Proposal 20 Passed

Page 26 of Originally Posted by NKYBred I think a lot of people care and that's what drives this forum! Yes, but I personally feel some people have taken this iss... 522 comments | 15922 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #376

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W


    Jeffersonville has lost several outstanding football athletes to Louisville private schools:

    .
    If the students were not enrolled in high school how can you lose something you do not possess?

    I think the students belong to their families. Does a private high school "lose" a student who attended a private grade school to a public high school if they choose to attend one (as many do)? NO. The family makes a decision.
    Advertisement

  2. #377
    dmd31base's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Location
    Heart of the Bluegrass
    Posts
    364

    When would this go into effect?

  3. #378

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    So Pete if the premise of your argument is that Jeff High lost student that "belonged" to them because of where they and their families lived now many athletes that "belonged" to schools like Iroquois, Eastern, Shawnee etc. been lost to Manual or Male because their parents, like the parents of the students you mentioned, CHOSE to send their children to a school outside their resides district.

    There is nothing illegal about this and in fact I am told that in areas that border West Virginia there are "gasp" public schools that allow students from WV to attend and play sports.

  4. #379
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by dmd31base
    When would this go into effect?
    It still has a long way to go before it goes into effect.

  5. #380
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    So Pete if the premise of your argument is that Jeff High lost student that "belonged" to them because of where they and their families lived now many athletes that "belonged" to schools like Iroquois, Eastern, Shawnee etc. been lost to Manual or Male because their parents, like the parents of the students you mentioned, CHOSE to send their children to a school outside their resides district.

    There is nothing illegal about this and in fact I am told that in areas that border West Virginia there are "gasp" public schools that allow students from WV to attend and play sports.
    I don't think they are saying the kids belong to them but that they are apart of their community and would like to see them play at their community school. My question is why are T and X recruiting these kids? Why would you have a kid on a recruiting trip to your state title game? Did they also take Ed Wright to their debate teams meet?

    What they are doing may be with in the KHSSA "rules" but is it really ethical? You guys say the title will be watered down but after reading the email Pete posted you may come to the conclusion that X and T's titles are a bit tainted.

  6. #381
    Pete W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,905

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    Pete...what do you want us to say? If anything illegal has transpired, why was not action taken? Why weren't the existing channels utilized? At the time the boys you mention were choosing their schools, there was no issue with out-of-state students attending Trinity, X or any other private school, nor with playing on the teams those schools.

    For the record, I thought Brian Brohm was the reason we won those championships! Now it was Cruz May?! Cruz was an OUTSTANDING player, but funny no one credited him with our success when he was playing in the Brohm era!

    I'll say this...the thing I left out of my post above, NO one OWNS my kids, except me! I will NEVER support the idea that kids that live in a certain area "belong" to a certain school. NEVER.
    And that means you would not play by the rules that the public schools had too, so you are teaching your kids that it is ok to not play by the rules as long as no one says anything. But you already said that it is a even playing feild, make up your mind. Play by the the rules or dont, I like I have said and no replys, the championship of kentucky has already been cheapen. Just admit that you guys go to a another state and try to get athletes to come and play for you. And tell me in the same breath that your better because of your coaches and work harder. If that is true have coach Beaty go to Butler and win a championship or go to Ballard, bet it would not happen you know why, he would lose to Trinity. BECAUSE YOU DONT PLAY BY THE SAME RULES. Show me a rule where Male or Manual can go over to Indiana or oldham county to get athelets, but it is fair for you. You want to make it fair. Split the catholic grade schools up equally and have a certain number go to X or T or Holy cross and then stay within Jefferson county. You do that one thing, and you wont because you and your school knows if you did you would lose, And Prop 20 would be no longer a question. But you wont, why should the majority have to change to rules for a few, Why dont X T and the SH, LEX Cath, just say ok we will stay within jefferson county or lex. because they know if they lived by the same rules as the Males and Manuals then they would not Win. It would make too much sense for a few schools to change, So it will never happen, and I know and live in reality unlike you guys wont admit it. just admit that you dont play by the same rules.

  7. #382

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W
    And that means you would not play by the rules that the public schools had too, so you are teaching your kids that it is ok to not play by the rules as long as no one says anything. But you already said that it is a even playing feild, make up your mind. Play by the the rules or dont, I like I have said and no replys, the championship of kentucky has already been cheapen. Just admit that you guys go to a another state and try to get athletes to come and play for you. And tell me in the same breath that your better because of your coaches and work harder. If that is true have coach Beaty go to Butler and win a championship or go to Ballard, bet it would not happen you know why, he would lose to Trinity. BECAUSE YOU DONT PLAY BY THE SAME RULES. Show me a rule where Male or Manual can go over to Indiana or oldham county to get athelets, but it is fair for you. You want to make it fair. Split the catholic grade schools up equally and have a certain number go to X or T or Holy cross and then stay within Jefferson county. You do that one thing, and you wont because you and your school knows if you did you would lose, And Prop 20 would be no longer a question. But you wont, why should the majority have to change to rules for a few, Why dont X T and the SH, LEX Cath, just say ok we will stay within jefferson county or lex. because they know if they lived by the same rules as the Males and Manuals then they would not Win. It would make too much sense for a few schools to change, So it will never happen, and I know and live in reality unlike you guys wont admit it. just admit that you dont play by the same rules.
    When will someone from Manual admit that they don't play by same rules as most other public schools????

  8. #383

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W
    And that means you would not play by the rules that the public schools had too, so you are teaching your kids that it is ok to not play by the rules as long as no one says anything. But you already said that it is a even playing feild, make up your mind. Play by the the rules or dont, I like I have said and no replys, the championship of kentucky has already been cheapen. Just admit that you guys go to a another state and try to get athletes to come and play for you. And tell me in the same breath that your better because of your coaches and work harder. If that is true have coach Beaty go to Butler and win a championship or go to Ballard, bet it would not happen you know why, he would lose to Trinity. BECAUSE YOU DONT PLAY BY THE SAME RULES. Show me a rule where Male or Manual can go over to Indiana or oldham county to get athelets, but it is fair for you. You want to make it fair. Split the catholic grade schools up equally and have a certain number go to X or T or Holy cross and then stay within Jefferson county. You do that one thing, and you wont because you and your school knows if you did you would lose, And Prop 20 would be no longer a question. But you wont, why should the majority have to change to rules for a few, Why dont X T and the SH, LEX Cath, just say ok we will stay within jefferson county or lex. because they know if they lived by the same rules as the Males and Manuals then they would not Win. It would make too much sense for a few schools to change, So it will never happen, and I know and live in reality unlike you guys wont admit it. just admit that you dont play by the same rules.

    #1, we play by the rules. We play by the rules that are set forth by the KHSAA for ALL schools. Because some schools choose to limit their drawing power, does not make the fact that we don't, illegal.

    #2, I did not ever say we worked HARDER. I said we work hard. YOU assume I meant harder.

    #3, YOUR OWN SCHOOL does not live under the same set of admission standards as the rest of the state do. YOUR OWN SCHOOL is even MORE selective in their admission of students than Trinity or X!

    #4, IF improprieties have occured, WHY haven't they been reported? Punish the offenders. Elimination of your competition, including those who ARE playing by the rules is not in any way, shape or form a fair solution to anyone.

  9. #384

    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Louisville, Ky USA
    Posts
    4,523

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete W
    And that means you would not play by the rules that the public schools had too, so you are teaching your kids that it is ok to not play by the rules as long as no one says anything. But you already said that it is a even playing feild, make up your mind. Play by the the rules or dont, I like I have said and no replys, the championship of kentucky has already been cheapen. Just admit that you guys go to a another state and try to get athletes to come and play for you. And tell me in the same breath that your better because of your coaches and work harder. If that is true have coach Beaty go to Butler and win a championship or go to Ballard, bet it would not happen you know why, he would lose to Trinity. BECAUSE YOU DONT PLAY BY THE SAME RULES. Show me a rule where Male or Manual can go over to Indiana or oldham county to get athelets, but it is fair for you. You want to make it fair. Split the catholic grade schools up equally and have a certain number go to X or T or Holy cross and then stay within Jefferson county. You do that one thing, and you wont because you and your school knows if you did you would lose, And Prop 20 would be no longer a question. But you wont, why should the majority have to change to rules for a few, Why dont X T and the SH, LEX Cath, just say ok we will stay within jefferson county or lex. because they know if they lived by the same rules as the Males and Manuals then they would not Win. It would make too much sense for a few schools to change, So it will never happen, and I know and live in reality unlike you guys wont admit it. just admit that you dont play by the same rules.
    Pete, I had a little trouble following what you said, but I've tried to interpret what you meant to say. If I understand what you are saying, your argument is that Non Kentucky residents should not be able to play for Kentucky schools. I would disagree with you, but that is one possibility for a rule the KHSAA could pass. As of right now out of state players can play in Kentucky. They could play for Male or Manual IF male or Manual chose to accept them. The rules are the same for everyone.

  10. #385

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    louisville
    Posts
    407

    Pete W, I agree. All Tell. I also agree

  11. #386
    Pete W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,905

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity alum
    Pete, I had a little trouble following what you said, but I've tried to interpret what you meant to say. If I understand what you are saying, your argument is that Non Kentucky residents should not be able to play for Kentucky schools. I would disagree with you, but that is one possibility for a rule the KHSAA could pass. As of right now out of state players can play in Kentucky. They could play for Male or Manual IF male or Manual chose to accept them. The rules are the same for everyone.

    You are wrong Manual and male or any other JCPS can not take students outside of there districts

  12. #387

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    34

    Votes will be exchanged when the BOC votes. Certain members of the BOC come from areas that could be hurt by Proposal 3.

  13. #388
    Pete W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,905

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom
    #1, we play by the rules. We play by the rules that are set forth by the KHSAA for ALL schools. Because some schools choose to limit their drawing power, does not make the fact that we don't, illegal.

    #2, I did not ever say we worked HARDER. I said we work hard. YOU assume I meant harder.

    #3, YOUR OWN SCHOOL does not live under the same set of admission standards as the rest of the state do. YOUR OWN SCHOOL is even MORE selective in their admission of students than Trinity or X!

    #4, IF improprieties have occured, WHY haven't they been reported? Punish the offenders. Elimination of your competition, including those who ARE playing by the rules is not in any way, shape or form a fair solution to anyone.
    Hello Manual would love to take kids from other countys or states for that matter BUT they CANT, Why because it is against the rules.

  14. #389
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by ladiesbballcoach
    I don't recall Highlands defeating St. X in the playoffs. The ones that voted for this proposal will take the stance that it is simply another class of playoffs like the classes in football. You do not expect Beechwood to compete with St. X nor do you belittle their state title because they did not beat St. X. It is looked at as a state title.
    Covington Holy Cross and New Cath have such and advantage over Beechwood and Danville.

    There are 16 total private football schools in state. 12 of 16 are A and AA.

    Public schools are talking about fair play. But I guess that only counts if you go to a public school. Private schools aren't allowed those freedoms. Hypocrites.

  15. #390
    Pete W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,905

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    When will someone from Manual admit that they don't play by same rules as most other public schools????
    I will pull a private response. What rule are we breaking and how come no one has turned us in, so we are playing by the rules. If no one turns you in it is ok.

Top