that the private school side has put in to get to where they are, ... success doesn't happen by accident and the private schools have spent great time and resources to build their programs.
    3. The private school side refuses to recognize that they are in an advantageous situation over the public schools. It is not just a matter of having 'outworked' the other side.

    Did I miss anything? Until both sides truly try and understand where the other side is coming from, there will be no real discussions, no real solutions.... just rhetoric from both sides.

  5. #395

    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Louisville, Ky USA
    Posts
    4,523

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W
    Hello Manual would love to take kids from other countys or states for that matter BUT they CANT, Why because it is against the rules.
    Pete, Thank you for the information. Just for my education, will you cite the KHSAA rule that it would violate? I'll wait for your response but I won't hold my breath.

  6. #396
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by ladiesbballcoach
    I agree with your post except your last statement. And the public school system SHOULD be set up to serve a community, not a several county area. The public school system is designed as it should be and the private schools are designed the way they should be. That makes them different gives each advantages in different ways. Athletically, the advantage goes to the private schools, shown by some private schools having athletes from multiple counties.

    I do think it should not be allowed for a public school to draw from outside of their designated area. As a boundary was trying to be determined for private schools, it should be the same for public schools. If you want your child to attend a certain school, move into that district.

    I do not think that a student living in another state or school district should be attending school in another district UNLESS there is a true educational reason for it. And there are incidents of true educational reasons.
    Why is that? Show me in any law book or guidelines it says schools should only teach that given community. You are guarnteed in our country a free public education. In no way shape or form does this limit where you must attend this public school. Its ridiculous people such as yourself feel you need to make this decision for people.

  7. #397
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    [QUOTE=Pete W]Answer this, I guess you think this stuff is fair and just X and T have better coaching and work harder then any other public school. Look like they have been working hard in Indiana also.



    Why do you get to make the decision where a student belongs. If I live in Covington and want to attend a school in Newport that my business not yours.

  8. #398
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W
    And that means you would not play by the rules that the public schools had too, so you are teaching your kids that it is ok to not play by the rules as long as no one says anything. But you already said that it is a even playing feild, make up your mind. Play by the the rules or dont, I like I have said and no replys, the championship of kentucky has already been cheapen. Just admit that you guys go to a another state and try to get athletes to come and play for you. And tell me in the same breath that your better because of your coaches and work harder. If that is true have coach Beaty go to Butler and win a championship or go to Ballard, bet it would not happen you know why, he would lose to Trinity. BECAUSE YOU DONT PLAY BY THE SAME RULES. Show me a rule where Male or Manual can go over to Indiana or oldham county to get athelets, but it is fair for you. You want to make it fair. Split the catholic grade schools up equally and have a certain number go to X or T or Holy cross and then stay within Jefferson county. You do that one thing, and you wont because you and your school knows if you did you would lose, And Prop 20 would be no longer a question. But you wont, why should the majority have to change to rules for a few, Why dont X T and the SH, LEX Cath, just say ok we will stay within jefferson county or lex. because they know if they lived by the same rules as the Males and Manuals then they would not Win. It would make too much sense for a few schools to change, So it will never happen, and I know and live in reality unlike you guys wont admit it. just admit that you dont play by the same rules.

    There are no facts that T and X did anything illegal. If you have them report them to the KHSAA or otherwise your posts hold no water with me. If anything I lose respect for you , posting propaganda that has no proof. Just hersay.

  9. #399
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,940

    Quote Originally Posted by MountainThunder
    Here is the bottom line for me on this issue:

    1. This vote fixes nothing and just creates a greater divide than already existed. Anybody simply for 'kick em out' is just looking for a shortcut to a solution.
    2. The public school side refuses to recognize the hard work that the private school side has put in to get to where they are, ... success doesn't happen by accident and the private schools have spent great time and resources to build their programs.
    3. The private school side refuses to recognize that they are in an advantageous situation over the public schools. It is not just a matter of having 'outworked' the other side.

    Did I miss anything? Until both sides truly try and understand where the other side is coming from, there will be no real discussions, no real solutions.... just rhetoric from both sides.
    Well said.



  10. #400
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W
    Hello Manual would love to take kids from other countys or states for that matter BUT they CANT, Why because it is against the rules.
    There are no districts in Louisville. Open Enrollment, know your own rules before you post on here.

  11. #401
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by BigStud
    There are no districts in Louisville. Open Enrollment, know your own rules before you post on here.
    Open enrollment only covers Jefferson County...

  12. #402

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by Tough as Nails
    First of all TN does not have all private schools separated. They have two classes of private schools. The first is the ones that give athletic scholarships and the second is the ones that don't. Private schools that do not give athletic scholarships can compete in all sports with the public schools. In fact, in TN if a student receives any financial aid, he or she cannot compete in athletics.
    Not true. Division II is for private schools that offer financial aid. Private schools can play in Division I, with the public schools, if they don't offer financial aid to prospective students.

  13. #403

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W
    You are wrong Manual and male or any other JCPS can not take students outside of there districts
    No you are wrong

    Manual has students from outside Jefferson County. In the newspaper the other day Keepers admitted that there were students from Indiana attending Manual.

    I know that there are kids from Oldham County at Manual and other schools in Jefferson County.

  14. #404
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ram54
    Open enrollment only covers Jefferson County...
    Which is the largest area in the state. I don't think the 6 player Trinity got from Indy swayed anything.

  15. #405
    02Ram54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Teddy 4 Heisman
    Posts
    19,296

    Quote Originally Posted by BigStud
    Which is the largest area in the state. I don't think the 6 player Trinity got from Indy swayed anything.
    JC is the largest county in the state?

    Or do you mean population? Because while it is, adding the surrounding counties and Indiana makes a pretty big difference.

    AllTell- Obviously, Bev is willing to give that up, as far as kids that play ball is concerned (The only tuition student I knew of that went to Manual was from Henry County, but genuinely lived with her grandmother... she did not play sports). So that should be a null point.

Top