Nick Barton out at Frankfort - 'Fight' between LexCath and Frankfort

Page 2 of Iím hearing Nick Barton is out at Frankfort. He was an assistant on the KY all stars last week. IMO he did a great job at Frankfort.... 27 comments | 11517 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    mooremiller31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    1,264

    Considering where the discipline issues were when Nick took the job to where they are now I would say it’s improved leaps and bounds. If it was such an issue before then get rid of him for it then not when the parents have an issue while he’s not there because he’s coaching all stars. Imagine if the administration at Frankfort took initiative on some of these parents when they acted a fool the last couple of years and corrected that behavior. The same adult that instigated the fight at Catholic was also thrown out of the district championship game this past season by officials. Maybe if that adult was reprimanded by the administration this issue could’ve been avoided but I believe the quote used by the principal was “I can’t run a school and worry about athletics too!” Then why all of a sudden do you care now? You’re a frankfort guy Deuce and you know this is wrong and unwarranted. When the replacement is hired we will see how you react. I mean he’s already quit on y’all in the middle of a season before so what’s their to lose right?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,743

    Quote Originally Posted by mooremiller31 View Post
    Considering where the discipline issues were when Nick took the job to where they are now I would say it’s improved leaps and bounds. If it was such an issue before then get rid of him for it then not when the parents have an issue while he’s not there because he’s coaching all stars. Imagine if the administration at Frankfort took initiative on some of these parents when they acted a fool the last couple of years and corrected that behavior. The same adult that instigated the fight at Catholic was also thrown out of the district championship game this past season by officials. Maybe if that adult was reprimanded by the administration this issue could’ve been avoided but I believe the quote used by the principal was “I can’t run a school and worry about athletics too!” Then why all of a sudden do you care now? You’re a frankfort guy Deuce and you know this is wrong and unwarranted. When the replacement is hired we will see how you react. I mean he’s already quit on y’all in the middle of a season before so what’s their to lose right?
    What is the administration supposed to do about a rogue parent? I certainly understand why/how they could be a problem, but what are they really supposed to do?

    I am a Frankfort guy, you're right. But I don't know as many of the administrators/coaches as I used to. I'm just trying to piece it all together regarding this situation, as I know there is almost always more to the story. Nick Barton may be a great guy/coach for all I know.

  3. #18
    mooremiller31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    1,264

    Administration can’t ban an adult from all FIS sporting events? Pretty sure that’s done all over the state. This incident is a “scape goat” for Houston to bring his boy back in. Bottom line.

  4. #19
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,743

    Quote Originally Posted by mooremiller31 View Post
    Administration can’t ban an adult from all FIS sporting events? Pretty sure that’s done all over the state. This incident is a “scape goat” for Houston to bring his boy back in. Bottom line.
    I'm not saying they can't, just seems like it'd be hard to enforce.

    You may be right, and are probably more "in the loop" than I am at this point.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Posts
    9,939

    If the principal said he can’t worry about athletics too then he should be let go as well. He is responsible all things at school level.

    Could Nick improved on discipline..yes. But the same can be said for all the coaches and administrators.

    Bottom line if they bring Brad Medford back after he has skipped out on them I can’t support them any more. Medford put screws to Norman when he was the boys coach. Then lied to kids when he took the Woodford job.

    So yes if administrators bring him back then the fix was in and it wasn’t about discipline.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    13,697

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    What is the administration supposed to do about a rogue parent? I certainly understand why/how they could be a problem, but what are they really supposed to do?

    I am a Frankfort guy, you're right. But I don't know as many of the administrators/coaches as I used to. I'm just trying to piece it all together regarding this situation, as I know there is almost always more to the story. Nick Barton may be a great guy/coach for all I know.
    Suspend him from home games, several schools have started doing this!

  7. #22
    mooremiller31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    1,264

    We shall see Buckett!! Be prepared is all I’m saying.

  8. #23
    doomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Up Elkhorn Creek, sometimes without a paddle.
    Posts
    6,798

    I didn’t know @TheDeuce was a Frankfort guy.

  9. #24
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,743

    Quote Originally Posted by doomer View Post
    I didn’t know @TheDeuce was a Frankfort guy.
    I am indeed.

  10. #25
    doomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Up Elkhorn Creek, sometimes without a paddle.
    Posts
    6,798

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I am indeed.
    Been here 11 years. We are a couple of miles south of I-64 off 127.

    You’re always welcome!

  11. #26
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    The Heisman House
    Posts
    49,743

    Quote Originally Posted by doomer View Post
    Been here 11 years. We are a couple of miles south of I-64 off 127.

    You’re always welcome!
    I appreciate that!

    You got there a little after I left, been in Louisville 14 years next month.

  12. #27
    doomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Up Elkhorn Creek, sometimes without a paddle.
    Posts
    6,798

    I thought you were in Louisville.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    Frankfort
    Posts
    37

    Wish the school had provided a reason in the SJ article other than contract not renewed.

Top