Michael Brown's Friend Sues Ferguson Police

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Michael Brown's Friend Sues Ferguson Police

    Dorian Johnson is the kid that was with Michael Brown when Brown was killed.

    He is suing Ferguson PD.

    Ferguson sued by Michael Brown's friend Dorian Johnson - St. Louis Business Journal
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    ...and I am sure it is just a coincidence but one day later he was arrested on drug charges.

    Dorian Johnson, figure in Michael Brown case, arrested in St. Louis : News

  3. #3
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,079

    Asking for such a low amount IMO is just shopping for a quick easy settlement...I'm sure for that amount they will just pay him off.

  4. #4
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,488

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Dorian Johnson is the kid that was with Michael Brown when Brown was killed.

    He is suing Ferguson PD.

    Ferguson sued by Michael Brown's friend Dorian Johnson - St. Louis Business Journal
    What's the basis for his lawsuit? I know anyone can sue for anything and all of that but you at least have to claim something for the reason.

  5. #5
    capt278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Posts
    4,318

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    ...and I am sure it is just a coincidence but one day later he was arrested on drug charges.

    Dorian Johnson, figure in Michael Brown case, arrested in St. Louis : News
    Shouldn't be doing drugs.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by capt278 View Post
    Shouldn't be doing drugs.
    Agreed....especially a day after you file a lawsuit against law enforcement.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 08
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,256

    So he is suing because he doesn't think Wilson had probable cause to stop them? Does he forget the robbery?

    And didn't forensic say Brown was hit from the front? So his claim in the suit that Wilson shot Brown while he was running away can't be true.

  8. #8
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,253

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Asking for such a low amount IMO is just shopping for a quick easy settlement...I'm sure for that amount they will just pay him off.
    If you're referring to the $25,000 listed in the complaint, that is not the amount he's seeking.

  9. #9
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,079

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    If you're referring to the $25,000 listed in the complaint, that is not the amount he's seeking.
    I just skimmed the article...my bad. I still think he's looking for a quick settlement and will take $50 and a Snickers and go home.

  10. #10
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,148

    Quote Originally Posted by nkuclubbaseball19 View Post
    So he is suing because he doesn't think Wilson had probable cause to stop them? Does he forget the robbery?

    And didn't forensic say Brown was hit from the front? So his claim in the suit that Wilson shot Brown while he was running away can't be true.
    He didn't need probable cause to stop them anyways. He needed reasonable suspicion.

    And weren't they walking in the middle of the road?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    ...and I am sure it is just a coincidence but one day later he was arrested on drug charges.

    Dorian Johnson, figure in Michael Brown case, arrested in St. Louis : News
    Lol! Perfect!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    We all know the cops planted the drugs on him the next day. The Att. General should come in right now and investigate a civil rights violation. Are there anymore buildings to be burnt down.

Top