PETA: From Bulls Running to Lobster Cracking---They Want it Stopped. Your Thoughts?

Page 2 of PETA --- Are their hearts in the right place but their heads out to lunch or are their heads in the right place and their hearts out to lunch. I person... 44 comments | 1195 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    40,992

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I love the Roadhouse. Does Somerset have one? I have usually gone to the one on Richmond Road in Lexington. I'd say TR is not on PETA's top 10 favorite restaurants.
    Yes, Somerset has had one for about 4 years.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Every atom in our bodies came from a star that exploded. The atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. We are all stardust."
    Posts
    6,989

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Yes, Somerset has had one for about 4 years.
    Thank you, sir. Guess I know where I'll be going next time I'm in Somerset. The one in Lexington has always been very good. The only bad meal I ever had at TR was at the one in Gatlinburg.

  3. #18
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Uniendo Los Toros
    Posts
    26,880

    I'd have no problem pouring butter all over her and having a snack. Just sayin'.

  4. #19
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    28,511

    Hey vegans, my food s on your food!

  5. #20
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    16,332

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Thank you, sir. Guess I know where I'll be going next time I'm in Somerset. The one in Lexington has always been very good. The only bad meal I ever had at TR was at the one in Gatlinburg.
    It must be nice to be able to sit down and eat in Somerset, some of us dont have that luxury , lol.

  6. #21
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    19,671

    I recently talked to a fellow who had visited Vietnam and he said in some restaurants they had dog on the menu.

    Don't think I could ever bring myself to chew on Rover.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Bluegrass Region
    Posts
    9,910

    Lobsters are great as long as you ignore that fresh lobsters usually meet their fate being either grilled or boiled alive.

    Doubt if PETA girl wants to simulate that part of journey.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,287

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I recently talked to a fellow who had visited Vietnam and he said in some restaurants they had dog on the menu.

    Don't think I could ever bring myself to chew on Rover.
    In China they serve rats, in South America guinea pigs, in France horses. Personally I wouldn't be inclined to try any of them but different cultures eat different things.

  9. #24
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,119

    I wonder if fish eat vegans.

  10. #25
    mountain ref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,092

    PETA is awful and has caused so much chaos for education about animals for kids.
    I wish shamu would eat them

  11. #26
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Uniendo Los Toros
    Posts
    26,880

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrasscard View Post
    Lobsters are great as long as you ignore that fresh lobsters usually meet their fate being either grilled or boiled alive.

    Doubt if PETA girl wants to simulate that part of journey.
    I wonder if she'd make the same sound a lobster does when you drop them into the boiling water?

  12. #27
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something, brother!!!!
    Posts
    52,803

    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    I wonder if fish eat vegans.
    Catfish will eat anything. Those would probably be some healthy cats after feeding on vegans. Think of all the awful toxins they'd avoid that us heathens ingest daily.

  13. #28
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Every atom in our bodies came from a star that exploded. The atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. We are all stardust."
    Posts
    6,989

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell View Post
    In China they serve rats, in South America guinea pigs, in France horses. Personally I wouldn't be inclined to try any of them but different cultures eat different things.
    Yes, I would have no inclination to try any of those. Horse....maybe, but there are just too many other things to eat.

  14. #29
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    48,911

    We got a girl at work that will only eat cage free eggs. I don't get it.

  15. #30
    lawildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    17,178

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    We got a girl at work that will only eat cage free eggs. I don't get it.
    Eggs from a farm taste SOOOOOOOO much better than those that you buy in the grocery.

Top