Police Officer Escorted Out of Classroom He was a Student in.

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,534

    Police Officer Escorted Out of Classroom He was a Student in.

    Will the gun fear stupidity over cease. Don't answer that, I already know the answer.

    WALB : Police officer escorted out of Darton College classroom
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,534

    If I had a kid in college, I would be thrilled if a uniformed (or even under cover) was in their class(es).

    I am starting to think the dumbest in our society are some of our own academia as oxymoronic as that sounds

  3. #3
    JDEaston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,751

    I didn't read the article yet, so I don't know the specifics, but this sounds absurd. Without reading it, I assume this young man is an active police officer that has graduated the academy and has proper training?

    If so, what would make this any different than a school resource officer in high school's, etc? Other than the fact he was told to leave of course...

    I graduated high school in 2001, throughout my entire life there was almost always armed police officers roaming the halls and not just at the high school. In grade school we had D.A.R.E officers, in middle school and high school we had resource officers. Guess what, they didn't leave their guns in the car before entering the school.

  4. #4
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    153,287

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    If I had a kid in college, I would be thrilled if a uniformed (or even under cover) was in their class(es).

    I am starting to think the dumbest in our society are some of our own academia as oxymoronic as that sounds
    No question about it.

    http://bluegrasspreps.com/controvers...er-316373.html

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,108

    I'm guessing this professor had their tenure already..... Sounds like a dumb political move. The next question the media needs to ask is, why was race an issue in all of this? I'm sure it was, because that's the state of our country more and more these days. There's way too much ignorance flying around out there right now.

  6. #6
    BigVMan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    Near Frankfort
    Posts
    9,517

    Really? I mean...really? Can a proff even do that? If I was the officer, I would have told the proff to really really think about what he's asking...using some real critical thinking skills, which I don't think they teach in school anymore unfortunately.

  7. #7
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Yes. And I still feel the same as I stated in the thread.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    8,534

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Cut them out of the loop? Do you mean eliminate them? No, that would be bad, I just wish more of our intellectuals also had at least a hint of common sense because it seems along with the normal curriculum of the course, students also seem to be getting indoctrinated in such stupidity as this article, not sure what can be done about that. I saw plenty of such at Bellarmine but was able to think and reason for myself after I graduated.

  9. #9
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Quote Originally Posted by BigVMan23 View Post
    Really? I mean...really? Can a proff even do that? If I was the officer, I would have told the proff to really really think about what he's asking...using some real critical thinking skills, which I don't think they teach in school anymore unfortunately.
    Seems Darton's statement seems to affirm that they were wrong in his removal, legally at least. Of course I don't know the laws regarding that, but it sure would have been nice had the officer refused, knowing the law (assuming that's correct) and the professor was at liberty to leave instead.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,561

    The college does allow law enforcement to carry guns on campus and has apologized to the officer and met with staff to review Georgia law and college policy.

  11. #11
    BigVMan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    Near Frankfort
    Posts
    9,517

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Seems Darton's statement seems to affirm that they were wrong in his removal, legally at least. Of course I don't know the laws regarding that, but it sure would have been nice had the officer refused, knowing the law (assuming that's correct) and the professor was at liberty to leave instead.
    Would have loved the cop to get a little irate in this instance, look at the proff, and say "make me".

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,108

    And then the "Out of control cop goes off on professor" videos would've been all over the national news. Wouldn't have mattered why the officer went off.

  13. #13
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    153,287

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Cut them out of the loop? Do you mean eliminate them? No, that would be bad, I just wish more of our intellectuals also had at least a hint of common sense because it seems along with the normal curriculum of the course, students also seem to be getting indoctrinated in such stupidity as this article, not sure what can be done about that. I saw plenty of such at Bellarmine but was able to think and reason for myself after I graduated.
    I think you need to read through the thread.

    All too often colleges major in the minors and minor in the majors.

Top