Powell and Rice With Email Issues

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Powell and Rice With Email Issues

    Seems like the Sec of State/email issue is not confined to one person.

    Can't happen in today's world.


    BREAKING: Condi Rice, Colin Powell Also Got Secret Info on Their Personal Emails | LawNewz
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    154,220

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Seems like the Sec of State/email issue is not confined to one person.

    Can't happen in today's world.


    BREAKING: Condi Rice, Colin Powell Also Got Secret Info on Their Personal Emails | LawNewz
    Maybe a whole bunch of government officials need to go to prison.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Old news, that story went around a while back. If I remember correctly the rules and regulations had been changed and Hillary was the only one to exclusively use a private email server. Plus, she's running for president.

    That said, I have no problem if people want to rake them over the coals as National Security is too dang critical for these people to not take it to heart. As Guru pointed out, maybe a bunch of them should be indicted. There should really be a focus on all the top levels of the recent administrations, maybe it will make people think harder about things going forward.

  4. #4
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    10,114

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Maybe a whole bunch of government officials need to go to prison.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,533

    If they are as dumb as HRC , then yes both need the same punishment.

    How could anyone route US government email to a private server?

    Honestly that's beyond stupid.

  6. #6
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,205

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRanger View Post
    If they are as dumb as HRC , then yes both need the same punishment.

    How could anyone route US government email to a private server?

    Honestly that's beyond stupid.
    I'm guessing with this news it happens more often than not.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,533

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I'm guessing with this news it happens more often than not.
    You know it really makes you wonder just how many politicians have done this.

    Whatever happened to hiring the best and brightest to your team. Someone around these folks in their IT staffs has to know this is a no no.

    If during an investigation it was discovered that an IT staffer told the politician the government email should not be going to a private email server, then that politician needs to do some time.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,163

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I'm guessing with this news it happens more often than not.
    I would bet on it, I think you are right and why nothing will happen to HRC. She can probably spill it on quite a few on both sides of the aisle. It's politics.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,348

    I read last night that it was a total of 10-12 emails between Rice and Powell that have been classified. That's roughly close to the over 1,200 found on HRC's server that are classified.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I read last night that it was a total of 10-12 emails between Rice and Powell that have been classified. That's roughly close to the over 1,200 found on HRC's server that are classified.
    Hill is the only one who set up a separate private email server. Wonder why?

    As I mentioned earlier I believe different standards were in place during at least Powell's term. Not sure about Rice.

    It's still horrible decision making by all of them. They as much as anyone should know the target they present to hackers.

  12. #12
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,205

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    Hill is the only one who set up a separate private email server. Wonder why?

    As I mentioned earlier I believe different standards were in place during at least Powell's term. Not sure about Rice.

    It's still horrible decision making by all of them. They as much as anyone should know the target they present to hackers.
    That's why I think they aren't the only three to do this. They are just the only three to get caught. Makes me think of the IT guys at work who allow certain people at work to access their work emails on their phones.

  13. #13
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,805

    It's ironic that the government can continuously violate their own protocol, which in turn effects our national security. While at the same time they want to tell me what guns I can and cannot own, even going as far as attempting to eliminate some of my gun rights. They can do as they please and potentially put lives at danger, but I'm the bad guy because I want to keep my right to be able buy a rifle of my choice.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Bluegrass Region
    Posts
    10,693

    The Powell/Rice 'issues' were different and it was well, well covered at the time this all broke.

    Not sure why its coming up again.

    HRC specifically and definitely vioated regulations and likely laws. Defection to different era's and different people does not change that fact.

  15. #15
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    9,022

    What difference does it make, I mean, right?

Top